Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Folks.
    Is the mobile version of the site down?

Pain using the site without m.boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

_Brian wrote: »
    Folks.

No I think thats what I'm using . Im on the phone anyhow and its working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

trixi2011 wrote: »
    they are already tailing a robot arm in rotary sheds on a farm in nz think it is gea, milking a lot of cows too, how its going is been kept under wraps id say because you hear very little about it. In this shed tho the robot only replaces the milker , someone still has to get cows in for milking.

That is what the GEA guy I was talking to yesterday. And it's what I'd prefer, getting the cows twice a day and checking the cows and paddock. An existing farm just replaces the parlour and all your roads ways, handling facilities etc. stay the same. But it's a couple of years to a commercial roll out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

moy83 wrote: »
    No I think thats what I'm using . Im on the phone anyhow and its working

Same as that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

That is what the GEA guy I was talking to yesterday. And it's what I'd prefer, getting the cows twice a day and checking the cows and paddock. An existing farm just replaces the parlour and all your roads ways, handling facilities etc. stay the same. But it's a couple of years to a commercial roll out
    I definitely think this is were the robots are going really take off, no training in of stock,no running around the paddock looking for a cow that hasn't been milked. Parlour can be built and robot fitted at a later date when capital allows if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Folks.

m.boards is going to be turned off at the end of the month. there is a notice about this on the front page of Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    m.boards is going to be turned off at the end of the month. there is a notice about this on the front page of Boards.

What's happening then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Folks.

Check on the bottom of the page that you are clicked on mobile version and not the full site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

What's happening then?

You'll be redirected to the touch.boards site.

There's a dedicated Android app being launched shortly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

There a new app coming I put my name forward to test it back around Christmas and got selected some good new features on it.it crashed a lot for me thought

Rovi wrote: »

Ah that's the one I'm using. Hard to keep up with the times :D

naughto wrote: »
    There a new app coming I put my name forward to test it back around Christmas and got selected some good new features on it.it crashed a lot for me thought

What's the new features?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Rovi wrote: »

Will there be an apple app too or a 3rd party one ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Will there be an apple app too or a 3rd party one ??
    I don't know, to be honest.

There's a thread on the m.boards.ie situation going on in Feedback at the moment:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057209396

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

This morning I noticed a back quarter on the cow that calved yesterday hadn't been sucked so I cleaned it and strugged it to keep it right for the calf.

There are two holes (?) in the teat:confused: Doesn't look like it was ever stood on or anything, it's slightly thicker than an average teat though. Just two perfect streams of milk. Malformed from birth?
    Anyone ever seen this?

• Advertisement

Black spot?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Black spot?

Had to look that up. No it doesn't sound like that, the teat looks/feels perfectly normal. It's not scabbed or sore on her. No marks on her earlier other than a bit of mud.

uote=".Kovu.;90382406"]This morning I noticed a back quarter on the cow that calved yesterday hadn't been sucked so I cleaned it and strugged it to keep it right for the calf.

There are two holes (?) in the teat:confused: Doesn't look like it was ever stood on or anything, it's slightly thicker than an average teat though. Just two perfect streams of milk. Malformed from birth?
    Anyone ever seen this?[/quote]
    Wouldn't worry about it. Have seen milking cows like that just make sure it gets sucked by the calf.
    Will be a bit more subseptable to mastitis so watch out during the the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Had to look that up. No it doesn't sound like that, the teat looks/feels perfectly normal. It's not scabbed or sore on her. No marks on her earlier other than a bit of mud.

you have to get 5 dry tubes for her :rolleyes:

can't say i never saw it other than one than got injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

This morning I noticed a back quarter on the cow that calved yesterday hadn't been sucked so I cleaned it and strugged it to keep it right for the calf.

Anyone ever seen this?

Had jersey with similar years ago only the second hole was on the side of the teat. Never gave any hassle at any time but might be different for a suckler than a milker.

• Advertisement

dont no if i should post this as it looks like i will be getting a ban from the horse racing thread but sure fu1ck it in for a penny in for a pound
    for you kovu

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_n5jcm1Hrtl1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg

nothing to see here

dont no if i should post this as it looks like i will be getting a ban from the horse racing thread but sure fu1ck it in for a penny in for a pound
    for you kovu

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/tumblr_n5jcm1Hrtl1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg

Removed the embed for the sake of chit chat! I am no longer a redhead I'm afraid naughto. Or blue, pink or purple.

I have normal coloured hair :eek::eek:

dident realise it was so big....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,867 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

is it normal for puss to come out of section wound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

whelan2 wrote: »

Are the stitches still in?

Are the stitches still in?
    yes, asked vet today when will i take them out and she said dont bother:eek: section was done on saturday.

yes, asked vet today when will i take them out and she said dont bother:eek: section was done on saturday.

Wtf?!:eek: About 14 days, earlier if it heals quickly, puss coming from it means it's not healing great. Its not too bad if it's not stuck inside her though, dd the vet leave a wee gap at the bottom for seepage like that?

A couple of years ago we had one whose side ballooned up and burst with pus, after that she healed grand, until she had another section this year. s she eatng ok? Temperature?

The last section we had, there was puss around some of the stitches after several weeks. At this stage the wound was mostly healed so I took out the stitches and they healed over completely. I gave them a good washing at that stage too, with iodine and squirted antibiotics onto the small wound.
    Can you see if the infection looks deeply rooted?

Id say a bit of puss wouldnt be too bad . If she still has a bit of long acting antibiotic in her it should stop it getting too bad anyhow you would think .

• Advertisement

its coming out of the bottom of the wound, wound is on wrong side when she goes down the crush. Yes she is on a second bottle of noroclav, eating fine and no temp, thick as fook:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

better out than in

some vets leave a small drain hole at the bottom of the wound

its coming out of the bottom of the wound, wound is on wrong side when she goes down the crush. Yes she is on a second bottle of noroclav, eating fine and no temp, thick as fook:rolleyes:

Sounds about normal to me. Maybe chat your Vet if you're not happy.
    These C Sections are an ordeal on a cow.

Anyone got any good names for a female lim beginning with J?
    I was going to be smart and call her Juncus but it's more of a male name:pac:

julius caesar kovu

julius caesar kovu

Nah, I'm hoping to have a couple of 'K' bulls next year to sell on so Kovu can be keeping an eye on cows elsewhere:D:D

drives me mad trying to think of names too, we have to use j, t or b for our angus. i normally grab the kids football magazine or ihfa book and pick a name. Names beginning with j, jane,jessie, jezebelle, juliet, jazz.....

Jellybean or Jezebel

Two Jezebels' :P
    I suggested that earlier and I got a quare look off the father. I have a cousng getting confirmation tomorrow and I asked him. 'Jerky' like the meat he says :eek:

• Advertisement

Jazzy Lady

Jitter Bug

Joshua Mountain Miracle

Just a Flash
    j
    ust Victory

Jazzy Lady

Jitter Bug

Joshua Mountain Miracle

Just a Flash
    j
    ust Victory
    can you have a 2 word name? we cant . if you can how about jammy cow:D

can you have a 2 word name? we cant . if you can how about jammy cow:D

Jammie-Dodger :D I've never tried a double barrel name before so can't answer you there. Even looked at the lines on the Dams there for help and no use!

Janey Mac ? I like Genghis' jellybean too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Jemma or Jemima.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

http://www.behindthename.com/names/letter/j If ya can't find one there theres no hope!

• Advertisement

Jellybean is cute:) Maybe that!
    Reg'd one as Jewel the other day, the mother is Diamond so that was an easy one!

how much is it to register a calf with the lim society?

Juanita? or perhaps JesusYMaria?
    Been listening to a bit of Woodie Guthrie lately!

how much is it to register a calf with the lim society?

I honestly can't tell you. DD out of the account:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Joni
    Jordan
    Jewlap - prob spelt wrong
    or
    Jersey:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement