Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW Showers Tuesday - Friday, February 11-14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hail and sleet being blown hard against the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Dublin airport says recent snow?? None here all evening

Looks like a snow shower headed Dublins direction in the next 45 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

sully2010 wrote: »
    Looks like a snow shower headed Dublins direction in the next 45 minutes

It won't make it, it never does.

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    It won't make it, it never does.

Yea your prob right, just thought it looked like it was strengthening a bit in the midlands on the previous frames

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dublin airport says recent snow?? None here all evening

No significant weather now.

But never say never. All the parameters for snow in Dublin, though very marginal are there.

Temp: Check. Borderline.
    DP: Check.
    Ground Temp: Check.
    Forecasted Precip: Check. Maybe.

Temp 2 and Dewpoint 0 though, so if we get a shower, it should fall as snow. Ad according to NRA data road temps in Dublin are sub-zero so it might also stick (start praying).

3hr-rain.gif?0138

01:20 M50 Dublin Airport -0.9°C 1.5°C 12.5 km/h SSW
    01:20 M50 Sandyford -0.4°C 1.6°C 14.1 km/h SW

METAR: EIDW 130100Z 23022KT 9999 FEW009 BKN013 BKN015 02/M00 Q0979 NOSIG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Well I'm about 25km due west of north Dublin city/suburbs and there have been some pretty heavy snow showers over the past few hours. I'm in a rural area and even the roads are covered. There's a very large swathe of snow moving into the midlands east of Galway at the moment. In fact, this band stretches all the way back to Galway city and beyond so there could be a decent dumping here within the next 30 - 40 mins. I reckon it would make it to Dublin and current trajectory would have it hitting most of Dublin city....straight down the Liffey.....if it makes it, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

That snow shower seems to be turning to rain / sleet as it approaches the coast. I'm in blackrock.

That snow shower seems to be turning to rain / sleet as it approaches the coast. I'm in blackrock.

Bit of a dead duck alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Just got up to go to the loo and looked out,there's a few cm of snow on ground and its pegging down snow as I type in north kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tartetatin

Snowing albeit lightly now near Blessington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Heaviest snow since 2010 here and most prolonged too. Temp holding steady between 0.9 and 1.0. Big flakes but quite wet. I'd say I'm near the threshold altitude for sticking snow at just under 100m ASL. Lots more heavy stuff moving through Galway now so I reckon I could have several cm's by morning. I think anywhere east of around Maynooth won't get much, if any sticking snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭bloopy

Light snow falling in kilkenny city. Seems to be sticking at the moment. The footpaths are quite slippery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh so i come in here to talk snow :D

because it snowed in cork and it stuck!!!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Light dusting in Rathdrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

We have been in a winter wonderland for a couple of days now, have had snow on the ground since monday night and had a bit of a melt tues morning, when we made a burst for the shop, more snow tues night and off and on most of yesterday with a bit of melt around mid-day when it all slid off the roofs. Have had a few showers during the night and is snowing again as I type, still only about two inches on the ground a little bit more in the field. The hens are refusing to come out and I don't blame them.

I see MT is forcasting much of the same sort of thing for the next few days for the NW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Snowing again in Kilkenny City :) we are getting a good lot of it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Seems north KK is getting the best of it. According to my fb feed Sky News have been reporting from kilkenny..

Maybe it might be on the way down here :) it's falling here the last half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    ahhhh so i come in here to talk snow :D

because it snowed in cork and it stuck!!!!! :P

And it is now snowing again on Model Farm Road :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Woke up to a light dusting of snow here in South East Kerry.
    Looks like more could be on the way as well.

Snowing again in cork city!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

:)

Jom9GYU.jpg?2

e8AqTg5.jpg?1

Cahir btw (for the mobile users!)

Northside like an ice rink but the sun is coming out :-( booo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snow shower here again near Mallow. A small dusting earlier but snow is snow and nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Met Eireann didn't mention snow in the south last night :/ and I need to do a long drive :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

123 LC wrote: »
    Met Eireann didn't mention snow in the south last night :/ and I need to do a long drive :/

It did..had a warning out for snow showers countrywide.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

It's snowing in B'mote, on top of frozen snow and ice.....may have to defer the trip to the shops to get provisions for a while....TG I have a day off today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Thin layer of icy slush over everything this morning in Limerick city. Hasn't quite managed proper snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No snow yet, but just had a big rumble of thunder in Castlebar.

Edit - Make that 3 rumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

In Mitchelstown at the moment and place is a winter wonderland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement