Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fry/Breakfast on Camden St/Stephens Green

Options
  • 11-02-2014 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Be hitting the Luas on Saturday afternoon around 12.30pm, will be looking to grab something to eat before hand. Previous threads on here and recommendations always come back with either Cafe Sofia or Gerry's, any other suggestions, etc...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Be hitting the Luas on Saturday afternoon around 12.30pm, will be looking to grab something to eat before hand. Previous threads on here and recommendations always come back with either Cafe Sofia or Gerry's, any other suggestions, etc...?

Yeah, I would recommend Cafe Sofia, probably did on previous threads too :)

Gerry's is not really to my liking for the fry - tried it a few times and just was not what I thought it should be - did not have chips available either

The Cathedral Cafe beside Fallons pub is decent too

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

How about Hatch and Sons on Stephens Green, under the Little Museum of Dublin. I haven't been yet, but keen to try it based on reviews and photos I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, I would recommend Cafe Sofia, probably did on previous threads too :)

Gerry's is not really to my liking for the fry - tried it a few times and just was not what I thought it should be - did not have chips available either

The Cathedral Cafe beside Fallons pub is decent too

I found it really terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Twenty10 wrote: »
    How about Hatch and Sons on Stephens Green, under the Little Museum of Dublin. I haven't been yet, but keen to try it based on reviews and photos I've seen.

Good food in their, but a little fancy if you're looking for grease

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Not sure, but don't they do breakfast in the Fumbally's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

If you're going to Fumbally's, I'd recomment Noshington's across from Griffith College. Savage fry, all home made, even the black pudding.
    Also, the Lennox / Table in the Portobello area are decent too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Twenty10 wrote: »
    They do a lovely sausage blaa with good proper sausages.

I've had dinner there twice too, and it was pretty nice, but twice was enough and I wouldn't rush back again. I'd gladly go back for another sausage blaa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

PauloConn wrote: »
    If you're going to Fumbally's, I'd recomment Noshington's across from Griffith College. Savage fry, all home made, even the black pudding.
    Also, the Lennox / Table in the Portobello area are decent too

Was thinking about Noshington, it's only 2 mins and I've been meaning to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I don't get the love for Café Sofia - very average and really crappy cheap sausages.

I like Gerry's and don't want chips with my breakfast.

Tried Cathedral Café once - very poor for the money.

The Fumbally does a decent feed but it's full of people so up themselves it puts me off my food (staff and customers).

Noshington is consistently good but it's a long way from the Luas!

Tried Hatch and Sons the other day - excellent. But I'm biased towards blaas being from Waterford!

I don't get the love for Café Sofia - very average and really crappy cheap sausages.

I like Gerry's and don't want chips with my breakfast.

Tried Cathedral Café once - very poor for the money.

The Fumbally does a decent feed but it's full of people so up themselves it puts me off my food (staff and customers).

Noshington is consistently good but it's a long way from the Luas!

Tried Hatch and Sons the other day - excellent. But I'm biased towards blaas being from Waterford!

I'm not a chips with my breakfast type of person either. Noshington is actually en route from my house to Harcourt Luas. Can't beat a blaa tbh, haven't had one in years since I last stayed in Waterford.

• Advertisement

Only get chips with the fry if its more afternoon, late rise, get a solid feed for the day in. 9-11 am, its a bridge too far.
    Noshington's is worth the walk, we all know it is. I do try and use it for special occasions only as its expensive and don't want to get ahead of my station.

I got a sausage sambo in Noshington before and wasn't impressed. The bread was actually really good, but the sausages were clearly reheated in a microwave and were almost more herb than meat. Was I just unlucky?

stevenmu wrote: »
    I got a sausage sambo in Noshington before and wasn't impressed. The bread was actually really good, but the sausages were clearly reheated in a microwave and were almost more herb than meat. Was I just unlucky?

Gourmet sausages? Noshington is being passed so...

Yeah, I don't know what's up with their sausages, they are a bit on the cheap side. But their rashers are top notch, and the eggs/pudding etc are pretty good too.

Best of all thought, they give you a custard creme or two with your tea/coffee afterwards. Such a tiny thing, but it makes a huge difference :)

stevenmu wrote: »

Never got a sausage sambo, normally the full fry but the sausage was homemade and massive. Same as the black pudding, beans....
    That is a special occasion fry if ever there was one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There's always Green & Baker on the first floor in the St Stephen's Green Centre with free coffee refills.

Advertisement