Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hard to kill a bad thing Muckit :D

:D it's whatever is laid out for you as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Quote of the night 'NPWS, No People West of the Shannon'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Full of brains that lad

ellewood wrote: »
    Check field if too much grass go buy to increase stocking rate

if field checked and theres no grass youre over stocked

Works well for me anyways;)

Who said farming was difficult, :D
    who do you get to count for you :P

Full of brains that lad

He's no dud and that's for sure. Got a large round of applause for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

REPS; rural env poverty scheme.
    Anyone got one for GLAS?
    Go away, Leave us Alone Scheme.:(

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Muckit wrote: »
    Not quite true. It depends what form and stage of the big C you have. I am one of the lucky ones who managed to beat it after ~6mths of chemo. That's 13 years ago. 13... lucky for some ;)
    fair play , my friend had it in her bones, very hard to cure and very painful. anyway she's free from all pain now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

my dad had prostate he only found out about it about a yr before he died.
    the doc reckons he had it for yrs and that it never bothered him untill the end.i think it was better that way at least he could enjoy life with out all the medication.he was never at a doc before that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »
    fair play , my friend had it in her bones, very hard to cure and very painful. anyway she's free from all pain now.

Only one that really suffered when I had it was my poor mother. I was young and the whole seriousness of it went over my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Muckit wrote: »
    Only one that really suffered when I had it was my poor mother. I was young and the whole seriousness of it went over my head!

Nothing like a mammy to worry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Some heat here today, got scalded again licking rushes!

blue5000 wrote: »
    REPS; rural env poverty scheme.
    Anyone got one for GLAS?
    Go away, Leave us Alone Scheme.:(

That's what Coveney wants to do!

Got burnt yesterday shearing, burnt again today shearing and drawing water.

Are they tasty,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Are they tasty,

If they were I'd be onto a winner feeding them to the cows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Walking though meadow yesterday. OH just ahead of me talking away. I stepped crooked into a hole, landed on my knees and disappeared from view. OH continued on talking away. He turned and there I wasn't!! Look on his face was priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

How much would ya charge for topping. Would it be per acre or hour

That's what Coveney wants to do!

Got burnt yesterday shearing, burnt again today shearing and drawing water.
    we all got sunburnt on sunday, lesson learnt, even though we had factor 50 on, we all missed bits:mad: bought a small tub of sudocrem, was 6 euro, great job on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

we all got sunburnt on sunday, lesson learnt, even though we had factor 50 on, we all missed bits:mad: bought a small tub of sudocrem, was 6 euro, great job on it

Just what I learned in oz but factor 20 or 30 are better applied more often. The factor 50 is very thick and blockes your pores ect and you over heat and swet and make it run off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

would that suarez lad be any good for chewing a few rushes

he is some head the ball with serious issues,
    i suppose with teeth like his what else would you do with them, he would give a fair love bite

• Advertisement

i suppose with teeth like his what else would you do with them, he would give a fair love bite

This is why I don't watch football. Over paid man-babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

If the grab wasn't work he'd be handy to have around to take a bite out of the pit. Doubt he'd be any use chewing rushes, he seems to spit out what he bites quick enough.

before the game yesterday the talk was would Liverpool be able to hold onto him, i think now they would be glad to get rid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

before the game yesterday the talk was would Liverpool be able to hold onto him, i think now they would be glad to get rid

But some good came out of it! Hard to believe that it was actually a joke bet in the first place http://imgur.com/gallery/LFgtqfZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

i doubt that..without him they aren't a top 4 team.

last year was a flash in the pan, with or without "chewie louis" they wont be top 4. europe will fcuk them up

last year was a flash in the pan, with or without "chewie louis" they wont be top 4. europe will fcuk them up
    ah here now, dont rain on our parade;)

im inclined to agree with you, he will leave sooner or later anyway, looks like he wont be playing for a large part of next season anyhow

look at the england team , 5 liverpool players on it- iknow they did crap:D- but goes to show how far english football is behind on the world stage and the wages alot of them are on is crazy

• Advertisement

ah here now, dont rain on our parade;)

im sorry whelan2,;)

some great photos doing the rounds here,

im inclined to agree with you, he will leave sooner or later anyway, looks like he wont be playing for a large part of next season anyhow
    some press are saying he was shouldered in the mouth:) is it true he got a 2 year worldwide ban?

you think he needs a new challenge to get his teeth into:D

look at the england team , 5 liverpool players on it- iknow they did crap:D- but goes to show how far english football is behind on the world stage and the wages alot of them are on is crazy

technically they are miles behind, they literally cant hold onto the ball. I like man utd but i cant believe people still talk about rooney as world class. be interesting to see how he fares with van gaal

technically they are miles behind, they literally cant hold onto the ball. I like man utd but i cant believe people still talk about rooney as world class. be interesting to see how he fares with van gaal
    in fairness i dont think roy hodgson is international manager material either. I only watched the first England game and rooney was brutal in that

gerard looked good in the premership, when he went to world stage he was shown up for what he is, an over rated average midfielder way past his sell by date

they are a million miles behind other teams

• Advertisement

but look at the premiership how many "english" players play for man city or chelsea, total mad money for world class players, when England play as england they are really shown up. iykwim

hodgsen a clown in fairness, at least gerrard has done it for liverpool, rooney is shocking for club and country most of the time, he was miles better at 17 than he is now, lampard shocking at national level also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

All you guys with collie dogs, could you have a chat with them about contraception, please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057236750

hodgsen a clown in fairness, at least gerrard has done it for liverpool, rooney is shocking for club and country most of the time, he was miles better at 17 than he is now, lampard shocking at national level also

i think lampard looks good because he is surrounded by good players at chavski, rooney was great for a few years from 17-21 and its been downhill since then, fergie very rarely got it wrong with players and he wanted rooney out

Torres is another one that is pure brutal now, was great with liverpool, crap with Chelsea , couldnt believe spain put him on as a sub to try and win their game. :eek:

• Advertisement

i think lampard looks good because he is surrounded by good players at chavski, rooney was great for a few years from 17-21 and its been downhill since then, fergie very rarely got it wrong with players and he wanted rooney out
    Rooney always reminds me of a spoilt kid, pussy looking head on him

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    All you guys with collie dogs, could you have a chat with them about contraception, please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057236750

that half wit making the point cant even spell, :D
    jayus schools have a lot to answer for with lads like that wandering around

Torres is another one that is pure brutal now, was great with liverpool, crap with Chelsea , couldnt believe spain put him on as a sub to try and win their game. :eek:

ya he is finished alright, spain had some players on the bench, koke, mata etc

ya he is finished alright, spain had some players on the bench, koke, mata etc

they were a serious team over the last few years,
    that young lad playing for holland looks a super player

I think spain thought they just had to show up and they had it won, the pubs over here said its a pure disaster with england and spain out already

Depay is it?
    wouldnt mind seeing holland do well

I think spain thought they just had to show up and they had it won, the pubs over here said its a pure disaster with england and spain out already

i think age caught up on spain
    Depay is it?
    wouldnt mind seeing holland do well

thats him, super player, would love to see holland win it, if not then belgium

who do ye think will win it?

i think age caught up on spain

thats him, super player, would love to see holland win it, if not then belgium

hopefully louis might bring a few of them to utd and clear out nani and heap more of them:)
    some lad on bench classie is supposed to be good also

who do ye think will win it?

i think germany or holland, have 20 notes on holland @25-1
    hopefully louis might bring a few of them to utd and clear out nani and heap more of them:)
    some lad on bench classie is supposed to be good also

nani is muck, not a utd fan so will pass on the good dutch players following louis but i think van gaal will make a good job of utd

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement