Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

After spending 15mins watching a big fireworks display over in Lough Rynn. That place does some wedding business now after O'Driscoll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

whelan2 wrote: »
    its the actual getting there thats the problem, one sister wants me to go on the beer with her beforehand:D the other wants me to go with her on train to arrive just for meal.. i would love to say i have a cow calving but theres none

We've all been there.
    Do your own thing, forget about others agendas & enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

.Kovu. wrote: »
    After spending 15mins watching a big fireworks display over in Lough Rynn. That place does some wedding business now after O'Driscoll.

Ah, they'd let anyone in there now. Got married there meself back in the day when 'twas more select ;)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

going to a hen party in dublin tomorrow night, would prefer to take maggots out individually from a sheeps fleece

Watching vintage tv now you'd be amazed how many Madonna fans feel the same,enjoy yourself ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

ha ha ejoy the nite out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

.Kovu. wrote: »

Was at one in Kilronan Castle a whole back - believe it is (was) owned by the same bunch. Seems to do a fair il business as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

whitebriar wrote: »

I saw the headline and stopped there. I want the bowl of flakes to stay where they were put. If he got jail for it I'll survive without reading that particular report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

whitebriar wrote: »
    its not jail he should be going to its a psychiatric hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Bollix. Knew I should have milked when I can home last night. Haven't seen a cow yet:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

going to a hen party in dublin tomorrow night, would prefer to take maggots out individually from a sheeps fleece

I'll keep an eye out for ye troublemakers :D

Bollix. Knew I should have milked when I can home last night. Haven't seen a cow yet:(

Getting old gg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

its not jail he should be going to its a psychiatric hospital

Am I wrong for thinking I might add a bit more value to my slurry ? :D Charge people to roll around in the slats over the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Getting old gg.

Was contemplating doing a you on it and milk the cows at 5 when I got home. Girlfriend woke me at half 7 then saying was I supposed to milk.
    Only finished now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

That's how ya get in a rout with farming, get your arse up there and then tell us about the great night ya had meeting everyone, will do ya good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Anyone seen Mahoney ?

sheebadog wrote: »
    Anyone seen Mahoney ?

Probably still flat out at silage

Was contemplating doing a you on it and milk the cows at 5 when I got home. Girlfriend woke me at half 7 then saying was I supposed to milk.
    Only finished now :(

I was passing a place last Sunday around 730 morning with a young man in charge cows all gathered around paddock entrance. He'd be forgiven usually on the ball but he obviously either scored big time or tied one on. Cows were gone in when I was passing back a few mins later.

Reggie. wrote: »

Say there was lots working through the night.
    Mayhem on roads around here yesterday

Farrell wrote: »
    Say there was lots working through the night.
    Mayhem on roads around here yesterday

Serious money on the roads around here lately too. Machinery appeared that I never knew was around

• Advertisement

Serious money on the roads around here lately too. Machinery appeared that I never knew was around

How do they do it ? One lad that only started back baling after a break of 10 yrs last year has two brand new balers going this year . He wouldn't have a massive client list either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Driving on the M3 yesterday I saw a self propelled mower working in fields near Kells/Navan. Never saw one before.

moy83 wrote: »
    How do they do it ? One lad that only started back baling after a break of 10 yrs last year has two brand new balers going this year . He wouldn't have a massive client list either

When you try talking about price, your told no money in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Farrell wrote: »
    When you try talking about price, your told no money in it

And there isn't, lads like him have invested from elsewhere. I have yet to see any lad at agri-contracting that has not got something else helping pay for it. I have seen a few invest going in and run the machinery down over it lifetime and not be able to repay. Take balers wrappers or and wrappers, tractors slurry equipment etc you would not see 200K tied up in machines. Pay drivers and diesel thanks be to God I say every time I see a new entrant.

And there isn't, lads like him have invested from elsewhere. I have yet to see any lad at agri-contracting that has not got something else helping pay for it. I have seen a few invest going in and run the machinery down over it lifetime and not be able to repay. Take balers wrappers or and wrappers, tractors slurry equipment etc you would not see 200K tied up in machines. Pay drivers and diesel thanks be to God I say every time I see a new entrant.

I can back this up. I have a little fetishism for machinery and do a little contracting but my off farm job mostly pays for the additions. It's more of a hobby to me and wouldn't like to be trying to make a living off it

Am powerwashed and on my way to dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Fookin dying,home at half 5 got up at dinner time ,starting to milk now and then round 2 later on.feel like taking the pledge!!!!great night.how did ur night of fine dinning go Sheba ??

How's it feel to be outa wellies :D

How's it feel to be outta wellies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

How's it feel to be outta wellies :D

Don't worry, she'll still get into flannerys and coppers with wellies:D

tanko wrote: »
    Don't worry, she'll still get into flannerys and coppers with wellies:D

Just bat the eye lashes :D

Just checking arms for cow ****e

God forbid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Great result there for Limerick hurlers, despite the ref. Marvellous game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Ya, brilliant. Hurling has opened up a bit again. A lot of counties in with a shout now. Not one of Barry kelly's better games alright.

• Advertisement

Dont forget behind the ears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Dont forget behind the ears :D
    Welly marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Fookin dying,home at half 5 got up at dinner time ,starting to milk now and then round 2 later on.feel like taking the pledge!!!!great night.how did ur night of fine dinning go Sheba ??

Your not the only one! We went out to watch the boxing match and ended up going for pints in two other towns! Finished up around 4 with no lift home and about 25km from home, we started walking but eventually got a lift with some lads. Twas 5 when I got in the door! Christ above I'm still not right from it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Ya, brilliant. Hurling has opened up a bit again. A lot of counties in with a shout now. Not one of Barry kelly's better games alright.

Tis great for the game even though I didn't think the quality was great today. Waterford were written off last week and limerick the same. Very hard to predict any game at the minute. Galway were run very close by Laois aswell. Can't wait for the 15th to see if our lads hit the ground running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Damo810 wrote: »
    Your not the only one! We went out to watch the boxing match and ended up going for pints in two other towns! Finished up around 4 with no lift home and about 25km from home, we started walking but eventually got a lift with some lads. Twas 5 when I got in the door! Christ above I'm still not right from it!

I wouldn't mind but I thought I was taking it handy with afew quiet ones with some of the family last night, we were drinking cobra, my god I had some banging headache this morning, rough stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Spreading slurry on silage ground this week and coped the Fecking head gate off the crush was robbed. Was sick. Can have nothing anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

visatorro wrote: »
    Spreading slurry on silage ground this week and coped the Fecking head gate off the crush was robbed. Was sick. Can have nothing anymore

The head gate. ..... Jesus. Bad luck to the **** that stole it

visatorro wrote: »

That's probably in a scrap yard somewhere now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Fuppin' grassholes that are low enough to steal things! A head gate to be taken would be very annoying.

The aluminium goals were taken from the GAA pitch beside me last week:mad: We have a milk tanker that's used for drawing water for veg, now have to keep it chained up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

the copper was stripped out of a house being built locally.... 3 times :mad:

Oldtree wrote: »

****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Rotten fcukers

A costly dose :mad: How brazen were they to come a third time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Tis great for the game even though I didn't think the quality was great today. Waterford were written off last week and limerick the same. Very hard to predict any game at the minute. Galway were run very close by Laois aswell. Can't wait for the 15th to see if our lads hit the ground running!

Exciting, tense and some flashes of brilliance, but a fair bit of wrong option taking and downright poor skill execution. Still a massive win for Limerick.
    I'm starting to think we're seeing a dip in standards. I think the Cats in their prime would slaughter any of the teams out so far this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

takes some b*lls to do that, main road and the house was back a bit in plain sight but no one nearby at night, they slipped the van in behind the house and that was all she wrote... if it was my house think I would sit in it until it was built after the first robbin. the scrap area needs some serious legislation imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement