Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Reggie. wrote: »
    Imagine the back pain

Imagine the fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    ah you get used to it:o

Lol :D

I said wrote: »
    Imagine the fun

I'd say the fun would come out of it pretty quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Rovi wrote: »
    Absolutely!
    'Most' people are perfectly sensible and post away using common sense and discretion.

However, some people appear to think that this place is exactly the same as having a private chat with their like-minded colleagues, where they can natter away about stuff that they'd never speak of in the presence of strangers or persons in positions of authority/officialdom.
    The reality, as most of us know and understand, is that this place is composed almost entirely of 'strangers', with a fair smattering of Official Ireland, the media, and who knows who else listening in.

Its when you go to Boards "Home" page, and every new post scrolls up, that some amazing post topics can catch your eye. Now mostly its something from "After Hours" but from time to time a farming topic can jump out at you, and must certainly do so for non agri. folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Got cattle bolus done today.. Mighty handy system..

Local Mayo Healthcare rep loaned us the bolus gun and also happy to split a box of bolus so you only buy what you need.. Very decent. €5.75 a piece for Allsure bolus with Copper, Selinium, Iodine & Cobalt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

_Brian wrote: »
    Got cattle bolus done today.. Mighty handy system..

Local Mayo Healthcare rep loaned us the bolus gun and also happy to split a box of bolus so you only buy what you need.. Very decent. €5.75 a piece for Allsure bolus with Copper, Selinium, Iodine & Cobalt.

thought All Sure was an Animax bolus, did mayo start doing one as well ?

knew they done All Guard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

In relation to the angleberry thread, what I don't understand fully is this:
    The thread rumbled along as they do, some crazy stuff was posted and Modded (rightly so) . It sat there from last week to be re-awakened in a matter of speaking, by two reasonable posts.
    Are we to take it that one or other of these posts was deemed enough to merit the thread being locked? Nothing out of the ordinary occurred between the mod edit last week and the two recent posts?

Some one probably dropped a line to the Boards "now we're listening" "get in contact " team, reporting the thread. Just looking at the "Prison" section can be interesting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Some one probably dropped a line to the Boards "now we're listening" "get in contact " team, reporting the thread. Just looking at the "Prison" section can be interesting.....
    I have a look at it from time to time. My sympathies to the Mods who look after it. Some pure bull s...e posted on it.

jt65 wrote: »
    thought All Sure was an Animax bolus, did mayo start doing one as well ?

knew they done All Guard
    Oops.. mixed names up :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Great to see Athletico Madrid ahead in soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Just stuck on Winning Streak or whatever it's called.
    Yerwain has a weird shaped dress on and Dad gawks at the tv for a second
    "What the hell has she on her, it looks like she got a chunk ripped out of it going over barbed wire" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have two late calvers as bull went astray two years ago,both cows have been out on limited grass for last fortnight,a fine big SH cow went to calve today at 11am,had hump on back for an hour and no sign of water bag so got neighbour and handled her...calf coming ok......took the biggest Ch bull calf I've ever seen from her,cow not abused but can't get up.,hopefully will in time,took 3 men to lift calf into wheelbarrow to move cow into a straw bedded shed,have calf away from her I case she would fall on him,he's ok....is half reared!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

.Kovu. wrote: »
    "What the hell has she on her, it looks like she got a chunk ripped out of it going over barbed wire" :D

Heard a good one the other day. Dont know if its true or not.

But a young one walked into a small local bar in the west, wearing a black pvc boob tube and a skimpy black pvc skirt.

Two elderly farmers were drinking together and one lads says "begod the lad that wrapped her missed a fair bit."

In relation to the angleberry thread, what I don't understand fully is this:
    The thread rumbled along as they do, some crazy stuff was posted and Modded (rightly so) . It sat there from last week to be re-awakened in a matter of speaking, by two reasonable posts.
    Are we to take it that one or other of these posts was deemed enough to merit the thread being locked? Nothing out of the ordinary occurred between the mod edit last week and the two recent posts?

Pretty much what Nek said below you. It had returned to the front of the F&F thread page again and then two posts were reported on it.

As you can well imagine, a reported post means that someone is not happy with the content. While we mods are trying to allow what we can, it is difficult to keep certain content without leaving parts completely out of context behind. And as Rovi mentioned above, can we try to keep questionable veterinary practices out of the line of discussion. Numerous times I've mentioned doing something in farming (that would be totally innocuous to most of the posters here) to mates of mine from non farmng backgrounds only to find that I've totally disgusted them or else I have a whole new topic to explain.:pac:

As you can well imagine, a reported post means that someone is not happy with the content. Numerous times I've mentioned doing something in farming (that would be totally innocuous to most of the posters here) to mates of mine from non farmng backgrounds only to find that I've totally disgusted them or else I have a whole new topic to explain.:pac:

Suppose no chance of a video about castrating pigs, then?:D

I'm tempted to take a look only I'd cause a mutiny here :-)

Suppose no chance of a video about castrating pigs, then?:D

Can I be one doing it and may I see a show of hands to practice on? :cool:

Probably some sick people on here might just volunteer.......:O

As you can well imagine, a reported post means that someone is not happy with the content.

So was the thread locked because of the last two innocuous posts, which were reported?
    I don't see why anyone would report them.

The thread was already under control and heavily Modded, again rightly so, with some of the stuff posted. But the last two posts being reported don't make sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Lad in shop today told me that his wife had brought the kids to Dublin to see "yon wrong direction"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

So was the thread locked because of the last two innocuous posts, which were reported?
    I don't see why anyone would report them.

The thread was already under control and heavily Modded, again rightly so, with some of the stuff posted. But the last two posts being reported don't make sense to me.

The last two posts were not reported, nor was it the content of the last two posts that promped the closure of the thread.

As mentioned earlier please think about using a general guideline for now (along the lines) of: "Would you do it with a Department of Agriculture Veterinary Inspector watching you, or would you write it down in your Veterinary Remedies Record?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Fecking fuse after blown here. All sockets on house gone. In middle of watching champions league.

Lights all working and cooker ok. Fuse keeps tripping. Whatca night for no TV

sea12 wrote: »
    Fecking fuse after blown here. All sockets on house gone. In middle of watching champions league.

Lights all working and cooker ok. Fuse keeps tripping. Whatca night for no TV
    Your computer is still working so have a look online for it.

Oldtree wrote: »
    The last two posts were not reported, nor was it the content of the last two posts that promped the closure of the thread.

As mentioned earlier please think about using a general guideline for now (along the lines) of: "Would you do it with a Department of Agriculture Veterinary Inspector watching you, or would you write it down in your Veterinary Remedies Record?"

I've no problem adhering to a general guideline as above, in fact I usually do, (excusing the very odd brainfart!) As do the majority of posters.

However I'm still at a loss to know why 2 straightforward posts would result in the locking of a thread that was brought completely under control, sat there for a week or so and then got locked?
    Is this what we want? Threads locked at the sniff of trouble.

That's all I'm saying on the subject. I've invested enough time thinking about it of a Sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

If this worked it could be a decent place for farmers. Remember Whelan saying more things like this should be done online..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/512723592166907/

Edit: It's a discussion group from Teagasc, for those of you not on Facebook.

Oldtree wrote: »
    Your computer is still working so have a look online for it.

Well I was on the smartphone through 3G. It was the fuse in the time for the heating. Just turned it on and see real winning 2v 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭case 956

brought both sett of parents for a meal tonight and announced to both parents that they be grandparents in early December, the excitement is unreal and ow I going for pints while she sups fizzy orange

sea12 wrote: »
    Well I was on the smartphone through 3G. It was the fuse in the time for the heating. Just turned it on and see real winning 2v 1

:D bearly have moblie coverage here so that didnt occur to me. Only for the 3 national bband I'd be in an internet wasteland.

• Advertisement

case 956 wrote: »
    brought both sett of parents for a meal tonight and announced to both parents that they be grandparents in early December, the excitement is unreal and ow I going for pints while she sups fizzy orange

Congrats case. Enjoy Ure few pints now while you can!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Ye organised that badly :D what about the cows. You'll have your hands full :) congrats man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Congrats mrs and mr case956,great times ahead and you've a taxi on tap for next few months!!!

Ye organised that badly :D what about the cows. You'll have your hands full :) congrats man

mother said she cant imagine me doing night feeding so I came up eith a soltio of having a teat bucket on end of cot at night, got a right slap from herself for saying that

Great stuff. Congratulations. Keep herself away from that fizzy orange, ya don't want a young un coming out Tango'd :-)

Good stuff case. Is it your first

• Advertisement

mother said she cant imagine me doing night feeding so I came up eith a soltio of having a teat bucket on end of cot at night, got a right slap from herself for saying that

Oh I've tried all the gimmicks to get out of them but to no avail. The night feeds only last around 14 weeks anyways so you ll be grand

Good stuff case. Is it your first

ye this is my 1st reggie, be looking for advice next December :o

Ah sure you'll be grand. Just when ya go to the prenatal classes don't say it's the same as calving a cow....... the women apparently don't like that :D

Some free advice. Stay at the head end.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Same as a calf get it sucking the mother as fast as possible.

• Advertisement

What did I just say :D

Some free advice. Stay at the head end.:D

No bad advice there as your within arms reach :(
    The girlie's get a sudden urge to choke the bejasus out of you

This is the best advice a man can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Congrats Case, great news.

Night feeds and all, you'll have no greater happiness :) enoy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

Ah sure you'll be grand. Just when ya go to the prenatal classes don't say it's the same as calving a cow....... the women apparently don't like that :D

Who would've thought it. That must be where I'm going wrong with women.

Who would've thought it. That must be where I'm going wrong with women.

Oh I found out the hard way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

brilliant, my brother and his wife announced last weekend that they are also expecting in early December, exciting times ahead

The Mrs and eldest lass are just off to One direction concert. Has anyone been yet ??

Me and the younger lass are heading to the Postman Pat movie later. I'm much happier seeing PostmanPat rather than sitting in a cold Croke Park listening to 80,000 screaming kids.

_Brian wrote: »
    The Mrs and eldest lass are just off to One direction concert. Has anyone been yet ??

Me and the younger lass are heading to the Postman Pat movie later. I'm much happier seeing PostmanPat rather than sitting in a cold Croke Park listening to 80,000 screaming kids.
    Couldn't agree more. Bit of peace in the film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

the good auld "huffy puffy" classes :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement