Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to verify BOI account for third party lodgement?

Options
  • 11-02-2014 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    I lodge money into a BOI Drumcondra account every month. But i'm never sure if i've actually got the right account number for the person's account. Is there any way to verify that this particular BIC/IBAN number belongs to this particular person? I'm just worried that if I got one of the digits wrong that it could be going into the wrong account. The person who owns the account never checks their statement, so its hard to verify just by asking....

I realise there's strict data protection rules. But I figured i've already lodged money to that account before and its a lodgement not a withdrawal... so not 100% if this is allowed or not?

Rgds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi bazh23, 

Thanks for posting. 

As you correctly mention, due to data protection, it is not possible to confirm the name on a third party account that you transfer to. The best way to check this is to contact the account holder. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bazh23

Hi bazh23, 

Thanks for posting. 

As you correctly mention, due to data protection, it is not possible to confirm the name on a third party account that you transfer to. The best way to check this is to contact the account holder. 

Thanks

Billy
    Thanks Billy, appreciate you clarifying that. :)

Advertisement