Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Stones Dublin Rumour

Options
  • 11-02-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭

If its true that they will play the aviva in july then i think the demand will be huge and it will sell out faster than Garth Brooks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

I doubt demand for the Stones would be that great, and certainly nothing like GB. It hasn't been so in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

They will be touring Europe this summer so maybe it's a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If its true that they will play the aviva in july then i think the demand will be huge and it will sell out faster than Garth Brooks
    If, like GB, they had not played in 17 years and only once before that then demand would be huge. I have seen them in the old point and in slane and probably wouldn't be bothered with the Aviva, can't be bothered with stadium gigs really, I had sworn off slane too and only went since I really like the stones and gang of us were going.

Many will go to certain bands "to say they saw them", and in case they never come again.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

If they do happen to play over here what dates can we expect in July? I'll be away on holiday during July hope they won't clash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Great b(r)and

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

maybe vicar street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

I wouldn't bother. Richards can't play guitar well anymore and Jagger is starting to look more geriatric by the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I wouldn't bother. Richards can't play guitar well anymore and Jagger is starting to look more geriatric by the gig

Would have to argue with that, unless something has gone downhill since their Glastonbury gig last summer, that was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Where did the rumours of the gig come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Would have to argue with that, unless something has gone downhill since their Glastonbury gig last summer, that was fantastic.

Was amazing alright.
    I wonder would a Marley gig be more suitable this time?
    Not sure the demand would be there for anything bigger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think they could do the aviva since it is local & accessible. I would imagine many older people were put off slane due to the trek. I know of several people in their 70's going to garth brooks.

And yeah they look ragged & auld and we hear all the zimmerframe jokes etc but they still a lot of younger bands performances to total shame.

People were worrying about garth brooks with the crowd potentially chatting through all the songs bar "friends in low places" and 1 or 2 others, its the opposite with the stones, a handful of tracks you might not know and loads you do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If it's confirmed I'll open this thread again. Or if they announce a tour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement