Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW Showers Tuesday - Friday, February 11-14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just missed out on a large snow shower just to my north by about half a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gonzo wrote: »
    just missed out on a large snow shower just to my north by about half a mile.

You not getting some now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

You not getting some now?

getting none at all, it's just to my north, missing out by no more than a mile i'd say, it's snowing alot just north of Dunshaughlin all the way to Navan. Shame it would have been a nice top-up on what fell earlier!

edit: just checked again and theres a few flurries in the air again, im right on the very southern edge of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Nothing here in South Dublin by sea North & west Dublin seem to be getting it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

I'm in north dublin, nothing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    getting none at all, it's just to my north, missing out by no more than a mile i'd say, it's snowing alot just north of Dunshaughlin all the way to Navan. Shame it would have been a nice top-up on what fell earlier!

edit: just checked again and theres a few flurries in the air again, im right on the very southern edge of it.

that last batch looked like it should have got you just after 00:30. Looked quite decent on radar. I also missed out on it by a few km (to my north like you). Yet another large batch is coming through from the west (slightly bot more of a southerly component to it now (in advance on the upcoming storm, I reckon)) - More greens and blues showing up on the "weather type" on netweather radar which reflects a rise in temperatures in many areas now. temps had been around 0.5 - 0.7c for the past few hours but are now up to 1.0c.....still should be good for snow and there is plenty of lying snow outside however I feel this next batch will be the last main stuff for the night and then we have the storm to look forward to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

4 inches of lying snow in my garden (Donegal)

That's enough watching netweather , off to bed would be nice to wake up to even a dusting of snow tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Got around 5 or 6 inches here in County Derry. Still snowing. Seeing the rain coming tomorrow will make me sad :(

highdef wrote: »
    that last batch looked like it should have got you just after 00:30. Looked quite decent on radar. I also missed out on it by a few km (to my north like you). Yet another large batch is coming through from the west (slightly bot more of a southerly component to it now (in advance on the upcoming storm, I reckon)) - More greens and blues showing up on the "weather type" on netweather radar which reflects a rise in temperatures in many areas now. temps had been around 0.5 - 0.7c for the past few hours but are now up to 1.0c.....still should be good for snow and there is plenty of lying snow outside however I feel this next batch will be the last main stuff for the night and then we have the storm to look forward to!

only flakes falling every now and then, havent had anything much since that really heavy shower after 7pm, few flakes still falling outside now, took one last look at the lying snow it will propably be gone in the morning! Very different day tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Hopefully we'll see a bit more before winters out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my drive to work this morning (winter tyres were useful today)

293481.jpg

raining now though

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

lots and lots and lots of snow for me up here outside of Derry :D

1798704_1392925844303603_1977738139_n.jpg

1920004_1393001544296033_658747995_n.jpg

1926910_1392999230962931_1490805092_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

An hours snow in Ballymote .....tailing off now, on top of last nights fall. The wind is getting up a bit also. Must tie up the bins,,,,,,:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Massive flakes here the past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Is it still snowing there guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Pangea wrote: »
    Massive flakes here the past hour
    And now in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Horrible morning now in Cavan. Windy and lots of rain. All the snow has melted!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

Nope, all stopped leaving horrid wet slush :( BUT the winds are getting very strong and gusty, so God help them in Cork/Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

Lots of lying snow overnight in North Donegal, sleety rain for a while but now snowing very heavily, big massive flakes pelting down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Is the snow going to thaw much today? Still pretty white up here. Big flakes still falling in between rain and sleet. Main roads are relatively clear apparently but I'm stuck up by muckish and the roads are a nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Has anyone got the latest charts?
    Is there any more snow forecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Light snow in Cahir, South Tipp currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Had no power up until about 2 hours ago! Really damaging gusts during the day.

Fairly heavy snow in Cork up until about 15 minutes ago. Temps down to one degree at the moment.

NAE charts look good for wintry showers overnight as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Still lying snow here(donegal) although a fair bit melted with the heavy sleet showers this evening.
    Temps back to 2C with the risk of further snowfall tonight, I'm 40m asl still a winter wonderland with a little bit of altitude.

Just saw BBC weather. They mentioned significant snow for Northern Ireland on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Moderate snow shower ending for now. Stuck to cars and grass. Very unusual in these parts to see snow falling with such strong winds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Light snow falling gracefully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Snowing again in Cahir, a light covering even.
    What a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

sky news says there are two more storms on the way,
    when are these coming, i am tired after todays storm, jaded, delighted to be here, but was hoping for a break in the weather, would not care if it is snow, frost, sun, but please calm is all i need

• Advertisement

Dublin airport says recent snow?? None here all evening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement