Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Reggie. wrote: »
    Shut about the fry already....:( hard enough to get through this bowl of bran flakes as it is :D

Bran flakes? Don't make me jealous. It 'india buck' here (porridge made with indian meal/ground maize) here with cold water. (Skim milk on a sunday):o

Was the thing years ago my grandmother used to say. And if it good enough for her.....

Breakfast be around 9 o clock if anyone interested. Bring your own water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Bran flakes? Don't make me jealous. It 'india buck' here (porridge made with indian meal/ground maize) here with cold water. (Skim milk on a sunday):o

Was the thing years ago my grandmother used to say. And if it good enough for her.....

I'd go hungry then eat that my misses is coeliac and I am nearly as bad haven't had a breakfast rool in yrs.it took a long time to get used to gluten free bread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Lads what's the deal with not being able to post pictures due to being a new user, when I had no prob posting them before.?

Tell us who you were previously and we will tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Shut about the fry already....:( hard enough to get through this bowl of bran flakes as it is :D

Fry is only thing after a feed of swill the night before nom nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Jesus life is for living, why be torturing yourself with that stuff :p:p
    naughto wrote: »
    I'd go hungry then eat that my misses is coeliac and I am nearly as bad haven't had a breakfast rool in yrs.it took a long time to get used to gluten free bread

Friend of mine is coeliac, was finding it very expensive to get quite frankly crap food over here, lives in the us now and the food is good and better priced. I had sandwiches made on gluten free bread over there and they were grand, even the gluten free pasta is actually quite nice over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Only thing you can get in chipper her is chips everything else has wheat in it like chicken burgers etc right pain in the hole.
    Have half a notion to set up a gluten free food shop with the amount of people with coeliac disease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Only thing you can get in chipper her is chips everything else has wheat in it like chicken burgers etc right pain in the hole.
    Have half a notion to set up a gluten free food shop with the amount of people with coeliac disease

A lot of coeliac sufferers make their own bread with corn/rice flour etc as it was a lot cheaper. It is an annoyance eating out though, although I have noticed a lot of restaurants now have symbols on menus to signify they are gluten free/lactose free/vegetarian etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

had to buy a dishwasher there , haggled in power city and got one down from 360 to 310, when we got it home there was no power supply lead or pipe for the back:mad::mad: had to go back

.Kovu. wrote: »
    A lot of coeliac sufferers make their own bread with corn/rice flour etc as it was a lot cheaper. It is an annoyance eating out though, although I have noticed a lot of restaurants now have symbols on menus to signify they are gluten free/lactose free/vegetarian etc.
    often wondered are they actually what they say on the menu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have a friend who became Coeliac in her 20's. Bit of a disaster cause she was a pastry chef, and eventually had to give up that line of work.

On the plus side, she is adamant that the only safe food for a coeliac are Cadbury's Flakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    had to buy a dishwasher there , haggled in power city and got one down from 360 to 310, when we got it home there was no power supply lead or pipe for the back:mad::mad: had to go back

Did he charge ya the 50 for the lead

ha ha , no he just took one out of another dishwasher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

You should be asking did Whelan charge for the diesel.

Hey naughto, there's a Jersey Bull running in the 16.05 at Haydock :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

You must be lucky so! All the local chippers throw the onion rings, battered sausages, and fish into the same oil which means its a no no for my friend as all the batters contain gluten,

• Advertisement

That costa rica goalie is fanfastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Drogheda utd could do with him:D. I'd love to see this go to penalties and Costa Rica win.

tanko wrote: »
    Drogheda utd could do with him:D. I'd love to see this go to penalties and Costa Rica win.

Tis more than a goalie they need, hope the Dutch win, better semi final

Would you like Liverpool to buy him with some of the money they get for Suarez

just ran home to watch the penalties:D hope costa rica win

• Advertisement

just ran home to watch the penalties:D hope costa rica win

From where the toy boys

From where the toy boys
    ah no fun there any more his girl friend is pregnant and he's under pressure:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

1-0 costa rica

Would you like Liverpool to buy him with some of the money they get for Suarez

fook

Hope Van Haall can be as good a tactician for utd next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Middling enough aul fare the soccer.

Ennis was where it's at today :-)

Sorry for Costa Rica but 4 best teams are in semi finals

What was in Ennis then, an orgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Hurling has to be the best field game in the world.

What was in Ennis then, an orgy

Of sorts. A lot of lads got wood.

• Advertisement

The show piece of world soccer and it ends up with 4 middling teams left.

I telling ye, turn off the sound and look at most of them games and you'd go into a coma.
    It's 95% bull with the odd flash of decency.

:-)

And don't get me started on goal keepers. Punching balls a junior footballer would catch of a wet day.
    A big hullabaloo when a high ball is caught in the square. Do people not realise the keeper is the only one allowed use his hands? Shur how could he miss?

The show piece of world soccer and it ends up with 4 middling teams left.

I telling ye, turn off the sound and look at most of them games and you'd go into a coma.
    It's 95% bull with the odd flash of decency.

:-)

Ah now you can't be saying that! I completely object.

The poor bulls are mortified with that comparison:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Anyone heading to the show in Ennis tomorrow ?

Just in from a long day of guntering....Bloody wrecked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Delighted that the Netherlands won tonight - I have 20 quid on them to win the World Cup. Although sorry to see Costa Rica gone. I thought that they might have won on penalties.
    Heading to Croke Park tomorrow to cheer on the Dubs in the Leinster hurling final :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got a loan of a neighbours silage trailer; going round a bend the inside wheel clipped the bank and put it over to a 45 degree angle. Unfortunately a poorly placed tree caught it and tore the entire side off. :(
    Been straightening and welding half the day. Another 3 hours should do it..........

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Got a loan of a neighbours silage trailer; going round a bend the inside wheel clipped the bank and put it over to a 45 degree angle. Unfortunately a poorly placed tree caught it and tore the entire side off. :(
    Been straightening and welding half the day. Another 3 hours should do it..........

Oh nasty :eek:

Base price wrote: »
    Delighted that the Netherlands won tonight - I have 20 quid on them to win the World Cup. Although sorry to see Costa Rica gone. I thought that they might have won on penalties.
    Heading to Croke Park tomorrow to cheer on the Dubs in the Leinster hurling final :)

Go early and catch the minor match. Same teams in both. Can only be a good sign for Dublin hurling. Great work being done in the capital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Go early and catch the minor match. Same teams in both. Can only be a good sign for Dublin hurling. Great work being done in the capital.
    Driving to my brothers place (in Glasnevin) to park the jeep and have early lunch. I really hope we win tomorrow. As you say it would be great for hurling on a national level.
    Fingers crossed I will also get to our "derby" match with Meath on the 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Tell us who you were previously and we will tell you

What do you mean? My first couple of posts allowed me to post pics???

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

What do you mean? My first couple of posts allowed me to post pics???

He thinks you have re - registered under a new name. Obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

tanko wrote: »
    Hurling has to be the best field game in the world.

cracker of a game in Thurles as well ....up to the last 7 minutes

a lot to look forward to over the coming weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I was in Ennis. Exciting game, very close. Wexford are a serious team. Clare always play well in Ennis and lucky to get out alive.:(
    I agree with you on the Soccer. I was watching it with some relatives last night. Half were asleep before it was over.A bit of Jetlag but still.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

A lucky escape, we are a pale shadow of the team we were last year. Most of the lads seemed like they were burned out to be honest. Awful touch, cleaned out in the air, half heartedly going for loose ball, wayward shooting and I didn't on any occasion see 3 or 4 Clare lads closing down the man in possession like they did with such intensity last year. Only for Conor McGrath we were out yesterday! Hard to take away any positives from it and Wexford deserved to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Looking a bit of advice folks,

Looking to pick up a bale handler for the front end loader, like the idea of the ones with the two rollers that you can move apart and also take the rollers off leaving spikes. Whats the difference in makes like fleming mchale etc? Are any one better or worse? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

C0N0R wrote: »
    Looking a bit of advice folks,

Looking to pick up a bale handler for the front end loader, like the idea of the ones with the two rollers that you can move apart and also take the rollers off leaving spikes. Whats the difference in makes like fleming mchale etc? Are any one better or worse? Cheers
    Prodig.
    Make brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Prodig.
    Make brilliant stuff

What are they like price wise? Do they have dealers or sell direct?

C0N0R wrote: »
    What are they like price wise? Do they have dealers or sell direct?

Don't know now tbh. Bit there roller stackers are the mutts nuts. They have the ram on bottom instead if on top.
    Much stronger

http://www.donedeal.ie/feedingequipment-for-sale/prodig-bale-handlers/5680175
    Neighbour has dung fork off them. .well worth the few extra quid

http://www.donedeal.ie/feedingequipment-for-sale/prodig-bale-handlers/5680175
    Neighbour has dung fork off them. .well worth the few extra quid

Nice bale squeezer there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement