Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email issue

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭

Hi i'm having a problem with opening files on my eircom account. When i click on file to print off an email it then asks me for a user name and password for it but i don't have one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi i'm having a problem with opening files on my eircom account. When i click on file to print off an email it then asks me for a user name and password for it but i don't have one
    Hi fatherted1969

Have you tried your email address as the username and your emails password for the password?

If this does not work then I suggest reading the below on the recent changes made to webmail however if that does not help then you would need to contact email support on 1890260260 (if you are an eircom broadband customer) or alternatively on 1530277100 if not.

There are many people reporting issues with the recent changes made to eircom webmail and I will forward this feedback to online developers. 
    The most recent version has been launched with the intention of improving the experience for our customers by offering improved features such as giving you more storage space per mailbox (5gb) and allowing you to access different email accounts within eircom webmail

Our improved webmail service has been designed to offer more features so it will look quite different to current webmail.
    The new webmail does have more features than our previous mail service.
    • It's faster and better
    • Even more space per mailbox - 5GB storage space
    • Ability to access different email accounts within eircom webmail
    • Personalised look and feel
    • Read RSS feeds in your inbox
    • Webmail on the move - Mobile web access
    [*]

Check out the full list of new webmail features here. You can view an online tour of the new service which may help make layout more navigable for you here

The following link to contains frequently asked questions regarding the new webmail service as well as a tutorial on how to use webmail

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Hi fatherted1969

Have you tried your email address as the username and your emails password for the password?

If this does not work then I suggest reading the below on the recent changes made to webmail however if that does not help then you would need to contact email support on 1890260260 (if you are an eircom broadband customer) or alternatively on 1530277100 if not.

There are many people reporting issues with the recent changes made to eircom webmail and I will forward this feedback to online developers. 
    The most recent version has been launched with the intention of improving the experience for our customers by offering improved features such as giving you more storage space per mailbox (5gb) and allowing you to access different email accounts within eircom webmail

Our improved webmail service has been designed to offer more features so it will look quite different to current webmail.
    • It's faster and better
    [*]

Check out the full list of new webmail features here. You can view an online tour of the new service which may help make layout more navigable for you here

The following link to contains frequently asked questions regarding the new webmail service as well as a tutorial on how to use webmail

Thanks

Al

No joy there !!

I put in my email name and password and it wouldn't work. What's happening is all emails with attachments won't print unless i enable printing and when u do it asks for username which i don't have. I know its not a security thing on the attachments that the sender hasn't put on cos I've checked but its a nuisance having to forward everything to my work email just so i can print them off.

I rang eircom this morning and was passed around for about 20 mins to 3 different helpline staff and had to hang up cos i couldn't hold any longer

Any ideas

Hi fatherted1969

• It's faster and better
    [*]

Thanks

Al

No joy there !!

I put in my email name and password and it wouldn't work. What's happening is all emails with attachments won't print unless i enable printing and when u do it asks for username which i don't have. I know its not a security thing on the attachments that the sender hasn't put on cos I've checked but its a nuisance having to forward everything to my work email just so i can print them off.

I rang eircom this morning and was passed around for about 20 mins to 3 different helpline staff and had to hang up cos i couldn't hold any longer

Any ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi fatherted1969

• It's faster and better

[*]

Thanks

Al
    [*]

No joy there !!

I  rang eircom this morning and was passed around for about 20 mins to 3 different helpline staff and had to hang up cos i couldn't hold any longer

Any ideas
    [*]
    Hi fatherted1969

I've been assured all should be ok now, are you still experiencing issues?

Thanks

Al

[*]
    Hi fatherted1969

I've been assured all should be ok now, are you still experiencing issues?

Thanks

Al

Think its ok now

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Re the 'new' webmail -

1) AFIR there was no announcement that it was going to be changed, I just logged in one day and there it was !

2) While my mobile log in hasn't changed '&^%$£'@eircom.net' , the 'new' webmail on my home /laptop requires me to type in ALL my email address as distinct from the '&^%$£'@eircom.net' on my mobile, and it doesn't remember my password either.This is a disimprovment on the old one.

Advertisement