Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

whelan2 wrote: »
    the other strain i have witnessed is "my head is rolling down the street " strain, thats fairly severe too

It's been a while since I felt like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

td5man wrote: »
    It's been a while.

Jayus but women can be cruel, you will have to get a mistress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

naughto wrote: »
    its great when they head off to the mothers for the day even better when you get a text to say come over for the dinner

Now your talking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Oldtree wrote: »
    Low sugars, eat more chocolate eating-chocolate-bunny.gif:D

Am i the only one that really started to wonder what oldtree was up to when they saw that?? It really really did not look like chocolate at first to me........ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Zr105 wrote: »
    Am i the only one that really started to wonder what oldtree was up to when they saw that?? It really really did not look like chocolate at first to me........ :D

Well you're not the only one, but as we all know, it's very good for old trees!smiley-laughing018.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I'm ok, just seems to have been triggered by low blood sugar. Have a blood sugar testing kit thingy now to do every so often. I always have had low blood pressure but doc was concerned by me drinking 3-4 litres of water every day, which I always have done as I would feel faint otherwise.

But anyway....yea sports, I'm allowed cycle/bike ride...my bike is a mountain bike! Mountain biking? Close enough to a safe sport:pac::D
    For those that know it was a grand mal seizure followed by a petit mal.
    Every single muscle in my body hurts today.

What about the horse riding? On another note did you ever think of getting a dog trained for warning pre seizure? Anyways mind yourself Kovu.

gozunda wrote: »
    What about the horse riding? On another note did you ever think of getting a dog trained for warning pre seizure? Anyways mind yourself Kovu.

Ssssh, that's still being kept on the D-L:p:pac:

Be grand sure, have enough falls off him already, should be a jockey at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

We've a couple of fairly well known beaches near the village. I've to drive that road to the farm each day. I wonder is it the same in other areas but 90% of people I meet walking are on the wrong side of the road? I know in other countries that's how it is, but most Irish I meet are at it too.

We've a couple of fairly well known beaches near the village. I've to drive that road to the farm each day. I wonder is it the same in other areas but 90% of people I meet walking are on the wrong side of the road? I know in other countries that's how it is, but most Irish I meet are at it too.

Walking away from you rather than towards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

No I was blood tested for everything last time in hospital, low blood pressure & sugar. Just one of those people that seems to have odd bloods.

Possible hemochromatosis (spelling) so give more blood though.
    And no fizzy drinks for me bar coke whelan, lucozade makes me burrrrrrrp:D

Have been told to take salt for low blood pressure, & reduce salt intake for high blood pressure

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Walking away from you rather than towards

That's what they're at yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

:D I have to ask, what did it look like to you at first glance? :confused:
    and is this any clearer? chocolate-valentine-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Oldtree wrote: »
    :D I have to ask, what did it look like to you at first glance? :confused:
    and is this any clearer? chocolate-valentine-smiley-emoticon.gif

A handful of s...... I had to do a double take, then a third take to be sure...

Quickly glancing through on the phone didnt really help...

A handful of s...... I had to do a double take, then a third take to be sure...

Quickly glancing through on the phone didnt really help...

A handful of digested food that had passed through a digestive system of a ruminant or human and excreted after nutrients had been absorbed from it.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

A handful of digested food that had passed through a digestive system of a ruminant or human and excreted after nutrients had been absorbed from it.:pac:

It seems your brain has not been affected. Well ......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Ssssh, that's still being kept on the D-L:p:pac:

Be grand sure, have enough falls off him already, should be a jockey at this stage!
    in some mans eyes no doubt you are

Google I bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Larsen trap landed last night and have two feckrs caught thismorning. :)
    Handy yoke.

Just need to know if the lads want additional prisoners or not. I'll keep the trap set for another day or two to see if there are any others about.

Hopefully my hens can lay in peace now !

_Brian wrote: »
    Handy yoke.

Just need to know if the lads want additional prisoners or not. I'll keep the trap set for another day or two to see if there are any others about.

They're a great job, I use them for grey crows before and around lambing time. Much better than shooting because the trap works all day every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Handy yoke.

what do you do with thwm when you have them caught, they are vicious feckers

whelan2 wrote: »
    what do you do with thwm when you have them caught, they are vicious feckers

He said ring him incase he wants a new mag to pass on with the trap. Otherwise I'll just dispatch with a belt of a stick.

No more affected than usual:rolleyes:
    naughto wrote: »
    in some mans eyes no doubt you are

Now would I do any sort of thing like that. I'm practically a nun smiley-angelic012.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Handy yoke.

Was stacking bales last week & there was a fox on the field, took no notice of me.
    Are they plentiful these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Farrell wrote: »
    Was stacking bales last week & there was a fox on the field, took no notice of me.
    was one around our yard during the winter, he didnt go near the hens at all. They are not locked in at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I'm practically a nun smiley-angelic012.gif

Steer clear of the nun image anyhow with all the scandle around them at the minute !

• Advertisement

No more affected than usual:rolleyes:

Now would I do any sort of thing like that. I'm practically a nun smiley-angelic012.gif

You a nun.....my god

You a nun.....my god

I'd be the nun that quotes Luke 14:10

:pac:

Now I've got ye reading the bible! I'd be a great vicar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

:confused: What, start with the toes?

:D

I'd be the nun that quotes Luke 14:10

:pac:

Now I've got ye reading the bible! I'd be a great vicar.

Not a hope of me reading the bible....no pictures

Not a hope of me reading the bible....no pictures

Of course there's pictures
    You're just looking at the wrong ones!

And sure everyone knows the bible is 100% accurate, especially when thrown at close range.

• Advertisement

Farrell wrote: »

Yes. Few of them around here. Great to watch them stalking rabbits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

And sure everyone knows the bible is 100% accurate, especially when thrown at close range.
    devil-roasting-smiley-emoticon.gif:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

In dentists waiting to get tooth out....... Wonder has he ever seen a 6'3 17st man cry.

In dentists waiting to get tooth out....... Wonder has he ever seen a 6'3 17st man cry.

Regular enough I'd say.
    Not a nice thing.

When sittig there I always tell myself that no matter how hard it is it'll be over in half an hour and surely I can stick half an hour of anything.

Then I had a tooth out last November and I was in the chair for 90 minutes. Had to have gum operated on, jaw bone drilled and cut and stitched up. Just what you need now a a horror story !!

Best of luck

There's a first for everything

.Kovu., Wondering how you are feeling today?

And I see you've moved again.
    And bear with me on this but it ain't all black and white in those undergarments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Genesis Chapter 30, And the moral of the story,
    you couldn't be up to them sheep farmers!

.Kovu., Wondering how you are feeling today?

And I see you've moved again.
    And bear with me on this but it ain't all black and white in those undergarments.

Bit of a traveller blood in me :D
    Ah no, the Belgian lads brought me a stuffed panda from Wales. Feeling grand today! But that's normal, takes it out of me for a couple of days and then feel perfect again after that.

Bit of a traveller blood in me :D
    Ah no, the Belgian lads brought me a stuffed panda from Wales. Feeling grand today! But that's normal, takes it out of me for a couple of days and then feel perfect again after that.

Of course everyone kniws pandas are synonymous with Wales.

Well they are Belgians. Not blue ones by any chance

Of course everyone kniws pandas are synonymous with Wales.

Well they are Belgians. Not blue ones by any chance

Hhahahaha no, far from the bovine variety I'm pleased to say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Regular enough I'd say.
    Not a nice thing.

When sittig there I always tell myself that no matter how hard it is it'll be over in half an hour and surely I can stick half an hour of anything.

Then I had a tooth out last November and I was in the chair for 90 minutes. Had to have gum operated on, jaw bone drilled and cut and stitched up. Just what you need now a a horror story !!

Best of luck

Turns out I needed 2 fillings instead of tooth out. Took 18 injections to stop me grabbing his hand. 40 mins of drilling, kept hitting a nerve. And I get to go back next week for another session. Think he's more nervous than me about it.
    Went to kids First day at primary school straight after. Think young fella was ashamed of me as I stood in the classroom with other parents, with druel running out of the left side of my mouth.... Nothing like talking to a yummy mummy that you've never met before, with dribble running down your shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Turns out I needed 2 fillings instead of tooth out. Took 18 injections to stop me grabbing his hand. 40 mins of drilling, kept hitting a nerve. And I get to go back next week for another session. Think he's more nervous than me about it.
    Went to kids First day at primary school straight after. Think young fella was ashamed of me as I stood in the classroom with other parents, with druel running out of the left side of my mouth.... Nothing like talking to a yummy mummy that you've never met before, with dribble running down your shirt.

Nothing like a bit of window licking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Classy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Lads, anyone know the holes you see built into stone walls. Like a creep gate! What are they called?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lads, anyone know the holes you see built into stone walls. Like a creep gate! What are they called?

Holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Style ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

First cut long in, bales made from any strong paddocks, back broken on the breeding, farm blanket spread over the weekend, calves dosed. I'd say it's that time again. I'll check in if they have wifi in the restaurant other than that that's all from me for 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Sheep holes or sheep smoots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

moy83 wrote: »
    Style ?

I dunno. Not many stone walls in our end of Offaly :-)
    I'll have to take yer word for it. Is there an Irish term for these holes I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

First cut long in, bales made from any strong paddocks, back broken on the breeding, farm blanket spread over the weekend, calves dosed. I'd say it's that time again. I'll check in if they have wifi in the restaurant other than that that's all from me for 10 days.

Enjoy your well earned break so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement