Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart energy monitor

Options
  • 11-02-2014 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

We just received our free smart energy meter from airtricity. It says in the instructions that you have to hook the sensor on to the live wire from the fuse box. We enthusiastically rushed out to try it on ours but our box looks nothing like the instructions!

Has anyone installed one of these on a Charlesland house and, if you have, could you post or pm me a picture so I can see what to do.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Is your meter outside the house?
    And is this the type of monitor you got?
    https://www.airtricity.com/assets/airtricityquickstartguideweb.pdf

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This thread may be helpful:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81407735

Have a look at the picture in post #6

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

Thanks. The monitor is the one in the link pixbyjohn. The other thread was very helpful too moderator.

I think we'll have to strip our cable back a bit to get it around the live wire only.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

sso wrote: »
    I think we'll have to strip our cable back a bit to get it around the live wire only.

Be very careful!

2011 wrote: »
    Be very careful!

We will!! It nearly fits around it so another 2cm should do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

no need to strip cable...

just clamp around brown wire.

tp25 wrote: »
    no need to strip cable...

just clamp around brown wire.

Yes. Thanks. The brown cable is grouped with the other cables in a larger grey insulated casing. It's the grey I need to strip back keeping the "coloured" insulation.

Don't worry I won't be having any naked wires!

Advertisement