Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitch.tv Channels 'Live from Playstation'

Options
  • 11-02-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new to boards, I did a quick search and couldn't find any Twitch.tv channel thread for the PS4. If there is an already existing thread apologies for creating a duplicate

As the 'Live from Playstation' feature is becoming rather popular, I thought I would create a thread so people can post their twitch username and state which genre of games they like to stream and on what platform.

Although 'Now Streaming' information is viewable on the PS4 feed and is accessible if boards.ie members have added each other as friends on PSN, I thought a seperate thread would be useful for those that enjoy casually watching streams on the Twitch Mobile Apps or on the website directly, this way people could still tune into PS4 streams while on the go, or while chilling at home.

My Channel Info:
    twitch.tv/zeronem

My Girlfriends Channel Info:
    I mod/edit/feature on some of her channels

twitch.tv/misslunarmagick
    twitch.tv/2Gurlz1Game

What games/genres do I stream:
    A mix of everything, I enjoy playing FPS, battlefield/COD, RPG so I'll be streaming more of these in the future from PS4, PS3 and PC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I wish there was an actual twitch app to watch all gameplay across twitch not just ps4 games via playstation which are streamed in horrible resolution doesnt do any game justive

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does anyone know if streaming a game through the PS4 use a lot of bandwidth? I have 5mbs dl and .5mbs ul from eircom. Was gonna stream some NBA but dunno if it would even be worth it with my Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if streaming a game through the PS4 use a lot of bandwidth? I have 5mbs dl and .5mbs ul from eircom. Was gonna stream some NBA but dunno if it would even be worth it with my Internet.

Not sure about the PS4 but streaming via Twitch for PC @ 0.5mb you'd be looking at 360p on low quality with a decent about of shutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

Download, nothing less than 5 Mbps really, and upload, nothing less than 1 Mbps.

Quality of stream may be compromised by anything less than that in my opinion.

I've seen some streamers struggling to host a good quality stream at 0.9 Mbps.

As I figured, will wait for efiber so before launching my game streaming career :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »
    As I figured, will wait for efiber so before launching my game streaming career :)

Do a bit of post production and do some let's plays.

Varik wrote: »
    Do a bit of post production and do some let's plays.

Ah I definitely don't have a voice for commentary :D and way too lazy to post produce. Would just be cool to live stream on the fly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭-crisp-

I don't use the in build capture card. the quality is rubbish and I have a 200mb line.
    I'm in the middle of testing (when i get the time) different settings to get a good quality stream.
    I use a Roxio Game Capture pro to stream the gameplay to my PC and Software called xSplit to stream to the interwebs.
    The only problem is the HD signal from the ps3 and ps4 is encoded so you cant rim bluray disks. to getaround that I got a HD splitter that decodes it for a few quid on eBay see link HERE

That way I can control everything about the stream, I can have a webcam in the corner, I can commentate, viewers can hear mine and my friends chat and the best of all i can attach an overlay so that I can have my twitter user name or youtube name in the corner with the logo and put a fancy looking border around the webcam.

My twitch profile is HERE and you can see one of my past broadcasts with the overlay HEREIm not saying much because nobody was watching and i just wanted to check the stream quality but you can hear my ps3 searching the disk and the fans from my computer so next i have to figure out how to cut that out.

Feel free to add me on psn, name is neglit
    twiter is Superneglit
    Facebook page is Superneglit
    Ive also started a gaming news website HERE

Apologies for the blatant self whoring but I'm all for streaming and gaming so add me and we can do some kind of collaboration or something!! I kind of play on the fact, my gimmick if you will, that I'm utterly useless at games. Which really am once you pit me against people online.
    And I've followed yours and your girlfriends twitch channels

-crisp- wrote: »
    Feel free to add me on psn, name is neglit
    twiter is Superneglit
    Facebook page is Superneglit
    Ive also started a gaming news website HERE

Apologies for the blatant self whoring but I'm all for streaming and gaming so add me and we can do some kind of collaboration or something!! I kind of play on the fact, my gimmick if you will, that I'm utterly useless at games. Which really am once you pit me against people online.
    And I've followed yours and your girlfriends twitch channels

Thanks man, will follow back asap, twitter info is also posted on both twitch channels if you want to drop a follow there also. A collaboration would be pretty cool so it may be easier to keep in touch through twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Good thread! I'm a Twitch Streamer too. Had a really successful week streaming Outlast on PSN. Had 1,000 viewers and 15,000 in total so i'll be doing it a lot more!

Have run a gaming community for the past 3 years and have a really active twitter.

• Advertisement

Klair88 wrote: »
    Good thread! I'm a Twitch Streamer too. Had a really successful week streaming Outlast on PSN. Had 1,000 viewers and 15,000 in total so i'll be doing it a lot more!

Have run a gaming community for the past 3 years and have a really active twitter.

I tuned in dude, great streams, had the laptop hooked up to the TV to watch. You did a few shoutouts to me, ZeroNem on Twitch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭-crisp-

Cool. Followed you too.
    It's good to see irish people doing it.
    All I've seen are mostly Americans and Brits. No really massive pages or streamers (that I know of)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

ZeroBarry wrote: »
    I tuned in dude, great streams, had the laptop hooked up to the TV to watch. You did a few shoutouts to me, ZeroNem on Twitch

Awesome! Cool, i'll follow back. Yeah i'm really happy there's an irish presence. I hope to help build it up! Very useful for reviews etc. Live from Playstation is awesome!

Advertisement