Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 26 Matchday Thread

• 11-02-2014 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Got until 7:30pm tonight to make any last minute transfers. Should have team news by then on the four games being played today, although I can't really see there being any surprises with Terry confirmed out. Luiz should keep his place this week. I only have Marshall and Hazard in today's games and not expecting a clean sheet so would love to see goals in every game! Think I'll be handing the captaincy back to Luis so a quiet game required from Edin...
    9rmxk0.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Talk of Liverpool and Fulham being cancelled

Word due at three. I have enough subs to cover it so would love if it happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I will not be held responsible for my actions if the game gets called off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Talk of Liverpool and Fulham being cancelled

Word due at three. I have enough subs to cover it so would love if it happened

With Terry out, I need Noone to play to have enough to cover it. Wouldn't mind at all if its cancelled though. Plenty of people have three Liverpool.

My hope is that Azpi will be rested for Cole. Would hit a couple of my rivals. Can't see it happening as Chelsea are away but I'll have a glimmer of hope until the teams are named.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd have no cover, infact l'd be down to 10 players as Terry also injured. But dont want do do any transfers with these DGWs coming up, and FA Cup next weekend.

So Yaya is geeting the VC incase I should not be the Lappy later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd be down to 10 also unless I make a -4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Despite having Sturridge and Suarez I would love if the Pool game was called off. I have some bench players I can play, but one look at my main rival's team shows how much of a hole some people could be in. For him and many others, Mignolet is their only keeper. And with SAS up front he would also be down two attackers, with Whittingham, Chambers and Gabbidon his bench warmers. Whittingham is a nailed on 2 pointer and the other two are unlikely to start! Having already made his transfer this week he would be forced to either play with 9 players or take hits to field 11. I would be happy with either :)

Still don't think it will be called off but here's hoping!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Despite having Sturridge and Suarez I would love if the Pool game was called off. I have some bench players I can play, but one look at my main rival's team shows how much of a hole some people could be in. For him and many others, Mignolet is their only keeper. And with SAS up front he would also be down two attackers, with Whittingham, Chambers and Gabbidon his bench warmers. Whittingham is a nailed on 2 pointer and the other two are unlikely to start! Having already made his transfer this week he would be forced to either play with 9 players or take hits to field 11. I would be happy with either :)

Still don't think it will be called off but here's hoping!

I've Sturridge and Suarez.

I'd still be able to field eleven but they wouldn't be the greatest players on the planet.

If it does get cancelled, it should be an interesting night for captaincy choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OhNooooo14

Is Dzeko due a start tomorrow? Was gonna captain him

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I've Sturridge and Suarez.

I'd still be able to field eleven but they wouldn't be the greatest players on the planet.

If it does get cancelled, it should be an interesting night for captaincy choices.

I disagree. Most people will just go Hazard.

I think Ade is a decent option though. Newcastle have been brutal at the back and he was decent against Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tube strike postponed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i presume people are captaining either hazard or suarez? would ya take a chance on a city player, no goals in last 2 games?

zerks wrote: »
    Tube strike postponed.
    Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Yeah on sky.. thank fukc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CSF wrote: »
    Really?

Just announced on SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/433202060889427969
    Caution on Tube strike, @robertrea points out: Although TSSA reported to have called off their strike, still to hear from RMT union

Might not be off just yet.

https://twitter.com/robertrea/status/433202565497372672
    People tweeting that the tube strike is off - no, not quite yet. Follow @BBCTomEdwards for the latest on the talks

Thats annoying, could have punished those with 3 Liverpool players, no sub keeper and a weak bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Who would you guys play in goals? I have Mannone & Marshall

I dont think either Mannone or Marshall will keep a clean sheet.
    Currently Im thinking Mannone as he should pickup some save points

Want2know wrote: »

Id definitely go Marshall city are capable of running riot on any given gameweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

@BBCTomEdwards
    The TSSA union is to suspend its strike on London Underground after reaching a deal over ticket office closures, sources tell PA

zarquon wrote: »
    @BBCTomEdwards
    The TSSA union is to suspend its strike on London Underground after reaching a deal over ticket office closures, sources tell PA

The other union hasn't confirmed anything as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Now I have to be an expert on Industrial Relations to play the game?

Jaysus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Now I have to be an expert on Industrial Relations to play the game?

Jaysus...

:D

Well if I know my Unions...which I don't but anyway... they'll be knocking off for lunch in about half and hour and there will be no working through that, and they could have a 15 min tee break due... so I make it that they have about 90mins to get a deal

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I wouldn't worry too much. Fulham are complete chancers. They played sheffield united during the last strike without issue and Arsenal and westham are playing during the proposed strike also with no talk of postponements.

Fulham knackered themselves during the united game and are trying to take advantage for more recovery time.

There is no way this game should be postponed. By all accounts craven cottage is easier to get to than the emirates so why is there no talk of the arsenal game being postponed?

Only the TSSA have canceled their action, it will be later this afternoon before the other union announce their plans. Untill then, cant say for certain, weather there will be industial action or not.

I wouldn't worry too much. Fulham are complete chancers. They played sheffield united during the last strike without issue and Arsenal and westham are playing during the proposed strike also with no talk of postponements.

Fulham knackered themselves during the united game and are trying to take advantage for more recovery time.

There is no way this game should be postponed. By all accounts craven cottage is easier to get to than the emirates so why is there no talk of the arsenal game being postponed?

Chancers is the word, there may be an argument that there was only a small crowd at the SU game... but they are trying to pull a stroke here.

I know there may be tired bodies, but I don't think their team will be in as good spirit for the remainder of the season, I would want to play the game while they're on a high... It'll never be a good time to play Liverpool.

Fulhams nearest tube station was one of the ones due to be closed, prehaps even the next nearest as well, with the whole line its self (district) having a reduced service. Not sure about the stops/lines around Ashburton Grove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

suarez captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is anyone going to create captain poll today? Need to choose the captain before I leave for work;)
    (Don't know how to create a poll, so don't even try)

Want2know wrote: »

Cardiff are the home team but are brutal at the back of late and Villa are nearly better away than they are at home. Beneteke missed a few chances against West Ham at the weekend so should be firing on all cyclinders. City, on the other hand, seem to be missing Aguero and are struggling.

I wouldn't like to be in your predicament to be honest but if I was I have to say I'd take more of a chance on Mannone. He's been scoring well and should get save points at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Brought in Speroni for Mcgregor because I didn't want to risk Mannone against City at home

Have Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling (The SSS) so praying the game goes ahead.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

The other union has now confirmed the strike is off.

pool Fulham will go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

@SkyNewsBreak 3m
    Update - The TSSA union and the RMT union are to suspend planned strikes on the London Underground

Thank fook. Suarez and Sturridge up front for me.

Despite being a utd fan i genuinely hope liverpool tear fulham a new one after their ridiculous attempt to postpone their game. They deserve a good hiding for trying to manipulate the situation.

@SkyNewsBreak 3m
    Update - The TSSA union and the RMT union are to suspend planned strikes on the London Underground

Thank fook. Suarez and Sturridge up front for me.

Phew. . Would have had only 8 definitely to start but with 2 free xfrers.

• Advertisement

My team for the week:

Adrian
    Ivanovic Coleman Mertesacker
    Mata Lallana Hazard Yaya
    Suarez Sturridge Ade

Subs: Mannone, Terry, Ward, Noone.

Terry missing out is a pity but I still feel I may have played Mert because Arsenal have every chance of keeping a clean sheet against United the way they played against Fulham. Chelsea are away as well.

I'm more than happy to double up on Chelsea for the rest of the season, even on weeks with their tough fixtures. If they can keep a clean sheet away to City, then can do it against anyone. I had thought about Cech and then Demel from West Ham but Ivanovic offers alot going forward and tends to go on runs of good form where he scores well for a few games straight. In recent matches, he has been getting forward alot, hence his recent goal and assist. Terry is also due a goal at some stage. I've been saying it for weeks now but he's come close on a few occasions.

Ivanovic and Adrian work out cheaper than Cech and Demel as a combo. I actually don't expect Adrian to keep a clean sheet tonight. West Ham have now kept three in a row so are surely due to concede eventually. That said, for the rest of the season, I think West Ham defensive cover is a necessity. I've often said I play this game based on managers as much as players and Big Sam was on SSN this morning boasting about how West Ham would be building from the back and to not expect beautiful free flowing football against Norwich tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Is anyone going to create captain poll today? Need to choose the captain before I leave for work;)
    (Don't know how to create a poll, so don't even try)

Managed to get this done, hope i included all good options there.

Fair play to the tube drivers. Reasonable bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Would you start Mata (ARS away) or Sterling (FUL away)?

8-10 wrote: »
    Probably Sterling, and that isn't saying alot for Mata at his current price really. A player at that price should be a no-brain starter every week.

• Advertisement

is shelvey back this week?

Great strike Tubes, great strike

Looks like I'll be stocking up on the clean jocks for Fulham v Liverpool.

tubbbessssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

8-10 wrote: »

Sterling could end up scoring more but it'd be nuts to ever bench Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Szczesny
    Mert, Cahill, Demel
    Mata, Yaya, Hazard, Eriksen
    Sturridge, Ade, Suarez

Need a really good haul this week, hopefully Liverpool & Tottenham both go on a rampage.

Marshall
    Koscielny Flanagan Clyne
    Silva Toure Hazard Lallana
    Suarez (C) Dzeko Sturridge

Bit annoying not having much interest in tonight's games. Have Hazard but won't be captaining him so could do with a flop. Only other player that features is Marshall and he's unlike to keep a CS based on recent form. All I can hope for is boring 1-1's with no big goalscorers!

having a terrible year in ff this season, just cant pick a good team or captain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Coleman played at wks didn't he for Everton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Which Southampton player to drop tonight, facing Hull away; Fonte, Lallana or Rodriguez?

• Advertisement
Advertisement