Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I wonder how much Moy Park are paying for all that pitch side advertizing in Brazil??

There was a bit in Rad Darcy about that.
    Seems it's part of a series of adds ran by the parent company costing half a million euro.
    It would want to shift some ammount of chicken Kiev to make it worth while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

_Brian wrote: »
    Enjoy the hols.
    Off to anywhere nice ??

Great to have stuff in and no worry heading off.
    France, near Bordeux. Sun, sea and ...........playing with the kids!!!

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    France, near Bordeux. Sun, sea and ...........playing with the kids!!!

Enjoy, it's a wonderful area.
    We've been holidaying in the region between Sable D'Olonne and Bordeaux now for more than ten years and just love it. Been watching the weather and it's real nice there too.
    We're heading out on the 28th ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Ok, ankle seems to be ok. Fracture is going down to the joint so just pressure on that at all on it.

Have walked on it:o
    Any good books to download? :pac:
    did you have to get pins in it? I have pins in mine from when i broke it 15 years ago. Think i am supposed to get them taken out:confused: How many weeks will you bein a cast for?

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    4 acres of hay cut and baled. 48 bales return. Off on our holiers tomorrow. No job, no farming for 2 whole weeks. Ah bliss!!!! Enjoy the fine weather!!
    enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

whelan2 wrote: »
    did you have to get pins in it? I have pins in mine from when i broke it 15 years ago. Think i am supposed to get them taken out:confused: How many weeks will you bein a cast for?

Have the same done on mine, the tiniest fracture required a plate and 15 bolts. If you saw the x-ray of it after it looked like the greatest hatchet job ever, bolts in at every angle. That was fourteen and a half years ago, think you can have them taken out if it starts giving you hassle. Never had a problem with mine, could feel it a bit if I got a belt of a hurl across it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

rangler1 wrote: »
    Massive crowd at it, but only the same amount of exhibitors as usual, huge amount of horses and sheep on sunday.
    I thought that they'd get a lot more exhibitors and stands, being the race coarse and so near galway,

Where was it advertised?? I'm from co. Galway and never knew it was coming up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Muckit wrote: »

There were signs up but they weren't great , they just said county show next weekend at the race course

There were signs up but they weren't great , they just said county show next weekend at the race course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

moy83 wrote: »

Would never have found it only I know where it is

rangler1 wrote: »
    Would never have found it only I know where it is

Wonder why they changed it from Clarenbridge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭willfarmerman

Wonder why they changed it from Clarenbridge ?

Oh there was <modsnip> I heard! Well I never such <modsnip>.

Oh there was <modsnip> I heard! Well I never such <modsnip>.

Probably too <modsnip> to put up here is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

Some snippage of posts above.

If you're going to make statements about the allegedly dubious behaviour of identifiable people/organisations, please cite reputable sources in the public domain when doing so.

[/MOD]

:DI was joking obviously enough I thought! But now don your black cap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

:DI was joking obviously enough I thought! But now don your black cap...

[MOD]

willfarmerman Please read this section of the F&F charter:

"Any defamation found in this forum will result in the thread/post being edited or deleted. Defamation is when something is said about another person (legal, natural or otherwise, that means companies can be defamed) that is untrue and damaging."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73710780&postcount=2

[/MOD]

Ok .

Back garden. Deck chair. yummy tea. cider. Sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Half tempted to go to the lake tomorrow, very busy weekend in store, including a stupid amount of beer With 2 mates turning 18 and 19. Hope the weather lasts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Damo810 wrote: »
    Half tempted to go to the lake tomorrow, very busy weekend in store, including a stupid amount of beer With 2 mates turning 18 and 19. Hope the weather lasts!

Waiting for the tide to rise a bit here to go to the pier! Tis the only job after a hot day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Back garden. Deck chair. yummy tea. cider. Sorted :D

Neighbours field, round bales, ordinary seat on tractor, sweat running down shuck of my a**e. Jealous.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Neighbours field, round bales, ordinary seat on tractor, sweat running down shuck of my a**e. Jealous.:D

Will ya quit. You'll give Charliebull a heart attack :-)

He has the head in the air and the nostrils flaring already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

And as Spike Milligan said " continued down the backs of my legs and into my shoes and escaped as steam through the lace holes"

crappy morning, cows went through tape fence in paddock, ball valve went in drinker in collecting yard, cows that had to be milked and those already milked mixed. Calves opened gate of shed and where running around yard and have a sick cow:mad:

crappy morning, cows went through tape fence in paddock, ball valve went in drinker in collecting yard, cows that had to be milked and those already milked mixed. Calves opened gate of shed and where running around yard and have a sick cow:mad:
    Wow.
    They're all against you today.

Wow.
    They're all against you today.
    and its not half 9 yet:eek: having a massive cup of coffee and a pack of king crisps to perpare myself to tackle the rest of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

and its not half 9 yet:eek: having a massive cup of coffee and a pack of king crisps to perpare myself to tackle the rest of the day

Oh the comfort food is out...bad sign :D

Stopped off for tea and an apple.
    Now have a hankering for King crisps :(

Nearly bought the journal but reminded myself money is too hard earned to be wasting it.

Stopped off for tea and an apple.
    Now have a hankering for King crisps :(

Nearly bought the journal but reminded myself money is too hard earned to be wasting it.
    normally dont eat crisps , but saw a 9 pack of king crisps for 2 euro and had to buy them, as long as i stop at 1 pack i will be fine:D

• Advertisement

normally dont eat crisps , but saw a 9 pack of king crisps for 2 euro and had to buy them, as long as i stop at 1 pack i will be fine:D

Im going to get them now aswell . You have to have 2 bags if they are from the multipacks , its hard to stop !

Im going to get them now aswell . You have to have 2 bags if they are from the multipacks , its hard to stop !
    king crisps sales will go through the roof today:)

Have some cors light in the fridge. Would be nice with the crisps.

Have some cors light in the fridge. Would be nice with the crisps.

Ah now you're just bad minded , ill be all day with a lip on me , unless a sneak in a pint at lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Thanks, I wont.
    Prob about 9-10 weeks old, got a week on the cow first. I don't think it was the drop back to OAD but he will be on TAD again now.

Called into the vet yesterday and got the few things I gave him and will be calling him again tomorrow if does not perk up very fast.
    Will try the yogurt and see how that goes for him.

How is the calf doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Just waiting for the full irish in a Dutch restaurant in Portugal. Fierce cosmopolitan so we are. Jet fuel required to power a day in the waterpark. Waitress didn't know whether she was after getting a pat on the back or a kick in the hole when I said we needed tables for 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Just waiting for the full irish in a Dutch restaurant in Portugal. Fierce cosmopolitan so we are. Jet fuel required to power a day in the waterpark. Waitress didn't know whether she was after getting a pat on the back or a kick in the hole when I said we needed tables for 15.

Jesus you and the wife have been busy for the last few years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Jesus you and the wife have been busy for the last few years :)

Long story.

Long story.

Sure we have all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

anyone listening to I radio last night, about half 9-ish? they were having a bale off. they wanted drivers to ring in and see who made the most bales in the day!! it was going great, then it got better....

some dude rang in and he was gas, he was chatting away about baling and the lad that was baling with him, and then told the presenter to hang on, and he shouts,(out the door of the tractor) "turn on I radio, turn on I radio", the presenter asked him what was he at, and he said, I'm just back in the yard, all the boys are here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Was putting sucklers into a pen last night on my own. All go in except the one calf. Must have spent 30 mins trying to get him in with the others. He kept going back and forth under the fence wire. There's always one that tests your patience.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Had a French man in the yard here this morning. His grandfather owns timac in france and he was here to see how there products. I asked him for free load if fert but he was having none of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Had a French man in the yard here this morning. His grandfather owns timac in france and he was here to see how there products. I asked him for free load if fert but he was having none of it :D

"If you don't ask"??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Thats ****ing sick , I know exactly where that happened . I have to do a bit of work in there from time to time and the gspca wont go in without the guards . Galway is a lovely place and Castle Park is alright too but there is one part of it that is completely lawless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Fcking knackers should get 10 years for that.

king crisps sales will go through the roof today:)

Was Stella cider yesterday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Anyone seen Frazzledhome?
    Miss the thrust that he brings on here.

sheebadog wrote: »
    Anyone seen Frazzledhome?
    Miss the thrust that he brings on here.

Explain thrust :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sheebadog

Reggie. wrote: »
    Explain thrust :D

Input.

Ya freak! :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement