Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Incompetency of Eircom Staff - Considering Ending My Breached Contract.

Options
  • 11-02-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Decided to open a new thread for this, simply because Alan seems to be ignoring my previous one. 

So, in the new house three weeks, and still the issue with my moving order has not been resolved. In fact, some other fantastic member of staff has decided to go and make it worse!! Despite being promised a resolution on the 6th, 11th and now 17th of February, we are STILL on a package we did not order, which is totally different from the package we ALREADY HAD when we asked to move our CURRENT SERVICE to a new address. 

We DO NOT want up to 8mb.
    We DO NOT want to wait ANOTHER 5 working days for the "upgrade" to be issued. Seriously? A whole week to put me on a higher package?
    We DO NOT want your staff members placing extra orders on our account, forcing the current order for our original package to be put on hold. 
    We DO NOT want to constantly chase up lazy staff members who have no intentions of calling or emailing us back to get updates on the lack of status of our order. 

I cannot even get access to technical support via phone as "there are multiple orders on your account" and I have to deal with customer care. 

Either we have been activated at the exchange, or we have not. 
    Either we are on the package we were on 4 weeks ago or we are not.
    Either you can upgrade me to my original package, or you cannot. 

This issue has been escalated twice according to different representatives, with absolutely no calls to keep us updated. 

Might I remind you, yet again, that according to the recording we have of the new 12 month contract we entered into for moving that you are currently in breach. We are not in contract with you if you are not supplying us with the terms of the contract (namely the broadband package we are supposed to be getting) and will have no issue whatsoever with transferring our custom to an alternative ISP by close of business tomorrow should we not receive a satisfactory answer to our issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI ShaShaBear

I have been actively chasing this up for you and after numerous requests the issues have been resolved in relation to having the original (admittedly wrong) order to be completed on records to enable the order for an upgrade to the speeds you want.

I see that from today the order was placed for the broadband upgrade to up to 24MB.  Although the average timeframe for this is up to 5 working days I must be very clear in stating that I will request the escalation and prioritisation of the 24mb upgrade however it is just not possible to have this done today. A technician is required to call to your exchange as ports need to be changed from ADSL to ADSL2+.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

HI ShaShaBear

I have been actively chasing this up for you and after numerous requests the issues have been resolved in relation to having the original (admittedly wrong) order to be completed on records to enable the order for an upgrade to the speeds you want.

I see that from today the order was placed for the broadband upgrade to up to 24MB.  Although the average timeframe for this is up to 5 working days I must be very clear in stating that I will request the escalation and prioritisation of the 24mb upgrade however it is just not possible to have this done today. A technician is required to call to your exchange as ports need to be changed from ADSL to ADSL2+.

Thanks

Al
    The technician lives in the town that I live in. He is less than 5 minutes walk from the exchange. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly, as my college work is suffering with no internet access and our online subscriptions have been rendered useless for the month due to this mistake. I hope you can understand the frustration, but I had to move from Vodafone to Eircom because of problems like this, I was hoping for better and more attentive care. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    HI ShaShaBear

Thanks

Al
    The technician lives in the town that I live in. He is less than 5 minutes walk from the exchange. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly, as my college work is suffering with no internet access and our online subscriptions have been rendered useless for the month due to this mistake. I hope you can understand the frustration, but I had to move from Vodafone to Eircom because of problems like this, I was hoping for better and more attentive care. 
    Hi ShaShaBear

Yes I can understand your frustration and I apologise for this. I have requested priority with this and I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Al

Advertisement