Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW Showers Tuesday - Friday, February 11-14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Things are really quite brutal in south Donegal at the minute; very windy with horizontal sleet. A massive roll of thunder conicided with the power being knocked out briefly about half an hour ago. Must be damage somewhere as all the neighbours up the road are still out.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I am hearing lots of rumbles of thunder too, to the north of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Ah lovely to see pics of the aul white gold - for those of us who do not have.

Thanks for the pics and videos.

Enjoy - it'll be short-lived I reckon!

"Hello my name is Wine Goddess and I am a snow-holic.
    It has been MONTHS since my last decent snow.
    I may have to BURST soon with withdrawals." ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Bigger showers moving in from the west now more hail/sleet than snow id say...becoming very gusty as showers get closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Snowmaker

"Hello my name is Wine Goddess and I am a snow-holic.
    It has been MONTHS since my last decent snow.
    I may have to BURST soon with withdrawals." ;)

(everyone in the forum) "Hi Wine Goddess"
    We feel your pain... Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress. She must be in cahoots with the snow-gods, who's noses are out of joint ... guess all that talk about getting a snow-machine didn't do us any favours...

Bring back the SAA (Snow Addicts Anonymous) thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, the first (and probably only) accumulation of the 2013/14 winter! Very heavy snow showers right up until the late morning, but has since turned back to rain.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

amber2 wrote: »
    Wind turbine brought down by the winds in Rockchappel Co Cork yesterday.

They have turbines in Rockchappel??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

amber2 wrote: »
    Not any more they don't !!!

Haha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

There seems to be snow everywhere else except for Dublin ffs! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Standman wrote: »
    There seems to be snow everywhere else except for Dublin ffs! :(

the east of Ireland has had a particularly bad snow winter in fairness, I think the West of Ireland definitely won the winter in terms of snow and even that was very small amounts, not a hint of an easterly all winter so no surprise, and even if there was an easterly it wouldnt do us much good anyway it's relatively mild all the way to Moscow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Kildare, Longford, Westmeath and Meath
    A band of heavy rain is expected to move northwards during Friday, and is likely to be preceded by a spell of snow for a time in parts of Connacht, Ulster and north Leinster with accumulations of 3 cm in places. The snow will turn to rain later in the day and early Friday night and lying deposits should melt.

Issued:Thursday 13 February 2014 15:00
    Valid:Friday 14 February 2014 10:00 to Friday 14 February 2014 17:00

AND

From the met office
    An area of rain will move across the UK from the south on Friday afternoon and into the evening. As this rain arrives it will fall as snow above approximately 250 m over England and Scotland, but may fall to low levels for a time in the northern half of Northern Ireland and western Scotland. Temporary accumulations of 2 to 5 cm are possible in places, mainly above 250 m, with up to 10 cm possible over the highest routes in Scotland.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ni&fcTime=1392336000

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Weathering wrote: »
    STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Kildare, Longford, Westmeath and Meath
    A band of heavy rain is expected to move northwards during Friday, and is likely to be preceded by a spell of snow for a time in parts of Connacht, Ulster and north Leinster with accumulations of 3 cm in places. The snow will turn to rain later in the day and early Friday night and lying deposits should melt.

Issued:Thursday 13 February 2014 15:00
    Valid:Friday 14 February 2014 10:00 to Friday 14 February 2014 17:00

AND

From the met office
    An area of rain will move across the UK from the south on Friday afternoon and into the evening. As this rain arrives it will fall as snow above approximately 250 m over England and Scotland, but may fall to low levels for a time in the northern half of Northern Ireland and western Scotland. Temporary accumulations of 2 to 5 cm are possible in places, mainly above 250 m, with up to 10 cm possible over the highest routes in Scotland.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ni&fcTime=1392336000

Well that makes sense the northern half of Northern Ireland. :D Hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy snow and sticking- Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Ya there lots of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

JEALOUS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Iancar29 wrote: »
    JEALOUS!!!

Meh 5 days of it here, enough now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Snow in Westport for about half an hour has just turned to rain

Stay safe all.

However if you do have to be marooned anywhere this weekend, Westport is the place

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Moderate snow at IWAK, lucky sods. All will be gone by 3-4pm though, mild temps rushing up the Country, already 10C in Cork, expect 7-9 C in Mayo mid afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing away here but not lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Collooney

Jaysis that came out crap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

pauldry wrote: »
    Collooney

Were you about to measure your length on the ground when you took that? :P Stable it isn't:D

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Were you about to measure your length on the ground when you took that? :P Stable it isn't:D

No im in car and windows fogged up

Too frickn cold to open winda

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible day here, heavy sleety rain all morning. Im sure the Dublin mountains must be getting pasted right now.

More collooney

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pauldry wrote: »
    More collooney

Neck injury !!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Getting the bus back from Galway to Sligo this evening. I can expect snow where?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hulahoop2009

have to go to Galway tomorrow. Anyone know what the roads are like N17 to Galway and Salthill area (lower salthill)?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Galway City is fine in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hulahoop2009

Great - thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Heavy snow Donegal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement