Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW Showers Tuesday - Friday, February 11-14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

moderate/heavy snow now, lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Snowing in Dun Laoghaire.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

End of another big lashing of snow in Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Heavy stuff in Dublin 24 for the last half hour, sky lightening up now.

According to the weather channel...

-3 DP

1 air temp

Sensation: -6

No real accumulation (just on car roofs and a bit in the grass), would be interested to see after dark if it keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice shower of moderate wet snow here now giving a slushy covering over everything. Great to see, thats winter done!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

beco wrote: »
    Snowing in Killiney

Indeed, marshmallow snowflakes.

pelting down snow now, dusting

still heavy snow, garden is white. Something tells me this is the snow highlight of winter 13/14...

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Getting dusting in Greystones now, too early to tell if its sticking. The wind is making it look heavy.

Almost stopped now, dusting disappearing like a bottle of wine on Christmas day. Higher wicklow must have gotten at least an inch or two from this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Something tells me this is the snow highlight of winter 13/14...

:p

Snow has just stopped here and left a nice dusting (except on roads). 0.5c DP -0.5c now.

Looks like Wicklow should get some decent snow from that shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Apologies for the odd posts from myself a while back, my boss has been given an appropriate dressing down for his idea of fun.

Back on topic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Any more snow on the way for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Not often you see a radar showing this much snow! :)

293360.png

Possible round three for Dublin/North Dublin in an hour or so. Dusting heroically resisting here in sheltered spots :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think shower activity dying out already over Leinster as predicted in the forecast. Looks like there could be decent falls over the next few hours across north Galway, Mayo, Leitrim, Donegal and many parts of Northern Ireland.
    Today could be as good as it get's till next winter so enjoy what snow is going around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

It's been snowing away here in Dungiven, County Derry. It's no time stopped until its started again! Picture taken with my phone so please excuse the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Couldn't believe my eyes earlier when it started snow at this elevation,was only expecting sleet at most,now that's ninja snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think shower activity dying out already over Leinster as predicted in the forecast. Looks like there could be decent falls over the next few hours across north Galway, Mayo, Leitrim, Donegal and many parts of Northern Ireland.
    Today could be as good as it get's till next winter so enjoy what snow is going around!

Big blob heading towards Dublin in about 30 mins id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Photos here from Curagh Forest this morning :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/landscapeaddict/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it's heading this way alright but it appears to be weakening as it moves east, hopefully will get something out of it, the last shower broke up and missed me altogether tho Dublin did get the heavier end of it which survived all the way across.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Had an afternoon nap only to wake up to everywhere being white. Can't complain!

Mountainy part of Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Looks like the Dublin radar is on the fritz, but regardless the energy is dying away, Id be surprised to see many more hefty showers in east Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Snowed the way out of town. Lying snow when got back to roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Birtles

Short range forecast on met.ie showing quite a bit of moisture from 11pm to 1am for Cork & Kerry. Surely this can't fall as rain under current conditions.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Snowing quite heavily and horizontally in bitter wind in Ongar, West Dublin right now. Trying to stick. Cars have lightest of dustings

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Snowing again quite heavily here in west dublin . Getting a bit of a dusting now and starting on cars and a bit on the grass.

that shower has now reached me but it's only snow dust at this stage, another one lined up for south Dublin/north Wicklow but it may not make it across as it's only across the midlands right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

good coating on galtees
    [IMG][/img]2vw8e2c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Thunder snow over the inner part of donegal Bay at the minute!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement