Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat drank diluted Milton!

• 11-02-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Argh! Dude has a death wish. We had mugs soaking in the sink with a drop of Milton to remove tea stains, he jumped up and had maybe one or 2 little laps before we caught him. It's very diluted, I made him drink cat milk to coat his stomach, will bring him to the vets later. Jesus Christ that cat just wants to die on me!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nah; he wants you to have an interesting life! As the chinese proverb goes "May you live in interesting times!" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

He'll send me to an early grave!! I doubt it would be too harmful though like it's used for babies..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

He'll send me to an early grave!! I doubt it would be too harmful though like it's used for babies..
    Simply call the vet and ask them for their oppinion; will most likely save you a trip (I'm guessing advice will be plenty to drink, monitor and if he appears to be lethargic etc. come in) and some worry :)

That's exactly what they said! I just worry too much :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Hee, I've been using Milton for the last few days to clean up cat spray, I don't like the smell but it seems to be doing the trick, doesn't smell as bad as the vinegar and water solution.

• Advertisement

I actually quite like the smell, very clean smelling without that usual eye watering smell of bleach. He's doing fine thankfully, no ill effects (so far anyway!) and he's still being his usual bratty self :)

I actually quite like the smell, very clean smelling without that usual eye watering smell of bleach. He's doing fine thankfully, no ill effects (so far anyway!) and he's still being his usual bratty self :)
    I read somewhere that bleach and other ammonia based products can actually encourage cats to spray. Toby's had another bout of stress related spraying, there was blood in some of it so we were at the vets yesterday. Nothing too major. Jesus, between him and Felix it really is like a p*ssing contest, I'm constantly having to clean up spray for the past week. Hopefully once the uti is under control he'll spray less. We've got them on Kalm Aid and have ordered some Royal canin calm, supposed to work like Zylkene/Kalm aid, except is in dry food form. Fingers crossed.

You should get them both stud pants! It's a nappy for entire male cats to stop them spraying/accidentally mating but it might come in handy for ye! http://www.grannynannyhearts.org/StudPants.html

You should get them both stud pants! It's a nappy for entire male cats to stop them spraying/accidentally mating but it might come in handy for ye! http://www.grannynannyhearts.org/StudPants.html
    He'd eat me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Sillymangox it's just as well Dude has nine lives!!!!

He is certainly keeping you on your toes.

• Advertisement

Layinghen wrote: »
    Sillymangox it's just as well Dude has nine lives!!!!

He is certainly keeping you on your toes.

I think he's down to his last 3 at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I used to use washing powder in warm water (bio liquid from lidl works great and cheap) and spray it on with an old spray bottle, then just wipe with a damp cloth a few mins later. Works on soft furnishings too, although takes a bit more to clean thoroughly.
    It does work, a neighbours intact tom used to pee on my windows and doors in my old house, often got the curtains too >:(

Advertisement