Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tinder

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I don't have a smartphone, so I don't have Tinder, or Whatsapp or Snapchat, I feel soooo out of the loop, I'm a 90s child and haven't moved with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Youzername

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Yea, you have to be creative or else the conversation will die a quick death. A lot of people are only on it for a bit of fun so a few awkward messages aren't really gonna fly. I've talked to some girls about it and the majority said that they wait for the guy to make the first move so don't take it personally if you don't hear from them. Just start using cheesy/funny chat up lines, worked for me anyway.

Not expecting my future wife from tinder or anything ha, but I swipe someone if I fancy them, I would imagine most would do the same? I wouldn't normally use chat up lines at all tbh, an wouldn't have thought you'd need to if someone swiped ya back :o

I'll give a few of the cheesy lines a bash an see what happens I spose! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Many people getting conversations going? Am no oil painting myself but disappointed to not get any chat when I do get matches. Could be mistaken matches I suppose. No bigs like anyway. Just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Quite a fan of tinder when i am board or on the loo or what ever.

Like i find it has some quite good looking girls on it over say a dating site EG more my type. Eg i found from dateing sites there is a lot of girls with a lot of problems on it and a lot are to much to deal with.

Like have met up with a few on it went grand like as if you met in public your grand LoL. Like i am still chat to one i met but distance is a problem but shes quite a nice girl.

But a friend of mine met the girl he is seeing off it. Far play to him as like shes good looking and not my type and seems to be a nice girl anyway. Like it proves the point people can easily find love in it :)

It hurt my brain how many times 'like' was said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Youzername wrote: »
    Not expecting my future wife from tinder or anything ha, but I swipe someone if I fancy them, I would imagine most would do the same? I wouldn't normally use chat up lines at all tbh, an wouldn't have thought you'd need to if someone swiped ya back :o

I'll give a few of the cheesy lines a bash an see what happens I spose! :pac:

Well I don't use chat up lines in the real world much either, but you'll have more success if you don't take yourself too seriously and have a bit of a laugh instead of the usual -
    "Hey, how are you?"
    "Good thanks, and you?"
    "Yea I'm grand. Do much at the weekend?" .... (I dunno, where would you go from here?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

I was talking to someone a month ago who I quite liked and we stopped chatting then for some reason. Is it okay for me to start a conversation over a month later?

cocaholic wrote: »
    I was talking to someone a month ago who I quite liked and we stopped chatting then for some reason. Is it okay for me to start a conversation over a month later?

Sure you have nothing to lose really.

Sure you have nothing to lose really.

Would it appear desperate or sad though?

Would it appear desperate or sad though?

I think people perhaps overthink this a bit too much. Its a double edged sword at the end of the day. You show interest and your out of the game and you dont show enough interest and your out of the game so you cant win really. I say go for it and if it isnt to be well then it isnt to be. You might regret it more if you dont do anything considering that your thinking of this a month on.

(This expert advice comes from a 31 year old almost eternal singleton :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

I think people perhaps overthink this a bit too much. Its a double edged sword at the end of the day. You show interest and your out of the game and you dont show enough interest and your out of the game so you cant win really. I say go for it and if it isnt to be well then it isnt to be. You might regret it more if you dont do anything considering that your thinking of this a month on.

(This expert advice comes from a 31 year old almost eternal singleton :rolleyes:)

I worried that I appeared too eager anyway (starting the convo etc) so didnt follow up when the convo stopped. :(

I worried that I appeared too eager anyway (starting the convo etc) so didnt follow up when the convo stopped. :(

It sounds like you have self esteem issues tbh. Male or female?

Advertisement