Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Mechanic did it, he checked it this morning before I went down and it left 2 equal marks 10 feet long on the road...
    the doe is crazy, brought in a big iveco delivery van from work the other day for testing..clutch is gone in her i think or at least it nearly impossible get her in gear and some warning light was flashing the whole way there...passed not a bother :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

the doe is crazy, brought in a big iveco delivery van from work the other day for testing..clutch is gone in her i think or at least it nearly impossible get her in gear and some warning light was flashing the whole way there...passed not a bother :rolleyes:

A load of balls is what it is. There's an awful bad setup on the land cruisers for the handbrake, it has to pull the left wheel before the right and it's the same thing every year trying to get it right. I wouldn't mind but the rest of it is spot on. Trivial enough I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

A load of balls is what it is. There's an awful bad setup on the land cruisers for the handbrake, it has to pull the left wheel before the right and it's the same thing every year trying to get it right. I wouldn't mind but the rest of it is spot on. Trivial enough I think..

Did it get new shoes? Or is she disk brake on the back?

Did it get new shoes? Or is she disk brake on the back?

New callipers, disks and pads on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

New callipers, disks and pads on the back.

That's a right Fcuk, hopefully it won't be to much to fix her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Paying for the retest is what would kill me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Reggie. wrote: »
    Paying for the retest is what would kill me

If you don't retest in 21or 28 days can't remember which it's €110.

td5man wrote: »
    If you don't retest in 21or 28 days can't remember which it's €110.

That's it alright. It went up this year. Couldn't believe it when your man asked for 110 after the test as I was expecting the usual 90. Was bloody lucky to have it on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Mechanic did it, he checked it this morning before I went down and it left 2 equal marks 10 feet long on the road...

Ffs thats some load of balls then....

Zr105 wrote: »
    Ffs thats some load of balls then....

Indeed it is, It's the 45 quid for the retest that's killing me. Was sure after all I had done it was just a formality doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Indeed it is, It's the 45 quid for the retest that's killing me. Was sure after all I had done it was just a formality doing it.

Whatever the crack is with brakes, I find it very hard to get through the test if they're renewed just before the test.....always something wrong

That's what ya get for assuming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I think a lot of problems with brakes is people not changing the brake fluid every two years like recomended. The fluid takes in water and seizes the pistons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

just had a phone call from the credit card company asking to verify payment for a small amount from an american company , this transaction wasn't verified by any card user

account now closed and new a/c, new cards & pin's will be issued ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

my dads jeep is a 96 isuzu trooper. Great jeep. need a good bit of work to get through the test. Thinking of buying a jeep intead of it , what do we avoid, in fairness he has that jeep 15 years:eek:

jt65 wrote: »
    just had a phone call from the credit card company asking to verify payment for a small amount from an american company , this transaction wasn't verified by any card user

account now closed and new a/c, new cards & pin's will be issued ,

Ya can't beat the card protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

whelan2 wrote: »
    my dads jeep is a 96 isuzu trooper. Great jeep. need a good bit of work to get through the test. Thinking of buying a jeep intead of it , what do we avoid, in fairness he has that jeep 15 years:eek:

a newer fresher trooper but only a 3.1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Test it and see what it needs, better off with the jeep you know instead of some mystery yoke. A newish one could depricate by 3 grand a year, a few hundred might sort his and it won't depreciate into nothing overnight, always a buyer for that model.

Odelay wrote: »
    Test it and see what it needs, better off with the jeep you know instead of some mystery yoke. A newish one could depricate by 3 grand a year, a few hundred might sort his and it won't depreciate into nothing overnight, always a buyer for that model.
    i have driven this jeep , i think it needs ALOT of work , alot of rattles and 4wd hard to engage etc

i have driven this jeep , i think it needs ALOT of work , alot of rattles and 4wd hard to engage etc

Is this the one ya bogged in the field :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The 4wd can be just the servo/electric switches down in front of the front axle (unless you mean the actual lever is stuck) Rear wheel bearings have a reputation for being a pig to change. Rust at the rear of the chassis is another culprit.

Is this the one ya bogged in the field :D
    no , never bogged this one, think i should have been a rally driver in another life. Nissan patrol is the one i love to bog

no , never bogged this one, think i should have been a rally driver in another life. Nissan patrol is the one i love to bog

Old shape one

Old shape one
    89 nissan patrol

89 nissan patrol

Was thinking of the older model. Looked like a WW2 willy jeep.

Was thinking of the older model. Looked like a WW2 willy jeep.
    ah i have had a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day today

ah i have had a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day today

Mmmmm ya dont say :rolleyes:

Is there anything more satisfying than mowing through a patch of maggots, with the shears?
    Hatefull little bastards.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Is there anything more satisfying than mowing through a patch of maggots, with the shears?

My favourite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

tis needed to cheer up all ye miserable bastards down them parts;)

Ah I'm only on holidays down here. That's why I notice it so much

Ps I find the people lovely down here ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Too quick for them, good dose of dip and lookit them squirm :D

Too quick for them, good dose of dip and lookit them squirm :D

Something a little evil about that

Something a little evil about that

They deserve it :cool:

They deserve it :cool:

Speak of the devil...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Just back, in time for the rain two. Great time had by all. Silage done in my absence!!! Mixed weather, some unreal thunder and lightening at night. One night you could hear the glasses in the press clinking with the vibrations. Visited some big food stores over there and not as much as one Irish product on the shelves. Half thought I might see kerrygold butter etc but none. Did I miss anything!!!!

• Advertisement

oh cooking a fry for tea, could smell it across the yard, only gave the machine a quick wash as i am starving now

oh cooking a fry for tea, could smell it across the yard, only gave the machine a quick wash as i am starving now

Poor moo cows are being abandoned :D

Poor moo cows are being abandoned :D
    superquinn sausages take priority here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

superquinn sausages take priority here

Superquinn sausages always take priority :D

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Just back, in time for the rain two. Great time had by all. Silage done in my absence!!! Mixed weather, some unreal thunder and lightening at night. One night you could hear the glasses in the press clinking with the vibrations. Visited some big food stores over there and not as much as one Irish product on the shelves. Half thought I might see kerrygold butter etc but none. Did I miss anything!!!!

SFA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Have often got smell of 'da fry' here. Presumed it from neighbours. One evening the aroma was very mouth watering. Happened to be talking to them and mentioned it. Told me they not have a fry for over a week. Imagination getting the better of me!!

Bit of homemade potato bread fried after the rasher and a tomato os some tasteI
    Or homemade brown bread fried in tbe same if you want a decent cholesterol boost

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Lads what's the deal with not being able to post pictures due to being a new user, when I had no prob posting them before.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Lads what's the deal with not being able to post pictures due to being a new user, when I had no prob posting them before.?

U need 25 posts to be able

Have often got smell of 'da fry' here. Presumed it from neighbours. One evening the aroma was very mouth watering. Happened to be talking to them and mentioned it. Told me they not have a fry for over a week. Imagination getting the better of me!!

Or homemade brown bread fried in tbe same if you want a decent cholesterol boost

Don't forget the grain of salt on the fried brown bread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The limit is 50 posts, there was an issue a while back where someone created multiple accounts and posted illegal content on different forums.

In order to address the issue the quota was brought in in the hopes that the same would not occur again.

If you would like me to upload something for you I could do so if you PM'd me the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just back in after having a sh1te day between upset cattle and repairing fencing and rights of way.
    A neighbours bulling Lm heifer broke into ours last night (Thurs). She landed into a field of weanling calves and proceeded to barge her way through most of the farm and broke electric/barbed wire fences on her mission. To make matters worse, the calves followed her and mixed with other batches of calves :mad:
    This afternoon we managed to separate her and put her into a pen. I spent the early afternoon trying to stop the bitch from trying to jump out over the gates until the owner came to collect her.
    We spent the evening trying to sort the mixed calves into their respective groups.
    Re- rights of way. Another neighbour that buys some turf from our bank decided to draw some of his turf home on Wed and Thurs. Another neighbour altered us to what was going on.
    This guy has ploughed up the right of way to the bank with his new tractor and shiny new tyres with trailer.
    OH is not happy.
    My original plan for this evening was to have a barbecue but that went by the wind.

There isn't a rendering plant upwind of you, is there?

Base price wrote: »
    Just back in after having a sh1te day between upset cattle and repairing fencing and rights of way.
    A neighbours bulling Lm heifer broke into ours last night (Thurs). She landed into a field of weanling calves and proceeded to barge her way through most of the farm and broke electric/barbed wire fences on her mission. To make matters worse, the calves followed her and mixed with other batches of calves :mad:
    This afternoon we managed to separate her and put her into a pen. I spent the early afternoon trying to stop the bitch from trying to jump out over the gates until the owner came to collect her.
    We spent the evening trying to sort the mixed calves into their respective groups.
    Re- rights of way. Another neighbour that buys some turf from our bank decided to draw some of his turf home on Wed and Thurs. Another neighbour altered us to what was going on.
    This guy has ploughed up the right of way to the bank with his new tractor and shiny new tyres with trailer.
    OH is not happy.
    My original plan for this evening was to have a barbecue but that went by the wind.
    Nothing worse than the right of way getting ploughed up. We drew our turf home early one year and the neighbours used our empty bank as a road to their banks afterwards. Ploughed up the whole bank on us that year

local shop is up the road, some mornings you can smell the sausages and rashers being cooked, cereal doesnt taste the same when you have been smelling a fry for a while

local shop is up the road, some mornings you can smell the sausages and rashers being cooked, cereal doesnt taste the same when you have been smelling a fry for a while

Shut about the fry already....:( hard enough to get through this bowl of bran flakes as it is :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement