Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Reggie. wrote: »
    The FIL does arm me with one. I just move silage around aimlessly to please him. It's a dark art I tells ye

ud want to tell him u married his daughter not the fork

unless of course he is leaving u the ranch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Just after doing a 3 mile (might be generous to my stamina there) jog this morning. I don't know if I have an illness bit as one boardie here is called "exercise is the antidote"

Ps. I would be 3 or 4 stone frpm being an athletic build

its sets you up nicely for the day, cut back on the tae and sugar and plenty of water and sex and the wight will drop off ya;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

ud want to tell him u married his daughter not the fork

unless of course he is leaving u the ranch

:rolleyes:

whelan2 wrote: »
    i didnt win the lotto:mad:

Don't read this whelan :D
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057220337/1/#post90616215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

its sets you up nicely for the day, cut back on the tae and sugar and plenty of water and sex and the wight will drop off ya;)

Never drank tae or coffee. And herself wants more kids asap. So im sorted for a few of those pieces of advice :-D

Never drank tae or coffee. And herself wamts more kids asap. So im sort for a few of thosee pieces of advice :-D

Get stuck in there darragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

eldest lads last day in first year today, that year flew. Plenty of work lined up for him here over the holidays

Poor young fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

ABlur wrote: »
    With all the modern silage making equipment, would you still get lads with forks above on the pit?

Not till the grass is finished coming in, then few minutes to tidy up along the top of wall. Pit is no place for anyone on foot when grass is coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Just watching a lad here in housing estate...... pulling a full barrow behind him .... permission to give him a kick in the hole?

Muckit wrote: »
    Just watching a lad here in housing estate...... pulling a full barrow behind him .... permission to give him a kick in the hole?

Go for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Will the barrow not get in the way? Maybe he's using it for protection from your size 11s :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

So long as he isn't asking you to push it leave him off whatever way he likes

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Will the barrow not get in the way?

Yes!! Because he's using it wrong! That and a lad pulling a yard brush behind them drives me soft!

moy83 wrote: »
    So long as he isn't asking you to push it leave him off whatever way he likes

I nearly would to show him how to use it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yes!! Because he's using it wrong! That and a lad pulling a yard brush behind them drives me soft!

Old trick with person pushing full wheelbarrow is to wave dramatically at them from a distance - the automatic response of the said wheelbarrow pusher is to wave back - wheelbarrow tips over - evil I knew but smart people only do it once :D

You haven't pushed enough barrows to stop yourself caring how anyone else does it . If I saw a lad carrying a loaded barrow on his head I wouldnt care ........ so long as he wasn't working for me and taking too long to bring me stuff !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

moy83 wrote: »
    You haven't pushed enough barrows to stop yourself caring how anyone else does it . If I saw a lad carrying a loaded barrow on his head I wouldnt care ........ so long as he wasn't working for me and taking too long to bring me stuff !

Especially when youve wheeled a couple of lorry loads of readymix through a house. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I'm reminded about the story of the lad getting fired from the buildings cos he complained that there was a squeek from the barrow.
    The boss asked him how did it sound and he says SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK.

Yeah, Fired siad the boss, it's supposed to go:
    SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK :)

I'm reminded about the story of the lad getting fired from the buildings cos he complained that there was a squeek from the barrow.
    The boss asked him how did it sound and he says SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK
    SQUEEK.

Yeah, Fired siad the boss, it's supposed to go:
    SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK :)
    Hard to do it through text but its a good one

• Advertisement

:eek::eek:
    PHRASING!!!

Wouldn't it be worse if a lad using a brush wrong turned me on!

Wouldn't it be worse if a lad using a brush wrong turned me on!

Ye lads from the west are a different breed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

14307321114_601bed51e9_n.jpg

Lovely evening here.. patches of blue sky visible earlier and mild too..
    Got a quick chance to give the caravan and jeep a little wash ready for the off in the morning.. Bit of soap and elbow grease goes a long way..

Heading for the mourn mountains area, nice quick jaunt from here..

_Brian wrote: »

Send us a postcard! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Send us a postcard! :D

Jesus... every time I look at your location I just see "Avoiding the swallow".. :o

• Advertisement

Jesus... every time I look at your location I just see "Avoiding the swallow".. :o

Oh ffs. I never noticed that:o:o

Right, I'm moving again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Eventually got the knapsack out this evening and sprayed the weeds around the garden/hedges some of the driveway to the yard. I wish I had one of those small sprayers that you see on quads as my left arm is aching. I filled the knapsack 7 times. Always amazes me that it never seems to get lighter until it is empty :confused:

There was lafs on abput zero grazers and the loke over the last few days...... no need of them ;-)

There was lafs on abput zero grazers and the loke over the last few days...... no need of them ;-)

What are ya at there?! Unreal scenery!

There was lads on about zero grazers and the like over the last few days...... no need of them ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

There was lads on about zero grazers and the like over the last few days...... no need of them ;-)

Burst bale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Base price wrote: »
    Eventually got the knapsack out this evening and sprayed the weeds around the garden/hedges some of the driveway to the yard. I wish I had one of those small sprayers that you see on quads as my left arm is aching. I filled the knapsack 7 times. Always amazes me that it never seems to get lighter until it is empty :confused:

I picked up a small 37l quad sprayer (only paid 100quid for it), makes spot spraying a million times easier. I did 2 3acre paddocks in about 1/2hour this morning with it, the aim is to keep following the cows with it, just about keeping on top of weeds at the minute, they are flying it with the strong growth and high nitrogen use. I'll never go back to a knapsack.I'd consider upgrading to maybe a 100l sprayer with a better pump and bigger lance, but that's more because I do use the quad sprayer for all the grazing block.

Burst bale?

No. Pushed about 80ft of a swarth up into a heap, (repeat 12 times) then my dad had the silage fork on the 50b and took it away to the pit that was made a week and a half ago. The pit sank at the back wall and was holding water so opening 15ft of the the pit a threw in 12 forks of grass on and packed it. Covered again.
    About 5 acres of paddocks left to bale tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Great minds must think alike, doing similar here as the grass in the calves paddock is going strong and buckrake into 20 calves still the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

savage pic, looks lovely there too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

14307321114_601bed51e9_n.jpg

Lovely evening here.. patches of blue sky visible earlier and mild too..
    Got a quick chance to give the caravan and jeep a little wash ready for the off in the morning.. Bit of soap and elbow grease goes a long way..

"Ted, Ted, look at that caravan, it's massive"
    Did you bring the travel scrabble :D

Enjoy yourselves. Hope the weather holds up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

love that song damien dempsey ; your pretty smile, savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

I just love west Cork.

Just rescued a shrew from the cat here who was just teasing the poor wee thing. Only to have him run up my sleeve:eek:

Wouldn't come down it again so had to take my top off in case he bit me. Fcuk sake!:o

• Advertisement

Just rescued a shrew from the cat here who was just teasing the poor wee thing. Only to have him run up my sleeve:eek:

Wouldn't come down it again so had to take my top off in case he bit me. Fcuk sake!:o

Flashing now are we

Reggie. wrote: »
    Flashing now are we

Save the shrews. Flash the neighbours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Finished. Off to clean myself up and head to a 21st. Should be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

sheebadog wrote: »
    I just love west Cork.

We're a quare breed thats for sure. ....

going to a hen party in dublin tomorrow night, would prefer to take maggots out individually from a sheeps fleece

going to a hen party in dublin tomorrow night, would prefer to take maggots out individually from a sheeps fleece

Take notes from the travelling bull thread before you venture out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Ah wait til u get a couple of drinks into and you'll be flying.

Dublin great spot to go out in.

• Advertisement

sea12 wrote: »
    Ah wait til u get a couple of drinks into and you'll be flying.

Dublin great spot to go out in.
    its the actual getting there thats the problem, one sister wants me to go on the beer with her beforehand:D the other wants me to go with her on train to arrive just for meal.. i would love to say i have a cow calving but theres none

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement