Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tinder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sky King wrote: »
    What if the the other person looks hot in the pics and you meet her and she turns out to be a skeg?

Beauty is only a light switch away .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Crap think I better stop liking pics and getting matches - it's getting out of hand!! Ego boost wha ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

You said you were a bloke.

Hate to break it to you but some people like, er, have sex with the same sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

MadsL wrote: »

thats mad gay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Marvellous.

Apologies for my wholly un pc (yet correct) assumption the op was a straight, non gay person.

For that there's Grindr. Or will you now accuse me of ghettoising gay people?

The fcuking massively overwhelming odds were it was not a gay man/woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Just saw this advertised on RTE (watch the video).

Tinder indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

wil wrote: »
    Just saw this advertised on RTE (watch the video).

Tinder indeed

*Deletes browsing history

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    Crap think I better stop liking pics and getting matches - it's getting out of hand!! Ego boost wha ;)
    I'm glad it's still going, it literally exploded when I was last on it. I was just so popular. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get that either. Someone likes my pic but hasn't been active in a week!! But that happened and he then sent me a message so might be just latency in the system

That's a bot brah. The last active thing doesn't really mean anything. If you live in a city, Tinder is great. Not so great for folks out in the sticks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

siblers wrote: »
    That's a bot brah. The last active thing doesn't really mean anything. If you live in a city, Tinder is great. Not so great for folks out in the sticks

it will work well when sheep learn to use iphones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Did you find any flappy birds on it?

I am going to assume you are talking about the game.

I SAID ASSUME :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Smidge wrote: »
    I am going to assume you are talking about the game.

I SAID ASSUME :p

Ah now some blokes love to throw a sausage down o'connell street

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Beauty is only a light switch away .
    But ugly goes to the bone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget,

Keep your tinder dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

Wow lots of sticks and kindling jokes here haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sum41dude

It is what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 22 derold

try badoo aswell, something similar to tinder

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I've been trying it for the last couple of days and have found it to be completely useless.
    I only got 1 match and that was a spambot.
    I think I should delete it soon because it's just no good.
    Any form of online dating I've tried has been useless.
    The only way for me unfortunately is to just pluck up the courage to chat to girls in real life.
    Online dating is just full of scammers and shallow boring people so it's impossible to find anyone decent.
    At least if you get rejected in real life you know instantly and you can just walk on, head held high, knowing you gave it a shot and it's their loss.
    I'm probably going to find myself doing a lot of that.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I love the chase too much so I'd be against it tbh but I have used it before a night out...set range to only a km or two and look for quick matches and then message them asking them where are they. Besides that I think it's a bit of a time waster...I quit texting girls a long time ago with the hope of trying to get in their pants...so much more fun and easier in person.

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I've been trying it for the last couple of days and have found it to be completely useless.
    The only way for me unfortunately is to just pluck up the courage to chat to girls in real life.
    Online dating is just full of scammers and shallow boring people so it's impossible to find anyone decent.
    At least if you get rejected in real life you know instantly and you can just walk on, head held high, knowing you gave it a shot and it's their loss.

Erm have you decent photos of yourself on it? Disagree with your opinion about it being full of shallow people, Tinder is a pretty cool way of meeting girls and there are loads of decent girls on it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Rubbish. Don't call it all BS cause you tried for 5 minutes and did not get streams of women falling at your feet. That's not how it works. Thousands find it great, maybe you're not doing it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

How to Tinder:

if duckface -> swipe left
    else -> swipe right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

How to Tinder:

if duckface -> swipe left
    else -> swipe right

Always swipe right :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Always swipe right :cool:
    Gotta have standards man!

Gotta have standards man!

low is a standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

i met my bf on tinder, yeeeeow! ok so we had met previously but that was yeeeears ago! still dont wanna stab him, must be the real sh!t yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

My mate is on it. He has the age set from 18-99 and an unlimited distance. He has never swiped left. Says he got some bird a few weeks ago that was so big, he had to lift her belly up to ride her.

True story. That is not something you brag about.

ohh lord no, haha.
    How many months do you have to wait before you get a match on it then?

ohh lord no, haha.
    How many months do you have to wait before you get a match on it then?

You being serious or joking?

• Advertisement

I saw someone post on a site that he was on it for 2 months with 0 matches.
    I don't think I could take the boredom of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pale blue dot cotton

I don't believe that. 2 months on tinder and no matches? Every dog has its day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

I don't believe that. 2 months on tinder and no matches? Every dog has its day.

Especially ugly dogs may never have their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

when I joined tinder I liked everything for the craic

I saw someone post on a site that he was on it for 2 months with 0 matches.
    I don't think I could take the boredom of that.

His account must have been broken, you should be hoping to be getting matches nearly everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

i met my bf on tinder, yeeeeow! ok so we had met previously but that was yeeeears ago! still dont wanna stab him, must be the real sh!t yo!

wicked!

Ya know something? I get plenty of matches but I'd say only 3 or 4 people actually chat with me on it after I say hello. What do you folks be saying to get things going?

Ya know something? I get plenty of matches but I'd say only 3 or 4 people actually chat with me on it after I say hello. What do you folks be saying to get things going?

are you only saying hello? i suppose something funny that provokes a reply is best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Out of every 10 like matches or whatever you call them I'd say about 5 or 6 will chat. I think a lot of people are on it just for the ego buzz of getting likes.... I've clicked a couple of times from it and am seeing a very nice girl at the minute whom I met off there....

• Advertisement

are you only saying hello? i suppose something funny that provokes a reply is best

Well I've tried to lure them in with my legendary wit too but not too successful. I'll keep at it, maybe I'll meet one the hilarious AH women.

Well I've tried to lure them in with my legendary wit too but not too successful. I'll keep at it, maybe I'll meet one the hilarious AH women.

keep pluggin on man! you'll get there eventually!

keep pluggin on man! you'll get there eventually!

Success!

Success!

yeay!! :D keep us all posted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had a go at it as a bit of an . . er . .social experiment. There's girls on it with profile pictures in their wedding dresses and whatnot, half my village is on it with fake profiles too. I've clearly become too old for this type of carryon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Feck it I'm going to give it a go, right downloading app

• Advertisement

Yeah, don't go with normal opening lines. Try to be original and funny. Any remotley good looking girl will be swamped by guys messaging her so you have to standout. Plus it's a good way to have a bit of craic with them and avoid interview type scenarios, where you just end up talking about work and ****.

yeay!! :D keep us all posted :D

thecatspjs was victorious.

Ok liked some profiles, suppose I just wait.

jamesbere wrote: »
    Ok liked some profiles, suppose I just wait.

It's good fun. I only started using it on Saturday. Once you don't take it too seriously and have a bit of a laugh with the people on it. Like LOADS of profiles, you don't have to talk to anyone, even if they like yours back.

It's good fun. I only started using it on Saturday. Once you don't take it too seriously and have a bit of a laugh with the people on it. Like LOADS of profiles, you don't have to talk to anyone, even if they like yours back.

Seems like the best way to look at it. Should be an intersting few days. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement