Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Argentina v Nigeria, 2 goals in the first 4 minutes. Has the makings of a cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

rain has landed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

This is why I don't watch football. Over paid man-babies.

Full of hype and bull****. The rubbish that the commentators come out with defies all logic. Men in their prime collapsing at "contact". Honesty of effort seems to me to count for nothing.
    A world cup of sub standard teams. With a bit of luck America or even Bosnia could have done as well as anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Full of hype and bull****. The rubbish that the commentators come out with defies all logic. Men in their prime collapsing at "contact". Honesty of effort seems to me to count for nothing.
    A world cup of sub standard teams. With a bit of luck America or even Bosnia could have done as well as anyone.

Bah humbug:D

Bah humbug:D

There could be a bit of that alright. Don't mind me anyway :-)

There could be a bit of that alright. Don't mind me anyway :-)

Few pints with a few cigs and jump the barmaid, all will be better then,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Few pints with a few cigs and jump the barmaid, all will be better then,:D

You read my mind , I'd love a feed of porter this evening :D
    I got the bull this evening , 2 cows jumped already . Hopefully he will have about 30 to bull over the next few weeks , would he want nuts or is he sound on grass ? He is in good condition and I don't want to send him back thin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

moy83 wrote: »
    I got the bull this evening , 2 cows jumped already . Hopefully he will have about 30 to bull over the next few weeks , would he want nuts or is he sound on grass ? He is in good condition and I don't want to send him back thin

You got the bull earlier? Fair play to you moy :eek:

Hope you don't repeat!!

Definitely. He'd want two:D

• Advertisement

Does he talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I got the bull this evening , 2 cows jumped already . Hopefully he will have about 30 to bull over the next few weeks , would he want nuts ... ?

He would. And two good ones.

Does he talk

Not yet but he might be just shy on the first day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Muckit wrote: »
    He would. And two good ones.

He's sorted if Moy has a brother like himself then.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    You got the bull earlier? Fair play to you moy :eek:

Hope you don't repeat!!
    :D
    Definitely. He'd want two:D

I just walk myself into these bull jokes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Why are Irish drivers so ignorant. Went to out farm twice today with two loads if fert and two times egits tried passing me out in reckless ways and I've a cracked mirror as a result.
    First time I was going around a bad bend and a lad tried to pass me out and I had to pull in so I wouldn't rip the side out of him and hit mirror off a branch then.
    Second time I had a one drive right up behind spreader and I could only see the top of her car roof. Then I went to turn off and she didn't see me indicate because she was stuck behind be so far. Then as I slowed down to turn in she trys to over take me. On a crossroads of all places?
    Nearly drove over her and her car was full of kids too.
    Really peed off over stupid drivers who don't have patience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Why are Irish drivers so ignorant. Went to out farm twice today with two loads if fert and two times egits tried passing me out in reckless ways and I've a cracked mirror as a result.
    First time I was going around a bad bend and a lad tried to pass me out and I had to pull in so I wouldn't rip the side out of him and hit mirror off a branch then.
    Second time I had a one drive right up behind spreader and I could only see the top of her car roof. Then I went to turn off and she didn't see me indicate because she was stuck behind be so far. Then as I slowed down to turn in she trys to over take me. On a crossroads of all places?

seen some people take very unnecessary risks passing out tractors especially, some serious a******s out there

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

I just walk myself into these bull jokes !

I'm just surprised your able to walk after getting the bull earlier! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Any of ye that suffer from sinus problems have ye ever used a the neti pot to help stop getting them?
    On tablet so can't link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

naughto wrote: »
    Any of ye that suffer from sinus problems have ye ever used a the neti pot to help stop getting them?
    On tablet so can't link

last week i was totally blocked up, dont know if it was hay related or just a cold but i would get this desperate cough every evening along with blocked nose, i would be ok during the day, otrivin is good for nasal congestion i find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

some awful bad drivers around alright, a danger to themselves and others :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

looking at the ahi bvd results there only 55% of positive calves born this year have been put down, compared to 81% last year, thats very disappointing imo, how can we get rid of it if people are still holding on to the shedders, or whats the point of it all:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

whelan2 wrote: »
    looking at the ahi bvd results there only 55% of positive calves born this year have been put down, compared to 81% last year, thats very disappointing imo, how can we get rid of it if people are still holding on to the shedders, or whats the point of it all:confused::confused:

A one week amnesty to get rid of positives then notice in all marts on weighbridge that the farmer in question has PI calves on hand when his cattle are in ring and a notice on transfer forms on the agfood site for private sales would soften a few coughs. I'd go so far as to say that even if they get rid of animals having held them beyond the normal time needed for re-tests it should be noted in marts and transfer documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Especially so when I've had positive calf myself, got put down, no compensation and money to knackey ro remove.
    Calves being more valuable this year not help.
    Wonder did many herds hold onto more than one positive calf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

This is madness and shows that disposal needs to become mandatory !

_Brian wrote: »
    This is madness and shows that disposal needs to become mandatory !
    yup very annoying, i had 1 positive in first year and then a few weeks ago had another, i was surprised as i had had none since the first one, fr heifer calf out of a good cow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

yup very annoying, i had 1 positive in first year and then a few weeks ago had another, i was surprised as i had had none since the first one, fr heifer calf out of a good cow :(

I've no doubt its a hard pill to swallow..
    BUT..
    If lads don't knuckle down the whole process will fall appart... I'd agree with a previous poster about another section on the board in the mart.. Although the boards are busy enough as it is..

_Brian wrote: »
    I've no doubt its a hard pill to swallow..
    BUT..
    If lads don't knuckle down the whole process will fall appart... I'd agree with a previous poster about another section on the board in the mart.. Although the boards are busy enough as it is..
    just a bit fed up of it now, the cost of the testing, disposal etc whats the point of the whole scheme if bvd will not be eradicated at the end of it:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Totally agree, A bus of all things overtook me on one of the blindest bends imaginable a few years back on a fairly busy road, I don't know what he was thinking because if someone was coming against him they were dead and he blowing like mad doing it. I wouldn't mind but he hadn't been stuck behind me and I would always slow down and pull in tight on an open stretch of road to let traffic out when I'm in the tractor. There's some right tits out there. Similar things happened countless times. I know it's frustrating if you are stuck behind a tractor for ages but people need to cop on too including a lot of the lads driving the tractors that couldn't give 1 iota if there was a thousand cars stuck behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Especially so when I've had positive calf myself, got put down, no compensation and money to knackey ro remove.
    Calves being more valuable this year not help.
    Wonder did many herds hold onto more than one positive calf

Was there not supposed to be something that the knackery charge was waived in the case of a BvD positive calf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Zr105 wrote: »
    Was there not supposed to be something that the knackery charge was waived in the case of a BvD positive calf?

Not sure, think there might of been something for second and subsequent calves. But could way of the mark

• Advertisement

Not sure, think there might of been something for second and subsequent calves. But could way of the mark

That may be it alright, i cant remember exactly. Dont think it was overly well publicised either, we only heard it through local discussion group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Over a thousand posts. :D

I like to thank this forum and its members for all their insight into farming matters. :)

Their is alot of knowledgeable posters past and present who contributed greatly to this forum .

Again thank you very much. :cool:

OTR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Anyone notice this ?

Anyone notice this ?

Don't be racist! That's African-American hay:P

Anyone notice this ?

Probably hayledge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

He could be wrapping the headland and making hay of the rest.

Over a thousand posts. :D

I like to thank this forum and its members for all their insight into farming matters. :)

Their is alot of knowledgeable posters past and present who contributed greatly to this forum .

Again thank you very much. :cool:

OTR

What river are you on anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Muckit wrote: »
    He could be wrapping the headland and making hay of the rest.

Ah I know I just thought it was funny.
    Ya can see hay in the background

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

What river are you on anyway,

River of life

• Advertisement

River of life

Thought it might have been the moy

River of life

Where does that flow into the sea? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

1604386_497930700328223_365877018_n.jpg
    tumblr_n7rq98Zaix1tskczco1_500.jpg

just reading a paper there, how did jimmy savile get away with what he did for so long:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

just reading a paper there, how did jimmy savile get away with what he did for so long:eek:

for the same reason as here, deference!

Killing time for the next hour and a half but see battery on phone going low. I know, I'll use my fancy new emergency phone charger I got last week... Ooh no I won't,I left the damn thing at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Killing time for the next hour and a half but see battery on phone going low. I know, I'll use my fancy new emergency phone charger I got last week... Ooh no I won't,I left the damn thing at home!

First and second signs of madness. Talking to yourself and answering yourself back.:D

I always keep mine in my handbag. But you probably left your handbag at home too:p

First and second signs of madness. Talking to yourself and answering yourself back.:D

That was confirmed many many years ago!

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I always keep mine in my handbag. But you probably left your handbag at home too:p

Worse than that,I left my handbag in the shop!

Worse than that,I left my handbag in the shop!

La Senza was it? :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement