Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best toasted sandwich maker sandwiches.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Finally tried the frying pan method of doing toasted sandwiches that I saw on this site. Will never have a toasty any other way........ Going to make one now, delish...

Link Please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

yis hoors have me shtarvin. im off to warm her up. fried potato work?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Swampy wrote: »
    How does this work exactly?

Just use baked beans as the filling. They cook perfectly in the sandwich maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

squadro wrote: »
    yis hoors have me shtarvin. im off to warm her up. fried potato work?:pac:

At first I thought no, then I thought with cheese and a sauce it might work, ketchup and cheese is a very tough combo to pull off, mayonnaise would Turn the dried potato into a potato salad so might not work, gravy could work.

So a fried potato, cheese and gravy toastie. But pre cooking the ingredients I'm sure defeats the purpose of the whole think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Tuna and cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

mauzo! wrote: »
    Tuna and cheese.

Whatever floats your boat but that sounds gank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

I often come in freezing after work - putting on fluffy slippers and jamming your feet one at a time into the toastie-maker is just the job. Great smell of cheese too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 santamaria

We have a toasted sandwich maker in work and was great at the start - now however it's covered in crusty black bits of burnt of cheese, bread and other bits of sandwiches from everybody using it. Both disgusting and devastating in equal measures.

:(

terrible people disrespectin the sandwich maker by not givin it an aul clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

squadro wrote: »
    terrible people disrespectin the sandwich maker by not givin it an aul clean.

Its a Health and Safety issue too, a dirty sandwich maker would be in the Risk Assessment at work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

baked beans and cheese. Amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

cornedbeef sliced thinly from Hughie doyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

ham, cheese and an egg

you have to be really crafty to make sure the egg doesnt go everywhere, but i find bread, then cheese, then push down a dip in the cheese for the egg. crack the egg in, you won't get all of it to fit, then place the ham over it, and the other slice of bread

it's surprisingly lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

that's a fine combo that. but the beans often come out hotter than the surface of the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Ground up unicorn heart with shavings of elf brain washed down with an ice cold glass of fairygodmother tears.

Or...

Good quality bread, turkey, ham, cheese, tomato, scallions and when it's done add lettuce, mayo and butter, packet of tayto, a hot drink. Woooh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well I grilled this rather than toasted yesterday:
    cheese, tomato, scallion, ham, mayo, homemade gucamole, salt & pepper.
    Delish! (would have thrown on some mustard or relish but housemate in the way and I was hungry!)

I hate cooking so I make the best sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

COYVB wrote: »
    that's a fine combo that. but the beans often come out hotter than the surface of the sun

Yes, but you open the bread for a minute or so to let some heat out, then close it again. Nothing beats the taste of it on a toasted sandwich. Yum!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

le la rat wrote: »
    cornedbeef sliced thinly from Hughie doyles

Are you a vegetarian too?

Plazaman wrote: »
    Beware young Swampy, for what all these cheese loving sammich munchers here are not telling you is that when you use one of these new fangled machines that seals the cheese into the middle of the sandwich, it emerges hotter than the fires of Mordor itself and will leave you "tawting lite thit for a leith an ower atterwards".
    i tud ha theeded the adthvice. too thuckin late now

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

LowLow have Special toastie cheese slices, holy mother of Jebus they are amazing!!!!!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260713104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

€12, what make and where did you get it?

Some great suggestions already for the sambo

i have a breville about 20 years old, survived fire and flood in flat land, no fancy knobs or whistles, just the red and green light. still havent come across a sandwich maker that would out do it. they dont make em like they used too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Anyone who puts tomatoes onto toastie sambos should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

nice, but if you are goin to be in company one to avoid. my butt sounds like the horn of gondor since;)

Advertisement