Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

.Kovu. wrote: »
    €80 for a shirt:eek: You'd nearly want the Sistine Chapel ceiling on it for that!

Toned it down and got the bare essential message for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Toned it down and got the bare essential message for €20.

Good man Con, Once you keep the bare essentials covered no one can complain :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Derby festival up here all weekend,called down to a extremely hungover neighbour dis morning to look at a few lambs to find him sitting in his sheep shed overcome with the smell of foot rot chatting to the pet puck goat that runs with his flock of sheep!....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Derby festival up here all weekend,called down to a extremely hungover neighbour dis morning to look at a few lambs to find him sitting in his sheep shed overcome with the smell of foot rot chatting to the pet puck goat that runs with his flock of sheep!....

They are two things that definitely don't go together hangover and foot rot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Anyone download the new boards app? Bit disappointed tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Anyone download the new boards app? Bit disappointed tbh

Nope

Just downloaded it and removed it just as quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Don't see the point in downloading an app for any website that has a good mobile website. They only clog up the phone and are constantly looking to be updated.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nope

Just downloaded it and removed it just as quick

Ye no good

Ye no good

You can say that again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Parts of Canada have had 200mm of rain over the weekend, ouch

http://www.farms.com/news/severe-flooding-threatens-southern-prairie-crops-78436.aspx

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

blue5000 wrote: »
    Parts of Canada have had 200mm of rain over the weekend, ouch

http://www.farms.com/news/severe-flooding-threatens-southern-prairie-crops-78436.aspx

We could do with a bit here, looks like we'll get it Wednesdays too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Young neighbour was telling me he had been helping an elderly neighbour to put up electric fence for cattle using the white polywire with a pile of knots and joints in it.

They started at gate, went the whole way around the field and back to the gate leaving the width of the gate unfenced. (So not a complete loop) Young lad connected fencer to wire and tested it. Tester showed up 5000 volts where fencer was connected to the wire. He then checks other end of line - no power in fence.
    He tells man that there must be some bad joints or the wires must be broken somewhere around the field and that he walk around field to find problem.
    The reply - "Ah gasson, would ya hold your horses for a bit, sure it's going to take a good while for the current to get round that fence and back to here. We'll take a mug of tay while we're waiting for it to build up power and get round the field":D

Oh late night dining....Full as a tick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

anyone get a lodgement from the dept this morning, havent a clue what its for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Last years suckler welfare (€20/cow calved)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

minus financial discipline and genotyping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

2013 beef data programme

just do it wrote: »
    2013 beef data programme

Taught it was a good will gesture from the department for the poor beef prices at the minute!.....HA HA HA

Nothing like a near roll over in the tractor to get the heart racing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Nothing like a near roll over in the tractor to get the heart racing :eek:

Pushing it a bit hard with bales were we??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Nothing like a near roll over in the tractor to get the arse to clinch the seat very tight:eek:

Fixed that for ya! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Taught it was a good will gesture from the department for the poor beef prices at the minute!.....HA HA HA

Got a whole €35 off it, to be honest forgot all about it, few more quid for beer I suppose :D

Fixed that for ya! :-)

More holding on to the pillars. Was keeping a close eye on a king post that got way too close to the side window

Zr105 wrote: »
    Pushing it a bit hard with bales were we??

Yeah...heavy lump on front and never noticed the slight gradient while reversing. Loader never hit the ground as quick or hard

Yeah...heavy lump on front and never noticed the slight gradient while reversing. Loader never hit the ground as quick or hard

Yep I nearly did that with new Massey. On a bank and I pickef up a bale and started driving down the bank. Turned up the hill then and back left wheel lift.
    Nearly **** myself

Yep I nearly did that with new Massey. On a bank and I pickef up a bale and started driving down the bank. Turned up the hill then and back left wheel lift.
    Nearly **** myself

Very same thing. Had to give myself a few minutes afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Would ye not put a ballast on the back? Another bale or a weight of some sorts?

Damo810 wrote: »
    Would ye not put a ballast on the back? Another bale or a weight of some sorts?

Hard to when I'm picking up the trailer. Only happened once would happen in old tractor too just have to watch out and not fly around the spot

Hard to when I'm picking up the trailer. Only happened once would happen in old tractor too just have to watch out and not fly around the spot

The auld 5455 is an awful thing for doing it as it's cab is very high up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Is it any help to keep the bale as low to the ground as possible ? At least you could drop it rapid if you thought you were going to topple .
    I had a few brown trouser moments loading them with a farmtrac last year

• Advertisement

moy83 wrote: »
    Is it any help to keep the bale as low to the ground as possible ? At least you could drop it rapid if you thought you were going to topple .
    I had a few brown trouser moments loading them with a farmtrac last year

Prob with me was hydraulics are too quick would ye believe. Bale goes up in a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

God there a woeful yoke with a loader IMO.... Had the displeasure of having to load bales one night with one a year or 2 ago... Never have i driven a yoke as twitchy in the back end with a bale, all night going round with the bales 6 inches off the ground and probably half of them hit the ground at one point when the back end lifted....

We'd a ts ourselves at the time with a longer loader and it would lift when you pushed it but i never felt she was going to go any further than 3-4 inches, and i stacked an awful lot of bales with it and pushed it hard at times

Prob with me was hydraulics are too quick would ye believe. Bale goes up in a shot

Not a bad complaint . Is there any adjustment to dampen the speed a bit ?

Not a bad complaint . Is there any adjustment to dampen the speed a bit ?

Nope. Button on pillar in cab to put it from 55l/min to 110l/min. 55 is too slow thougg

Nope. Button on pillar in cab to put it from 55l/min to 110l/min. 55 is too slow thougg

Just like ye twin pumps on the 398

Just like ye twin pumps on the 398

Yep. She got a new pump 2 weeks ago too

Yep. She got a new pump 2 weeks ago too

What happened to the auld one

What happened to the auld one

She decided to chew it up in bits for some reason. Was gone when we got her but gradually got worse

She decided to chew it up in bits for some reason. Was gone when we got her but gradually got worse

Nasty. Cab and all had to come off I'd say

• Advertisement

Nasty. Cab and all had to come off I'd say

Don't think so tbh. Only took em a few hrs. Didn't see them do it so couldn't tell ye

Don't think so tbh. Only took em a few hrs. Didn't see them do it so couldn't tell ye

You scaring me now greengrass!..lol

You scaring me now greengrass!..lol

Ah I think it was a freak event. Its the same back end as in the 54 series so should be okay

Ah I think it was a freak event. Its the same back end as in the 54 series so should be okay

Interesting enough a mate of mine told me a few years ago that he reckoned that the back end of the 54 series will give trouble in the hydraulic sense. Whatever he knew or noticed about them

Interesting enough a mate of mine told me a few years ago that he reckoned that the back end of the 54 series will give trouble in the hydraulic sense. Whatever he knew or noticed about them

She does get a fairly hot on back end when doing a lot if loader work alright. Ye would nearly burn your hand if ye touched it some times

She does get a fairly hot on back end when doing a lot if loader work alright. Ye would nearly burn your hand if ye touched it some times

This fella would be cute enough. Ya wonder what he noticed as he never explained himself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Dehorned the last 3 calves with dad this morning, how am I going to explain cow poop on my cast to the consultant:o:pac:

Dehorned the last 3 calves with dad this morning, how am I going to explain cow poop on my cast to the consultant:o:pac:

Ran out of loo roll ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

:pac::eek:
    Ran out of loo roll ? :D

:pac::eek:

I got a card off someone a few years ago , on the outside it said " I couldn't find a a card with a dirty phrase on it " on the inside was a brown stain and " so I just wiped my arse with this one " :D
    That was as dirty a card as I ever got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Spray it olive green and brown camo pattern?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement