Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Barbecue on drinking a few brews,its that hot I'm melting ice cubes on me belly summer is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »
    Barbecue on drinking a few brews,its that hot I'm melting ice cubes on me belly summer is great

Shut up. Melting in a cab at the minute hauling muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

found cow. In the bottom of a double ditch, kids found her they where delighted, got her out and shes fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    found cow. In the bottom of a double ditch, kids found here they where delighted, got her out and shes fine

That's a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭willfarmerman

jt65 wrote: »

That's very cheap. Is it full strength?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

That's very cheap. Is it full strength?

1 ml per 50Kg

just on a side note has anyone used Zearl ? was actually going to order on line before I saw the Turbomec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

In kinsale for a few days and found this stuff,a local brew andvits pure amber nectar ,streets ahead of a cold bulmers.i may have to sell up and move down here!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

mahoney_j wrote: »
    In kinsale for a few days and found this stuff,a local brew andvits pure amber nectar ,streets ahead of a cold bulmers.i may have to sell up and move down here!!!!

You'll never get a Peoples Republic of Cork passport if you're driving a French car!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

If you zoom in, it looks lke there is a naked lady and a naughty anatomy bit in the photo.:eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭gazahayes

Yeah that stonewell is lovely stuff. Proper cider

.Kovu. wrote: »
    If you zoom in, it looks lke there is a naked lady and a naughty anatomy bit in the photo.:eek::p

Sharp, very sharp Kovu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

Lovely place is kinsale, especially in this weather. If your heading out and like Irish music try the seanachai pub! Usually something on there every night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

In fairness it's not hard to beat Bulmers, even my homebrew knocks it into the hapenny place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

sheebadog wrote: »
    You'll never get a Peoples Republic of Cork passport if you're driving a French car!!

I've lost all respect for you Mahoney.
    Ps on the craft cider, I had heard recently about it, supposed to be getting very popular in the cork area. Heading cork direction myself Friday, leave us a few bottles

Lovely place is kinsale, especially in this weather. If your heading out and like Irish music try the seanachai pub! Usually something on there every night!

Smashing spot,wife's sister is living here and took us to a pet farm near cork today,got to see a cow been milked ,imagine that!!!!.daughter loved it though.upbto old head as well and sine beach near there as well.serious land down here.passed a few fields of winter barley on way back in ,no more than 3 weeks from been fit to knock.that stone well is some stuff,I'm been taken to brewery tomorrow,hope they dish out a few samples !!!.

2 year d daughter with us so no late drinks,had a stone well and a brandy with some yank in bar before bed,sound bloke but an ainmAl for the brandy so left him be!!!

2 year d daughter with us so no late drinks,had a stone well and a brandy with some yank in bar before bed,sound bloke but an ainmAl for the brandy so left him be!!!
    it is a very good place to go out in and yes full of Americans, the seanchai is we're they all flock to on a night out for the Irish sing song, and dance

Hope you learned something milking the cow :D, old head is some spot, if your into golf. Done abit of rock climbing there.

Hope you learned something milking the cow :D, old head is some spot, if your into golf. Done abit of rock climbing there.

Jaysus I was fascinated !!!,old head nice spot,just went up for a look.no interest In golf.great to get away for a few days and get lucky with weather!

• Advertisement

Jaysus I was fascinated !!!,old head nice spot,just went up for a look.no interest In golf.great to get away for a few days and get lucky with weather!

Yep.
    The weather makes this fine country of ours just glorious looking. And there's nothing better than getting away to refresh the batteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Stan - You're famous now !!
    Page 16 of the Farming Indo. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Stan - You're famous now !!
    Page 16 of the Farming Indo. :cool:

Yea, we got a round of applause at the Galway County Show last Sunday,:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

rangler1 wrote: »
    Yea, we got a round of applause at the Galway County Show last Sunday,:o

Were you at it , I was at silage so couldnt go . Its a pity cos I would have liked to see how it turned out at the race course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Driving the run around van and there is hot air coming in through the air vents. Something wrong with some valve thing in the heating.
    I am melting.....

Am home now! Hurrah!
    And for Reggie- Found this earlier
    hrQXPxim.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Farmers can be their own worst enemies sometimes.

I went to the hardware store to get a water fitting and waited about 2 minutes behind the lad in front who was getting a good bit of stuff. Then a lad arrived in and joined in after me. After about a minute he shouts up to the counter that he wants a hydraulic hose fixed and he was waiting 10 minutes already. The girl at the counter says she will get someone to deal with him and calls someone to fix it and goes back to dealing with the guy at the counter. After about a minute he shouts up that he hasn't all day when the hydraulic guy comes in. Jesus, about time, he goes.

Now i know the weather is fine but he was totally out of line.

And last night i was driving into town behind two silage trailers and about to pass when i had a peep out and saw a car coming so pulled back in. Next thing the second tractor pulls out and goes to pass the first, car still coming but closer now, when the first tractor pulls out to block the second one and nearly tips the empty trailer over. Brakes on all round and rubber on the road from about 6 cars stopping within a few feet of each other. They turned off a few hundred yards up the road and both laughing, two lads about 21. Fecking eejits that should have some small bit of sense in their heads.

Still mad:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Sadly you get them (I'm the most important here, & nobody has anything to do but me) everywhere.
    As for the lads, the contractor might not appreciate too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Farrell wrote: »
    Sadly you get them (I'm the most important here, & nobody has anything to do but me) everywhere.
    As for the lads, the contractor might not appreciate too much
    i often wonder what guys like that are like at home, how do they treat their wifes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

Have any of ye had a calf that's not thriving and seems a little dirty (green) around its mouth?
    Someone has said it may be a situation where they are regurgitating the grass and not processing properly or something? it would explain his mouth.. Got him a Vit booster shot yesterday eve and a supplement sachet to mix with liquid for his gut.

He did have Crypto and got halacor, his brother had at the same time, both came out of it fine but one lad has started to go backwards again. He got 7 weeks of twice a day and has been on once a day the last week, he drinks up no bother and picks at meal. He is not scour'y...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Am home now! Hurrah!
    And for Reggie- Found this earlier
    hrQXPxim.jpg

That just about sums it up alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Have any of ye had a calf that's not thriving and seems a little dirty (green) around its mouth?
    Someone has said it may be a situation where they are regurgitating the grass and not processing properly or something? it would explain his mouth.. Got him a Vit booster shot yesterday eve and a supplement sachet to mix with liquid for his gut.

He did have Crypto and got halacor, his brother had at the same time, both came out of it fine but one lad has started to go backwards again. He got 7 weeks of twice a day and has been on once a day the last week, he drinks up no bother and picks at meal. He is not scour'y...

Presume he is around two months old....? May be a problem with the gut. Sometimes the gut is not developed enough to process correctly. Did he start to go back after going on OAD? I would be worried about an infection in the gut. What is temp like? No harm to give him natural yoghurt which will help the gut. I wouldn't leave it too long though to get a vet to look at him. They can go downhill very quickly.

Thanks, I wont.
    Prob about 9-10 weeks old, got a week on the cow first. I don't think it was the drop back to OAD but he will be on TAD again now.

Called into the vet yesterday and got the few things I gave him and will be calling him again tomorrow if does not perk up very fast.
    Will try the yogurt and see how that goes for him.

Thanks, I wont.
    Prob about 9-10 weeks old, got a week on the cow first. I don't think it was the drop back to OAD but he will be on TAD again now.

Called into the vet yesterday and got the few things I gave him and will be calling him again tomorrow if does not perk up very fast.
    Will try the yogurt and see how that goes for him.

Sulpha powders are great to calm their stomachs.
    Plenty of natural youghert too.

Ok, ankle seems to be ok. Fracture is going down to the joint so just pressure on that at all on it.

Have walked on it:o
    Any good books to download? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Ok, ankle seems to be ok. Fracture is going down to the joint so just pressure on that at all on it.

Good to hear its sounds like its healing up already so!

On the books, I'm not sure if its available to download but "it's not dark yet" sounds a good read, it was written by a guy that has motor neuron(not 100%) it's all written with a computer that reads his eye movements, they were on the radio their a few weeks back and certainly sounded a worth while read!

Zr105 wrote: »
    Good to hear its sounds like its healing up already so!

On the books, I'm not sure if its available to download but "it's not dark yet" sounds a good read, it was written by a guy that has motor neuron(not 100%) it's all written with a computer that reads his eye movements, they were on the radio their a few weeks back and certainly sounded a worth while read!

Hve the 2 by A Mc Govern. Very good too. Am tempted to get Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Hve the 2 by A Mc Govern. Very good too. Am tempted to get Game of Thrones.

Sorry i messed up the tittle there! That should say "it's not dark yet"!

Edit: damit, it's not yet dark! Third time lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I wonder how much Moy Park are paying for all that pitch side advertizing in Brazil??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

As a great Tyrone man once said..... I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

As a great Tyrone man once said..... I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now

Whether God made us in a week, or we crawled up out of a tepid sea a million years ago, there's something that draws us back to the ocean!
    Looks fantastic Darragh !

Now there is a cow earning her keep,he is about 500 over priced I would think

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/6767482
    Friesian cow 6 heffier calves

Thanks Darragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have a look and see if "I remember you" by Yrsa Sigurðardóttir. is available on Kindle.

Also you could have a look at "As the Crow flies" by Damien Boyd. Its free to download at the moment. Got it a week ago, but no chance to start it yet. Crime thriller type thing with a rock climbing theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

sheebadog wrote: »
    Thanks Darragh.

That looking over to near union hall and Glandore, I think they are some or you favourite haunts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

moy83 wrote: »
    Were you at it , I was at silage so couldnt go . Its a pity cos I would have liked to see how it turned out at the race course

Massive crowd at it, but only the same amount of exhibitors as usual, huge amount of horses and sheep on sunday.
    I thought that they'd get a lot more exhibitors and stands, being the race coarse and so near galway,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

You've walked on it? :eek: :eek: Made me wince reading it!
    Books, The White Tiger by Tea Obrecht is a nice handy read, Simone De Beauvoirs memoirs (4) are great, as is the mandarins and she came to stay. The Plague by Camus is great too, I prefer it to the Outaider. The Castle by Kafka is a deadly book, and the Metamorphosis anthology. Makes beaurocracy (sp?) altogether more scary, where it ca end up. The Count of Monte Cristo is a great Swashbuckler doorstopper, or melvynn Braggs Gormengast for a gothic-y fix. Birds Of the Innocent Wood by Deirdre madden is a beautiful wee book too, quite Friel like. And you can't go wrong with any Anne Enright. Oh I gots to get me a book soon!

ETA Vendela Vida does beautiful, sparse scandi prose, she's worth checking out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I wonder how much Moy Park are paying for all that pitch side advertizing in Brazil??

Moy park are brazillian owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

4 acres of hay cut and baled. 48 bales return. Off on our holiers tomorrow. No job, no farming for 2 whole weeks. Ah bliss!!!! Enjoy the fine weather!!

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    4 acres of hay cut and baled. 48 bales return. Off on our holiers tomorrow. No job, no farming for 2 whole weeks. Ah bliss!!!! Enjoy the fine weather!!

Enjoy the hols.
    Off to anywhere nice ??

Great to have stuff in and no worry heading off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement