Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

C0N0R wrote: »
    Going doing some spraying round the house with roundup biactive. Knapsack holds about 20 liters how much roundup should I throw in? Instructions are gone!

A mugful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Going doing some spraying round the house with roundup biactive. Knapsack holds about 20 liters how much roundup should I throw in? Instructions are gone!

This should help, it does depend on the weeds you have.
    ukgKt8ml.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

jay gatsby wrote: »
    A mugful

Which mug?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Which mug?

I suppose as we have a thread on farm accidents elsewhere i should state that it should be a dedicated spray mug which should be thoroughly washed, marked as chemical container and stored in a chemical lockup at all times.

Apologies I did not quote the exact measurement from the Roundup book of measurements, rough guide only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Ah its mostly grass growing up through the gravel, went with about 400ml I think. Hope it kills it now! Will see in ten days I guess. Ya wouldn't be long going through roundup if ya had a bit to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Ah its mostly grass growing up through the gravel, went with about 400ml I think. Hope it kills it now! Will see in ten days I guess. Ya wouldn't be long going through roundup if ya had a bit to do.

400ml?? Bit strong I'd say. I put 2.5 l in 300 l of water two weeks ago and everything I sprayed is as black as turf now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Too late now I'd say but half a mug is the measure

Reggie. wrote: »
    Too late now I'd say but half a mug is the measure

Going by kovu's guide I should be using 500ml! Found another container and it was giving figures like that to, I always used 200ml im 15l but not sure if it was roundup or what.

Going by kovu's guide I should be using 500ml! Found another container and it was giving figures like that to, I always used 200ml im 15l but not sure if it was roundup or what.

Well I just got it from here- http://www.monsanto-ag.co.uk/publications/RPB_rate_guide_hand_held_sprayers_2011.pdf

.Kovu. wrote: »

Id never question a mod so I took it to be gospel ;-)

• Advertisement

Id never question a mod so I took it to be gospel ;-)

Fcuk, you can question me all you like.

It's when I comment in bold that you need to be careful:D
    Any other time it's same old daft me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

bought a jug in tesco- was 29c- put a mark in permanent marker on the side of how much round up goes in the full knapsack, very handy

whelan2 wrote: »
    bought a jug in tesco- was 29c- put a mark in permanent marker on the side of how much round up goes in the full knapsack, very handy

How far up the jug have you marked!

How far up the jug have you marked!
    it depends on the size of the jug:rolleyes:, i went back and bought a few more, have another one for grazon, have the jugs tied on to the spray container, hate having to read through the label to find out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Fcuk, you can question me all you like.

It's when I comment in bold that you need to be careful:D
    Any other time it's same old daft me.

so a jugs what size would you
    i better not got a two week ban from the horse racing thread for an argumnet with a mod

naughto wrote: »
    so a jugs what size would you
    i better not got a two week ban from the horse racing thread for an argumnet with a mod

Did ye ever hear about wonderbras naughto?

Take it off and you wonder where they went.:D

there a great yoke when in the pub some dissapointment if your taking them off some young one later that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Pics or GTFO :-)

Pics or GTFO :-)

Looking great in front so I am.

:rolleyes:;):eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nicely built horse.....

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Peat bog the size of England discovered!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057217980

And as a poster notes, Ming only elected yesterday!

Perfect timing, I have a 10X6 with turf creels for sale!

Damo810 wrote: »
    Perfect timing, I have a 10X6 with turf creels for sale!

You want a 13x8 with creels

Freaky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Kovu you look great from every angle !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Only problem with round-up is that it has no residual effect. Last year I put 1 litre of Premazon 57 in 300 litre sprayer (approx) with 5 litres of round up. No weeds for rest of year. Says on premazon bottle that needs to be mixed with round up type product to be work right.

• Advertisement

You want a 13x8 with creels

I love to see ya try getting in and out of the bogs around here with a 13X8! Drains either side of a road thats about as wide as the tractor at times.

Damo810 wrote: »
    I love to see ya try getting in and out of the bogs around here with a 13X8! Drains either side of a road thats about as wide as the tractor at times.

Horse on damo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

there a great yoke when in the pub some dissapointment if your taking them off some young one later that night

You didn't complain at the time:o

Freaky!!

My cow wooing has worked Genghis, have 3 for AI in the morning :eek:

What were ya doing to them :D

• Advertisement

What were ya doing to them :D

Serenading them, giving them bunches of ivy, telling them I loved their earrings and that they their bums didn't look big in that colour of hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Serenading them, giving them bunches of ivy, telling them I loved their earrings and that they their bums didn't look big in that colour of hair.

Would this be a bad time to reopen the ANGLEBERRY thread?:D

The father always claimed that a big branch of Ivy, preferably when covered in berries, would clear them up.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Would this be a bad time to reopen the ANGLEBERRY thread?:D

The father always claimed that a big branch of Ivy, preferably when covered in berries, would clear them up.

Don't you dare :pac:

Have ya bulls picked? ERE again?

Have ya bulls picked? ERE again?

OSI, ZEN & S1219 :cool:

I don't remember taking yours off????

Too much drink was it :D

Just chatting to the AI man there and he told me a story that happened earlier this year.

He went out for a call to some house and A.I.ed the cow,grand stuff. There was a young lad of about 4yrs old at the yard watching all and he asked for one of the long gloves. So he gives him a glove and an empty straw and the young fella went off happy as anything with his new toys.
    After a while the lad couldn't be found and they go in search of him, then hear a racket coming from the sitting room.
    The boy had the cat up on the couch, cushion on top of her and his knee holding it down, poking away with the straw:D:D:D:D

Just chatting to the AI man there and he told me a story that happened earlier this year.

He went out for a call to some house and A.I.ed the cow,grand stuff. There was a young lad of about 4yrs old at the yard watching all and he asked for one of the long gloves. So he gives him a glove and an empty straw and the young fella went off happy as anything with his new toys.
    After a while the lad couldn't be found and they go in search of him, then hear a racket coming from the sitting room.
    The boy had the cat up on the couch, cushion on top of her and his knee holding it down, poking away with the straw:D:D:D:D

They'll need the jack for that one if she holds! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Could be a caesarean!!

Hahhaha. I had to take the horse in as well as he was in the field on the way to the shed.

A.I man spots the horse on the slats "Oh I see you got into the equine business Karen. Are you hoping to breed from her? I did a couple of mares with A.I. before"

Me- "I doubt he'd be too pleased about it but sure you can give him a go after the cows:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Thanks for the laugh K. Not a happy camper today. Stuck in an office looking out at blue skies and just dreaming of all that I could be doing at home!
    Must do the lotto!!!

Parishlad wrote: »
    Thanks for the laugh K. Not a happy camper today. Stuck in an office looking out at blue skies and just dreaming of all that I could be doing at home!
    Must do the lotto!!!

Just remember you ain't the only one in that boat

Just remember you ain't the only one in that boat

Yup, I'm back inside studying. But at least I can go outside and do that soon.

Must do the lotto!!!
    isnt it 11 million tonight, that would do nicely

I'd be happy with half a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

What would ye need that for, aren't ye making " on average " €64k per year!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

I'd be happy with half a million

20 of us chipped in a couple of euro each this morning so WHEN :D we win tonight we'd stand to collect just over half a mill.......it sure would do nicely!

• Advertisement

20 of us chipped in a couple of euro each this morning so WHEN :D we win tonight we'd stand to collect just over half a mill.......it sure would do nicely!
    ye half a million would be nice, 11 would be too much... not asking for much am i.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement