Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

naughto wrote: »

'NOT FOUND'

To be fair that about sums up my watching of the world cup.

How much round-up per litre of water do you use when knapsack spraying

I think we gave a teacup before:D

I posted this so work away off that!

ukgKt8m.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

simx wrote: »
    See a 500kg bullock sucking the daylights out of a cow yesterday, he may be getting a bit of nose jewellery

Always thought it unfair that the cow that been suckled got prodded with yon yokes
    Use the flat ones here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Reggie. wrote: »
    Here ya are

Well wear lad! She's a grand tidy looking job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Zr105 wrote: »
    Well wear lad! She's a grand tidy looking job :)

Cheers kid. I'll stick up a photo tomorrow of it opened up. It was a lucky find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Cheers kid. I'll stick up a photo tomorrow of it opened up. It was a lucky find

If you dont mind me asking how much? And what size rows can you make?

C0N0R wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking how much? And what size rows can you make?

Got it for 2000 euro delivered from clare. She is 14 ft wide I think but will confirm tomorrow

• Advertisement

Got it for 2000 euro delivered from clare. She is 14 ft wide I think but will confirm tomorrow

So can you make a 28ft row then or what way does it work? Sorry never came accross a single rotor rake before.

manager-text1.jpg

So can you make a 28ft row then or what way does it work? Sorry never came accross a single rotor rake before.

Yeah exactly or as big as I want. Just keep going 14ft at a time till the swarth is big enough for ya, handy for hay

Yeah exactly or as big as I want. Just keep going 14ft at a time till the swarth is big enough for ya, handy for hay

As in ya keep pulling the swarth with you or What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Went to Sligo today to look at a job , was heading home when I saw a sign that I was nearly in Carrick :mad: . I dont know where I went wrong , talk about a clown

As in ya keep pulling the swarth with you or What?

Yeah you either go up on way and then go the opposite to get 28ft or as you say go one way and keep throwing over 14ft including the swarth from the previous 14ft till your happy with the swarth. It's handy for light crops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

moy83 wrote: »
    Went to Sligo today to look at a job , was heading home when I saw a sign that I was nearly in Carrick :mad: . I dont know where I went wrong , talk about a clown

Sat nav fail

I said wrote: »
    Sat nav fail

I didnt even bother with a sat nav on the way home , I should have :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

manager-text1.jpg

World Cup so

Just turning on there now. 2 - 1
    Radio said Neymar got first who got second?
    Anyone watching, good game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Here ya are

Looks fresh Reggie. May she wear well for you

• Advertisement

Farrell wrote: »
    Just turning on there now. 2 - 1
    Radio said Neymar got first who got second?
    Anyone watching, good game?
    not a bad game dodge penalty
    cro scored 1st

not a bad game dodge penalty
    cro scored 1st
    First ever og for Brazil, good toe poke for Oscar. Will it help his summer price tag?

sea12 wrote: »
    Looks fresh Reggie. May she wear well for you

Cheers sea

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Here ya are

We'll wear Reggie. Bet u can't wait to try it out.
    Glad the Banner was good to ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Bord bia inspection passed today didn't now wether to thank or fcuk the inspector out of it,QA feels like a necessary evil now

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

I said wrote: »
    Bord bia inspection passed today didn't now wether to thank or fcuk the inspector out of it,QA feels like a necessary evil now

Had the same on weds. Its ridiculous the amount of stuff in it. There is no other industry as tightly regulated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Aaaaaa you know the big sign that says N17 Galway, did that not give it away;)

Parishlad wrote: »
    We'll wear Reggie. Bet u can't wait to try it out.
    Glad the Banner was good to ya!

It's got at least 100 acres to do next week so that will test it

Aaaaaa you know the big sign that says N17 Galway, did that not give it away;)

I saw one that said N59 aswell and it really confused me , that should be the galway to Clifden road I thought !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Parents gone to Limerick with my sister to the Ireland games. Be nice if they were heading to LA next yr for the special Olympics :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I saw one that said N59 aswell and it really confused me , that should be the galway to Clifden road I thought !

Lol, that goes all the way to Sligo sure.

Lol, that goes all the way to Sligo sure.

Oh FFS , and I wondering why there would be one in Sligo aswell . To make it worse the lad that was with me did his FAS training up there and didn't notice we were going astray :D

Parents gone to Limerick with my sister to the Ireland games. Be nice if they were heading to LA next yr for the special Olympics :)

Best of luck tp her. What event she competing in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Best of luck tp her. What event she competing in?

Basketball. Can't tell ye much more than that tbh ha. Dont know enough about the whole yoke

Oh FFS , and I wondering why there would be one in Sligo aswell . To make it worse the lad that was with me did his FAS training up there and didn't notice we were going astray :D

fcukin pair of ye were in awe at seeing a bit of civilization, you only woke up when you realised you were in leitrim:D

fcukin pair of ye were in awe at seeing a bit of civilization, you only woke up when you realised you were in leitrim:D

Civilisation ? I saw a lad in an old massey that had no bonnet , one mud guard and a drum mower with no covers or guards :D Is that the civilisation you're talking about ? :P

Civilisation ? I saw a lad in an old massey that had no bonnet , one mud guard and a drum mower with no covers or guards :D Is that the civilisation you're talking about ? :P

That's the Rossies for you

I did it one time in Kildare, was supposed to be heading home, when I met the sign for Sallins I knew something was up. Then you had to head for ****ing Sligo to get to Galway, NRA take a bow. When I hadn't the sea one side of me the internal compass went a bit haywire :pac:

yea that lad was on his way back to galway too, came up to do the shopping:p

• Advertisement

yea that lad was on his way back to Mayo , came up to do the shopping:p

Probably the tractor and mower the poor lad bought.

Ahhh, you should have just kept going and came to visit me! The lads and I were just horsing into Jupiler beer at that stage to watch the World Cup.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

yea that lad was on his way back to Mayo , came up to do the shopping:p

Probably the tractor and mower the poor lad bought.

I'm watching you:p

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Ahhh, you should have just kept going and came to visit me! The lads and I were just horsing into Jupiler beer at that stage to watch the World Cup.:D

Oh I'll be back (if I can find it again ) . Would you get Carlsburg in ? I dont know if I'd like that Jupiler stuff

I shouldve followed him , I would have been home quicker !

Oh I'll be back (if I can find it again ) . Would you get Carlsburg in ? I dont know if I'd like that Jupiler stuff

It's amazing, one of the few beers I do drink. Plus this year they have different players of the Belgian WC team on the cans. We're trying to make the full team this week!:D

Caught a nice pike yesterday too.
    Biggest so far this year.

• Advertisement

Nice fish. Did you let him back in or eat him

I know you're into your tattoos .kovu., but I think you went a bit far getting your whole legs done like that. :D

Nice fish. Did you let him back in or eat him

I know you're into your tattoos .kovu., but I think you went a bit far getting your whole legs done like that. :D

Never kill any of them! Although they have decimated the cygnets on the lake again this year, only one left. Even reckon we seen one attack a swans leg as it was half dragged backwards and then took off in a fluster.

Ah but with my camo legs now, you can never see me coming:D

It's amazing, one of the few beers I do drink. Plus this year they have different players of the Belgian WC team on the cans. We're trying to make the full team this week!:D

What weight was that fella ? Fine fish

What weight was that fella ? Fine fish

I haven't got the log book to hand, it's away with the lads now :( They don't usually weigh them, it's the length they want.

(now now lads, keep it clean)

I haven't got the log book to hand, it's away with the lads now :( They don't usually weigh them, it's the length they want.

(now now lads, keep it clean)

I thought it was only cars that had log books :D
    Is it fair when a mod gives the beginning to a good joke but rules out anyone finishing it :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement