Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

moy83 wrote: »
    Young lads communion today , not my scene at all :mad:

Say a prayer for me ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Word of advice, bring him to a proper bike shop, Smyths bikes will melt on you.

This is good advice. A good bike shop will set him up with a bike he can't destroy, and is a bit lighter, with better gearing. I used to work in a massive Toymaster and the weight of some of those kids bikes :eek: and they get returned regular enough with any hardship.
    Get him a racer, you could have a mini Sean Kelly on your hands, and think of the exercise you'll get trying to keep up with him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Say a prayer for me ;)

Ya want more than a prayer :p maybe a mass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Young lads communion today , not my scene at all :mad:

Didn't think there were any but could that be an advantage of being a protestant!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Didn't think there were any but could that be an advantage of being a protestant!:D

Today I wish I was a protestant ! Jaysus the church is like a mart and its louder too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

No guilt, Daisy, no guilt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

I'm an atheist and I have to go to another first communion today , had ours last week.
    Couldn't believe the amount of chat going on during the mass last week.

We have the bread ate so we should be out the gap shortly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Show jumping competition with the daughter tomorrow. It's on in Pau which is 5 hours drive, so leaving now.
    Friends tell me these are the best days of my life, I'm failing to see that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

We have the bread ate so we should be out the gap shortly !

Are you posting from church:eek::eek: That's very bold moy! You'd better not be afraid of pitchforks and fire:p

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Are you posting from church:eek::eek: That's very bold moy! You'd better not be afraid of pitchforks and fire:p

He'll shortly burst into flames

td5man wrote: »
    I'm an atheist and I have to go to another first communion today , had ours last week.

Here's your brother as they say

Yup , its not too bad though the lad in front of me slept until his wife woke him to go up for the bread !

td5man wrote: »

The fathers cousin is a busy farmer , he started with no land and has built up to 400 acres . They were on about mass one day and the father said he was surprised he was still going " between lambing , calving sucklers and milking it the only right hours sleep I get in the week " he said !

I can't talk I suppose. Think they disowned me last year when I went in n shorts. All the auld ones had it as scandal cause of the tattoos.:eek:

I can't talk I suppose. Think they disowned me last year when I went in n shorts. All the auld ones had it as scandal cause of the tattoos.:eek:

Were you listening to the talk kn 4fm about tattoos during the week ?

Were you listening to the talk kn 4fm about tattoos during the week ?

No, what were they on about?

No, what were they on about?

Employers arent inclined to hire people with visible tats . I think some lad got fired after getting one somewhere .

Employers arent inclined to hire people with visible tats . I think some lad got fired after getting one somewhere .

I've never had any issue with mine, but most of them aren't in visible areas, just the one on the wrist can be seen in interviews and it's just black script so it's not exactly garish. Nearest to that is a blue bird on my elbow which is easily covered!
    I don't think you're allowed to be fired for them unless it's stipulated in your contract. Gardaí etc can't have them on show.

can they be removed?

• Advertisement

I've never had any issue with mine, but most of them aren't in visible areas, just the one on the wrist can be seen in interviews and it's just black script so it's not exactly garish. Nearest to that is a blue bird on my elbow which is easily covered!
    I don't think you're allowed to be fired for them unless it's stipulated in your contract. Gardaí etc can't have them on show.

I work for a lad that has a rake of them , funny to see them cos he is
    very prim and proper about work . Not at all what you would expect on him

can they be removed?

With laser or a cheesegrater:pac:
    I actually have one that can't be removed, it's UV ink so laser would cause the ink to do funny things to me.

With laser or a cheesegrater:pac:
    I actually have one that can't be removed, it's UV ink so laser would cause the ink to do funny things to me.
    was always thinking if you got a tattoo of your oh's name and then if you seperated it would be a constant reminder of them, iykwim

I work for a lad that has a rake of them , funny to see them cos he is
    very prim and proper about work . Not at all what you would expect on him
    are ya out of the church yet?

was always thinking if you got a tattoo of your oh's name and then if you seperated it would be a constant reminder of them, iykwim

Ah I know, I wouldn't get one of an OH of mine, maybe a family member:)

are ya out of the church yet?

Yup , long flippin mass .

The lad I was talking about had Teresa written on his arm and was wondering how to disguise it after they broke up . The boys at work were trying to convince him to write "mother " in front of it :D

The lad I was talking about had Teresa written on his arm and was wondering how to disguise it after they broke up . The boys at work were trying to convince him to write "mother " in front of it :D

Oh god. I almost spat coffee over my laptop at that!!
    Maybe he could try and find another Teresa to date. Or name a new dog of his Teresa, particularly if the ex was a right...ahem.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

can they be removed?

It's very difficult, lots of painful laser treatments and lots of time they will fade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

A young lad here about 16 got one with his gf's name on his arm. She went and got his name done too. I'd say they're going out about 3 months. Natural selection at work I suppose???

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Got the lawnmower and lawn all finished up there. Would love to head for a cycle but after 22k yesterday I got a puncture on the way home. Had done that in 48minutes too. Tempted to get a new/second hand road bike, any suggestions? Will have to have a look on DD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Meet a bird once she had tattoos on her hands 'love' and 'hat' she was missing a finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Been up on a roof all day...... scalded. Where's the aloe Vera.

I said wrote: »
    Meet a bird once she had tattoos on her hands 'love' and 'hat' she was missing a finger

Maybe she was a milliner :D

The fridge is the only place for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Maybe she was a milliner :D

That's the best reply I've read to anything in a good while:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Probably be the same if there was none.
    Pure jealosy. As OH says if you have it flaunt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭naughto

Its being g pissing rain here all day

naughto wrote: »
    Its being g pissing rain here all day

We are supposed to get it tomorrow. My dad put out 50,000 gals on the silage ground that was just cut in anticipation

We are supposed to get it tomorrow. My dad put out 50,000 gals on the silage ground that was just cut in anticipation

That was a good days work , what sized tanker ?

• Advertisement

That was a good days work , what sized tanker ?

1800gals. He started at 7:30...... you'd think he'd have more sense, he was 70 last month. At least he left me work away at dismantling the roof

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Damo810 wrote: »
    Got the lawnmower and lawn all finished up there. Would love to head for a cycle but after 22k yesterday I got a puncture on the way home. Had done that in 48minutes too. Tempted to get a new/second hand road bike, any suggestions? Will have to have a look on DD.

100% get a road bike, makes everything easier, and really bullet proof tires, like Schwalbe Marathon's or Gatorskins. Re new bike, the cycling forum has about a million new bike threads to look up:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410. Depends on what you want to do, where etc.
    I would say get a second hand bike to start with and see if you get into it and you can upgrade then. Warning: It gets really addictive, you won't find it till you're doing serious mileage and speed. Have you though about doing a sportive at the end of the summer? Something to aim and train for maybe?
    You can't beat a good pedal of an evening. Clears the mind heading out for a few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

1800gals. He started at 7:30...... you'd think he'd have more sense, he was 70 last month. At least he left me work away at dismantling the roof

Fair fcuks to him at that age. Most lads wouldn't be able to stick a tractor that long.
    My father is 64 now and can't stack silage any more with his knee

Fair fcuks to him at that age. Most lads wouldn't be able to stick a tractor that long.
    My father is 64 now and can't stack silage any more with his knee

My father got his knee replaced just over a year ago. He hasn't looked back since. The hip was replaced about 7 years ago too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

My father got his knee replaced just over a year ago. He hasn't looked back since. The hip was replaced about 7 years ago too.

Dad got both hips done, he wil b a hell of a lot better when hes over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Dad got both hips done, he wil b a hell of a lot better when hes over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

How did the knee work out for him Darragh? Interested in this, my ould lad had his hip replaced must be 9 or 10 years ago. He's fierce bad knees but put off on the op by another man who had fairly big problems, didn't help hip surgeon told him at the time the knee op wasn't as successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Mine got one of his done around 7 years ago and it was such a bad job that he won't get the other one done. I know from your posts that it doesn't apply with your father but mine reckons you'd want to be almost stopping work for them to work i.e. that they're not able for any punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Father isn't at that stage yet but can't bake for a whole day with other tractor. Should be fine now with new with a softer clutch.
    He crashed a motorbike yrs ago and fecked up his knee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I said wrote: »
    She could have lost the 'h' finger. Would have been embarassing if she was a bit on the heavy side. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement