Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63D wiring query

Options
  • 10-02-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

I am looking at wiring the phone lines of my Astec 63D alarm up to a double RJ11 socket as per the advice elsewhere here.

The phone connection cable coming from the alarm has 4 wires inside, 2 orange connected to the "incoming" line and 2 blue connected to the "phones".

If I connect the 2 orange to socket 1 on the RJ11, is there a right way and a wrong way to connect them i.e. is one a "+" and one a "-" or does this matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

DaveCol wrote: »
    I am looking at wiring the phone lines of my Astec 63D alarm up to a double RJ11 socket as per the advice elsewhere here.

The phone connection cable coming from the alarm has 4 wires inside, 2 orange connected to the "incoming" line and 2 blue connected to the "phones".

If I connect the 2 orange to socket 1 on the RJ11, is there a right way and a wrong way to connect them i.e. is one a "+" and one a "-" or does this matter?

First off the D will only ring a monitoring station.
    You would need a DV for self monitoring.
    Another option is to add a S22 and use that to trigger a voice dialer.

The cables can be installed either way around in terms of the plus and minus.

The main line be that from your eircom line/upc goes into the phone in, in the control panel. The line back out of the control panel goes to any phones connected.

It is using just two cores for the line back out, they can be connected to the back of the socket. This will give the alarm phone priority over any phone in your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Thanks altor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

DaveCol wrote: »
    Thanks altor

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement