Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

sheebadog wrote: »
    What would ye need that for, aren't ye making " on average " €64k per year!

Are farmers supposed to be making 64,000 a year!!!! Average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Where am I going wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

The dairy lads/lassies are....they are all minted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Parishlad wrote: »
    Thanks for the laugh K. Not a happy camper today. Stuck in an office looking out at blue skies and just dreaming of all that I could be doing at home!
    Must do the lotto!!!

Yep me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

sheebadog wrote: »
    What would ye need that for, aren't ye making " on average " €64k per year!
    AVERAGE!!!!!! i would have been well below average last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

whelan2 wrote: »
    AVERAGE!!!!!! i would have been well below average last year.

Sure, aren't you milking a fine bawn of cows!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Thanks for the laugh K. Not a happy camper today. Stuck in an office looking out at blue skies and just dreaming of all that I could be doing at home!
    Must do the lotto!!!

Managing to dodge that bullet myself today but I feel your pain. I'm not in the office but I'm not at home either.
    Still, lots of wet weeks that the weekly wage is a godsend.

_Brian wrote: »
    Managing to dodge that bullet myself today but I feel your pain. I'm not in the office but I'm not at home either.
    Still, lots of wet weeks that the weekly wage is a godsend.

That's true alright. The wage is what it's all about. Keep telling myself though that I will be able to 'retire' early and spend my last few years doing what I really enjoy! It's a good few years away yet though....

That's true alright. The wage is what it's all about. Keep telling myself though that I will be able to 'retire' early and spend my last few years doing what I really enjoy! It's a good few years away yet though....
    not if ya win the lotto tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

i dont understan how ye can say half a million would do in this day in age.
    with so many going in to dairy and the cost off all that crap.
    i dont think you would be able to retire on half a million with mortage,new wellies for the wife ,kids college all the stuff.
    any ways iam winning the 11million to night no point ye doing it

• Advertisement

I often wondered if I ever did win a ton of money in the lotto and was able to spend whatever i wanted on the farm to get it in tip top shape, e.g. land improvements/new land, stock, machinery, sheds etc., would i feel like I had cheated by not having done it the hard way - scrimping and saving, pulling and dragging, stressing and worrying - and then i think to myself.......cop the fcuk on!:)

naughto wrote: »
    i dont think you would be able to retire on half a million with mortage,new wellies for the wife ,kids college all the stuff.

I'm not looking to retire just be comfortable

woman that use to clean the house for me won a million on the lotto a few years ago. She was living in a council estate when she won, she bought a house, gave each of her 7 kids 50,000 each and blew the rest. Shes back working now but she enjoyed every bit of it. She still plays the lotto

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'm not looking to retire just be comfortable
    i dont no id retire at 33and half if i could,why not we will all be dead long enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Ten gallon hat,convertible car,five or six strippers in the car drive into work and tell them to shove the job.If only

woman that use to clean the house for me won a million on the lotto a few years ago. She was living in a council estate when she won, she bought a house, gave each of her 7 kids 50,000 each and blew the rest. Shes back working now but she enjoyed every bit of it. She still plays the lotto
    is she back cleaning for you?
    why did that woman not get a good accountant like the fella that posts on here(cant think of his name)and learn how to make the money work for here like putting so much into a high risk catagory you take the chance of getting burned but you also get a lot if it works out

why did that woman not get a good accountant like the fella that posts on here(cant think of his name)and learn how to make the money work for here like putting so much into a high risk catagory you take the chance of getting burned but you also get a lot if it works out
    no not cleaning for me but doing other work. She never ever had money in her life and this was a windfall. She enjoyed herself , got married, looked after her kids went on holidays,bought a house bought a car. I wonder if she won again what would she do differently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

A fella about 20 miles for me won over 6 million a good few years ago. He got a good accountant and he now has just over €150,000.

A fella about 20 miles for me won over 6 million a good few years ago. He got a good accountant and he now has just over €150,000.

BOI shares and property.....it's a sure thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I said wrote: »
    Ten gallon hat,convertible car,five or six strippers in the car drive into work and tell them to shove the job.If only

Them ould stripper cows would make a hell of a mess of your convertible's seats. Far better with a few sheep, easier swept up after!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Them ould stripper cows would make a hell of a mess of your convertible's seats. Far better with a few sheep, easier swept up after!

You should get out more what do ya be doing to them poor animals

Property bubble no doubt.the interest alone on 6million must be huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Just FYI Politics.ie have an ongoing farrming thread about subsidies, doesn't make nice reading though!

Just FYI Politics.ie have an ongoing farrming thread about subsidies, doesn't make nice reading though!

In fIrness the problem is the lads getting telephone number payments. How this can be defended is shameful. I can well appreciate that people see this as a pure handout in multiple thousands to businesses.
    Ordinary joe shmow has no idea the state of farming and so it's easy to get them roiled up about payments.
    It's very hard to get the public to sympathise with poor beef prices and low farm incomes when they think were all getting a bonanza lotto win every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

bricks and mortar, a solid investment :rolleyes:

_Brian wrote: »
    In fIrness the problem is the lads getting telephone number payments. How this can be defended is shameful. I can well appreciate that people see this as a pure handout in multiple thousands to businesses.
    Ordinary joe shmow has no idea the state of farming and so it's easy to get them roiled up about payments.
    It's very hard to get the public to sympathise with poor beef prices and low farm incomes when they think were all getting a bonanza lotto win every year.

I completely agree. There's also a lack of recognition (and payment) of the production of public goods, versus the kilo of this or litre of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

I bet ya his accountants last name was Lynch!! :D

Did he start farming and make a small fortune out of it?

57.2Km cycled today, went through the big holy city that is Knock :pac: 160Km cycled over the last 3 days, time to get a proper bike though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Damo810 wrote: »
    57.2Km cycled today, went through the big holy city that is Knock :pac: 160Km cycled over the last 3 days, time to get a proper bike though :(

Well done. The stabilizers make it hard goin:D

i didnt win the lotto:mad:

yb_page_355_image_0001.jpg

Especially when they get stuck in all them potholes! Of, which there are many!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Damo810 wrote: »
    Especially when they get stuck in all them potholes! Of, which there are many!!

Were Ya on your own? That's good goin for 3 days. A good bike and you'll be flying. Fair play to ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Fcuk them con same old p.ie circle jerk.

• Advertisement

Fcuk them con same old p.ie circle jerk.

Oh I know.

There's a part of me hoping for some strange things. Like the existence of an afterlife, so I can see how the descendents of these people get on with other countries holding them to food ransome in the future and how they deal with the annual massive wildfires due to undergrazing.

As they say, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Oh I know.

There's a part of me hoping for some strange things. Like the existence of an afterlife, so I can see how the descendents of these people get on with other countries holding them to food ransome in the future and how they deal with the annual massive wildfires due to undergrazing.

Jaysus Con , thats some thinking :D

moy83 wrote: »

He's hardly bitter :D

one shagging number is all i had so much for retiring b 4 iam 34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Oh I know.

Easy having all the answers when you are coming from a well fed position, with a masters in Politics or Economics under your belt and a job in the CS. A week without food deliveries to the shops would see this country in chaos. Even worse than a week without dole payments.(why do you think Bank of Ireland could not be allowed fail?)
    Imagine a new superbug that loves to eat BioDiesel, rendering all modern diesel engines useless? Anyone living more than walking distance from a farm would die off in a few weeks. Most tillage farmers would as well, as it hard to survive eating emerging wheat's or barley. I am considering applying for an increase in the max. limit of ammo I can hold, gonna be like the end of "300" at our yard gate.:mad:

• Advertisement

Oh I know.

You know what will happen.
    When all the proper farms are gone and only factory farms exist. They'll say that the huge SFP made farmers lazy and they retired to spend their accrued payments.

moy83 wrote: »
    He's hardly bitter :D

Funny, twas said to me tonight in relation to another subject "....by Jesus that's a sign of real badness in a fella".

Only when it's earned :D

one shagging number is all i had so much for retiring b 4 iam 34
    there was no winner so theres still hope

there was no winner so theres still hope

Ye may all forget about it as I'm gonna scoop it :D

Ye may all forget about it as I'm gonna scoop it :D
    you can have the lotto1 and lotto 2 the main prize has my name on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Didn't win either. Again......

It wasn't my fault. I picked the right numbers.

It was the lotto crowd that picked the wrong ones.:D

Didn't win either. Again......

It wasn't my fault. I picked the right numbers.
    It was the lotto crowd that picked the[B[wrong/B] ones.:D
    hopefully they will pick the right ones on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

hopefully they will pick the right ones on saturday

You mean I'll have to do the lotto on Saturday as well. Ah fcuk that. They got their chance and they didnt take it.

you can have the lotto1 and lotto 2 the main prize has my name on it

We ll see about that :p

Back in work again today.....says it all! Don't think it was won at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement