Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW Showers Tuesday - Friday, February 11-14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Snowing moderately here at sea level! Great to see :) sticking lightly to most surfaces as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Amazing thunderstorm passing here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Where is here will posters please include location s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowed another little bit here, bout half a centimeter of a dusting on the ground now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Light snow shower here now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

light snow blowing around in the wind

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Heavy hail/Snow mix here in south East kerry blowing in the wind,Lasted 5 minutes but rapid melting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow/snizzle here now. Topping up the dusting from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

See its snowing there... and there..... oh and over there, but it's not snowing here.!

Helpful ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

why weather app is telling me it's snowing. but look at the weather map, no snow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

DSC_0141[1].jpg sticking here,sorry if pictures sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Great dumping here in Sandyford this afternoon for almost an hour. Snowing again now briefly. Very cold biting wind and what's left icing over. Have put some pics on winter 2013/2014 thread. Prob gone by the morning but I for one will be lamppost watching tonight!! Thrilled with such a decent dumping - enough that the kids could throw snowballs and come back in freezing. That's more than we expected 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stevensi

Its just started here again now. Coming down heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Where are you Stevensi?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Drifting here all evening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Here must be covered in snow. Getting an awful bashing last few hours. !!!!! Would be handy to know where the snow is in all fairness!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

there must be something wrong with the radar in Dublin as it is showing very little activity around these parts but just went outside and have a decent covering of snow now, best ive seen since 2011, about 2cm of snow on the ground now and still falling heavy! not what I was expecting at all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Pretty good covering here...(south sligo)
    Boot crunching depth - snowing on and off since midday but turning to hail in the last hour - icy cold.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Here must be covered in snow. Getting an awful bashing last few hours. !!!!! Would be handy to know where the snow is in all fairness!!

If you had a desk/laptop you'd know! :)

In fairness, most regular posters in the weather forum have their location in their profile to avoid having to constantly type it in their posts - appreciate people on smart phones cannot see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    there must be something wrong with the radar in Dublin as it is showing very little activity around these parts but just went outside and have a decent covering of snow now, best ive seen since 2011, about 2cm of snow on the ground now and still falling heavy! not what I was expecting at all:)

I won my bet from yesterday so ! :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

2.5 inches of snow lying with me (donegal)
    More than I expected. I'm just above sea level and there's been snow lying on the higher ground since yday morning so I imagine it's a decent depth up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Looks like more snow showers heading for Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Is it? O, yes it is. I can confirm reports folks that a snowman has been seen in the Donegal area :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i was just looking at magicseaweed and it looks like southern ireland is in for a huge hit again on friday,
    when will it all end.

I won my bet from yesterday so ! :pac::D

haha ye sure did! snow stopped now but nice covering and has saved this winter from being a snowless one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There was a really heavy shower here at about 7:30 that whitened the place. And a flurry right now according to my lamppost. Yes, this was snow that I assumed was only for Donegal and Connacht/Midlands. Can't believe westerlies brought the snow all the way to Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Snowed in at my house...back roads are snowcovered and icy. Rural living at it's best! Winds picking up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Snowing heavily in D15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Several lightning flashes in Donegal Town.....with no thunder...:confused:

War of the Worlds time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement