Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Joni
    Jordan
    Jewlap - prob spelt wrong
    or
    Jersey:D

The brothers GF is sayng 'Janna' ; Finnish name for Miriam/Mary etc. (Pronounce-; Yah-nah)

Why not, she will be here all summer so may as well entice her into farming :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Anyone got any good names for a female lim beginning with J?
    I was going to be smart and call her Juncus but it's more of a male name:pac:
    Joelina
    Jolie
    Jasmin
    Jaclyn
    Jade:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Jeyes fluid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

was there someone here had a pic last year of a cow stuck in the y of a tree, i had one yesterday, great fun getting her out. She kept pulling backwards , when we got her forward she freed herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

whelan2 wrote: »
    was there someone here had a pic last year of a cow stuck in the y of a tree, i had one yesterday, great fun getting her out. She kept pulling backwards , when we got her forward she freed herself

I remember we had that one year, had to get her standing on rocks in the end to lift her neck end:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Anyone got any good names for a female lim beginning with J?
    I was going to be smart and call her Juncus but it's more of a male name:pac:

Jodie?

cow that went down yesterday after calving is up :) hopefully she will be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Brought my jeep to the mechanics earlier to see what it need for the test. I knew my back shocks were shot but one of them was completely broken altogether! No wonder it was like driving a bouncy castle. A fine long list of parts to go into it along with that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Brought my jeep to the mechanics earlier to see what it need for the test. I knew my back shocks were shot but one of them was completely broken altogether! No wonder it was like driving a bouncy castle. A fine long list of parts to go into it along with that :(

Oh I know the feeling. Had the same with the tractor this year

Reggie. wrote: »
    Oh I know the feeling. Had the same with the tractor this year

Expensive racket, need 2 stabiliser arms at 150 each, new rear pads and discs, 2 d rubbers, a ball joint, new heater plugs, new thermostat and new fan belts along with the shocks and the usual service :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Expensive racket, need 2 stabiliser arms at 150 each, new rear pads and discs, 2 d rubbers, a ball joint, new heater plugs, new thermostat and new fan belts along with the shocks and the usual service :rolleyes:

rear ones? eye on each end? i have two of them with id say two thousand miles done as new, we could arrange something :D

simx wrote: »
    rear ones? eye on each end? i have two of them with id say two thousand miles done as new, we could arrange something :D

I have them ordered now but it's the rear ones alright. Have to go through Toyota for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

I have them ordered now but it's the rear ones alright. Have to go through Toyota for them.

yeah had to get them off toyota aswell, expensive and ridiciously simple things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

If your putting in new bushes put in poly uretain ones. Much much better and last an awful lot longer and take more hardship.
    Cost more of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Jeez, when did u do anything with it last? Will be an expensive day out .

Mine was hub seal, service, fuel pump, rear pto seal, coolant pipe, adjust the clutch and replace the two bottom bearings in the front axle. Yeezzzz

Put 300 litres of water with roundup in sprayer yesterday to spray around yard and house and stone walls on the road.
    Used the lance. Still have 200 left and no where for it to go.
    What will I do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Put 300 litres of water with roundup in sprayer yesterday to spray around yard and house and stone walls on the road.
    What will I do with it?

Stick it in a barrel with a lid!

Muckit wrote: »
    Stick it in a barrel with a lid!

And clearly mark it too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 kake

What will I do with it?

Some of the active ingredient will go out of it after 5 days when it is mixed with water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

What will I do with it?

Ask your mother does she want the lawn reseeded.... :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Starting to sound like Trigger's brush from Only Fools and Horses :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ask the local tidy towns committee if they need a bit of spraying done. Or the local clergy if they need round the church/school done. Or the local GAA/Soccer/rugby club if they need any spraying done.
    Or just go to the local golf club tonight and spray the lot!

Sprayed off a few dry drains and sprayed the fence on road way between us and neighbours barley.
    Father went crackers when he seen me do it. But then I said they'd do it to us so why shouldn't we keep our place looking tidy.
    Don't think I got any barley any way :)
    Fence was full of thistles and docks that would have spread to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

fair play to the cow
    6P4njFt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

she's not a belgian blue shirt so!

a friend of oh called there and left a bottle of red wine for oh. I left bottle on work top in kitchen, when i came back into house the rooster was in the kitchen, he knocked over bottle of wine which smashed on the floor, it splashed every where:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

naughto wrote: »
    fair play to the cow
    6P4njFt.jpg
    Some people will do anything to get in the paper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Oldtree wrote: »
    Some people will do anything to get in the paper :D

Sure dont they always claim there's no such thing as bad publicity.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

a friend of oh called there and left a bottle of red wine for oh. I left bottle on work top in kitchen, when i came back into house the rooster was in the kitchen, he knocked over bottle of wine which smashed on the floor, it splashed every where:mad:

Clever lad! He was making sure you were not having coq au vin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

naughto wrote: »
    fair play to the cow
    6P4njFt.jpg

Glad he is ok but that cow is clearly not in favour of Fine Gael canidates....

sea12 wrote: »
    Jeez, when did u do anything with it last? Will be an expensive day out .

Don't think I'll have much change out of a grand, 12 months ago now I suppose apart from changing the oil and the filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

There's definitely a song in that - " and then the rooster........"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

_Brian wrote: »
    Starting to sound like Trigger's brush from Only Fools and Horses :p

Seven new handles and ten new heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Glad to report that the bullock with the problem in the nether regions is much improved. Swelling has gone down considerably and wound is healing nicely.
    Had another bullock in the sick bay this morning with an abscess in one of his horns. He has two bits of stumpy horns and one of them is slightly split. The poor fella was in agony.
    I managed to inject peroxide mix into it a help clear out the infection. Got some Dexameth and Betamox from the vet. By lunch time he was back out grazing with his mates.
    Also Biddy the cow is back to normal although the quarter is still slightly larger than the other one. Calves are sucking it with no ill effects.
    Thanks to Whelan for the advice :)

gozunda wrote: »
    Clever lad! He was making sure you were not having coq au vin :D
    tiny little slivers of glass still on the floor oh, myself and daughter have all pulled glass out of our feet, shoes have to be worn from now on

Off for a good few bulmers. Gud luck....
    Been a long week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Off for a good few bulmers. Gud luck....
    Been a long week
    ill be hitting the sauce after a hurling match tom night, wrecked so id say i wont be much good! Lads i reseeded 12 acres 3 weeks ago on sunday coming, grass seed isnt up yet should i be worried??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

kevthegaff wrote: »
    ill be hitting the sauce after a hurling match tom night, wrecked so id say i wont be much good! Lads i reseeded 12 acres 3 weeks ago on sunday coming, grass seed isnt up yet should i be worried??

I wouldn't think so.... It'll come.. A couple of yrs ago we reseeded a field on 31st march... Nothing for about 2 months.... Some crop of stuff there today! Like I say... It'll come!

Fixed the chainsaw. Cleared out the dung from sheep sheds. Changed the sheep to different paddock. Got the turf cut this evening also. Off to a wedding tomorrow so a day on the beer. Was a georgeous evening to be at something. Had a nice cool bottle of Heineken. Now off to bed

• Advertisement

sea12 wrote: »
    Fixed the chainsaw. Cleared out the dung from sheep sheds. Changed the sheep to different paddock. Got the turf cut this evening also. Off to a wedding tomorrow so a day on the beer. Was a georgeous evening to be at something. Had a nice cool bottle of Heineken. Now off to bed

Good days work there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Base price wrote: »
    Glad to report that the bullock with the problem in the nether regions is much improved. Swelling has gone down considerably and wound is healing nicely.
    Had another bullock in the sick bay this morning with an abscess in one of his horns. He has two bits of stumpy horns and one of them is slightly split. The poor fella was in agony.

Between problems in the nether regions and abscesses on horns is any male safe about your place?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

With all the timber around after this years storms won't need to get much turf this year

I said wrote: »
    With all the timber around after this years storms won't need to get much turf this year

Ah around here everybody cuts a bit every year. It's nearly a social scene for the auld Fellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Young lads communion today , not my scene at all :mad:

moy83 wrote: »

Have two of them and a confirmation done :pac: Wait until you see the haul of money he'll collect :eek:

Have two of them and a confirmation done :pac: Wait until you see the haul of money he'll collect :eek:

He is heading to smiths after to buy a bike :D In 20 years time people definitely wont be able to say that fella still has his communion money ! He has plans to blow every cent

He is heading to smiths after to buy a bike :D In 20 years time people definitely wont be able to say that fella still has his communion money ! He has plans to blow every cent

Word of advice, bring him to a proper bike shop, Smyths bikes will melt on you.

Word of advice, bring him to a proper bike shop, Smyths bikes will melt on you.

He got two there already and they were alright , I found them pretty helpful aswell . The last time I brought him to a right shop we left with one of them go carts that left me broke !
    Herself got the other fella an electric quad out of swyths last year , he dogged it through puddles and it stopped working . She brought it back and they replaced it free I was pretty impressed with them after that .

• Advertisement

Was it your young lad that the priest told to be quiet before?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement