Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Reggie. wrote: »
    Nice bale squeezer there.

If we buy a new stacker thats what will buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

If we buy a new stacker thats what will buy

Bale squeezer are better than the tube one imo. Might upgrade next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Why are bale squeezers better do you say Reggie? You mean soft hands aye? I like the versatility of the rollers ones especially as the only thing we have for the loader at the moment is a sheer grab

C0N0R wrote: »
    Why are bale squeezers better do you say Reggie? You mean soft hands aye? I like the versatility of the rollers ones especially as the only thing we have for the loader at the moment is a sheer grab

Less chance of tearing or spiking the bale. Can lift up two bales on there ends to get 4 or 5 high. Easier to lift off a trailer when loaded on their ends. Worked both and only use the soft hands. A bale spike can be got cheap enough separately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Id agree with Reggie, a spike is easy got cheap, and your not wearing out the handler for the sake of it.

We have both a mchale roller type and the soft hand type, i quite like the soft hand if loading a trailer or stacking hayledge on ends, but find we use the roller type more for just doing silage in the round. As it means you have a bit more reach rather than having to have the stacker dumped out fully when trying to reach in across.

With the roller type personally id rather the mchale or rossmore/Connor over the Fleming as the first 2( Connor and rossmore are the same handler) have a decent back plate so if you shove against a bale it has a bit more surface hitting it, and thats after using all 3 of above.

I would agree with gg tho looked at prodig the other day in dealers and its a fair lump of stuff but thought it might be a bit heavy on smaller tractor loader

Zr105 wrote: »
    Id agree with Reggie, a spike is easy got cheap, and your not wearing out the handler for the sake of it.

We have both a mchale roller type and the soft hand type, i quite like the soft hand if loading a trailer or stacking hayledge on ends, but find we use the roller type more for just doing silage in the round. As it means you have a bit more reach rather than having to have the stacker dumped out fully when trying to reach in across.

With the roller type personally id rather the mchale or rossmore/Connor over the Fleming as the first 2( Connor and rossmore are the same handler) have a decent back plate so if you shove against a bale it has a bit more surface hitting it, and thats after using all 3 of above.

I would agree with gg tho looked at prodig the other day in dealers and its a fair lump of stuff but thought it might be a bit heavy on smaller tractor loader
    That's what I'd be afraid of. How heavy would you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

All were going to use it for is taking a second bale in from the field and just stacking one ontop of the other, wont be stacking much higher than that and we dont use bale trailers or anything. What are the soft hands like for travelling with a bale? Would the extra weight be much? Its going on a 90hp landini.

We wouldn't make a savage amount of bales either just bits and pieces of second cut and strong paddocks.

They could be 300kgs.
    I hate the McHale stacking straw. Curse of a yok. Pick two bakes up and the roll all over the place.
    With the prodig that can't happen as ram is on bottom

http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/bale-clamps/6732184

What would ya make of this one. I like the way it let's the bale into the loader so less pressure on it

All were going to use it for is taking a second bale in from the field and just stacking one ontop of the other, wont be stacking much higher than that and we dont use bale trailers or anything. What are the soft hands like for travelling with a bale? Would the extra weight be much? Its going on a 90hp landini.

We wouldn't make a savage amount of bales either just bits and pieces of second cut and strong paddocks.

The squeezers ain't the best for carrying bales

• Advertisement

They could be 300kgs.
    I hate the McHale stacking straw. Curse of a yok. Pick two bakes up and the roll all over the place.
    With the prodig that can't happen as ram is on bottom

Way heavier green most of them are near 500kg

I did read the plate on it and i think it was listed but cant remember now, but it'd be a fair bit heavier than the mchale...

For what your looking to do Conor id stick with the mchale or the likes, should be able to get one of them for around 1k, soft hands would generally be a bit more i think.

Actually the goweil is the daddy of them really, rollers are on bearings and the 2 legs have a link between them so that they have to open and close At the same rate, they'd be a rare yoke here tho, and think at the time we got the mchale they were over 1600....

http://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/bale-clamps/6732184

What would ya make of this one. I like the way it let's the bale into the loader so less pressure on it

Doesn't look to bad infairness and the money is good on it, looks like the one glanbia are giving away in the draw if you but 10 rolls of wrap

I like the way the pipes are tied at the top. Tidy job

I did read the plate on it and i think it was listed but cant remember now, but it'd be a fair bit heavier than the mchale...

For what your looking to do Conor id stick with the mchale or the likes, should be able to get one of them for around 1k, soft hands would generally be a bit more i think.

Actually the goweil is the daddy of them really, rollers are on bearings and the 2 legs have a link between them so that they have to open and close At the same rate, they'd be a rare yoke here tho, and think at the time we got the mchale they were over 1600....
    Can't find anything like that on there site

Looks like it has springs to stop the "hands" swinging loosely to! Well built anyways!

I like the way the pipes are tied at the top. Tidy job

New project for ye :D

Can't find anything like that on there site

I not 100% the weight was on it but I'm nearly certain it was, but either way its a fair lump of steel!

New project for ye :D

Oh I've a few to finish up first

• Advertisement

I not 100% the weight was on it but I'm nearly certain it was, but either way its a fair lump of steel!

Oh no the goweil. Can't find the handler you were talking about

Oh no the goweil. Can't find the handler you were talking about

This is the one i meant, have used one a good bit and its a very steady, although i personally would prefer a solid back plate rather than the 2 hoops, we had to tape over the bolts that hold in the pins as they could rip the plastic,

Help if i added the link;

http://www.webbline.co.nz/new-machinery/bale-clamps-and-handling-equipment/goweil-round-bale-transport-lifter

Don't know if I'd like it

Fair lump of a yoke

Fair lump of a yoke

Ye bit ignorant looking the McHale us very tidy

• Advertisement

You can buy my one if I decide to sell it :D

Its connected to a large loader too so it's fairly large I bet

You can buy my one if I decide to sell it :D

Soft hands?

Soft hands?

Yeah

Everyone must be watching that bloody GAA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Tennis 15 love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Naw I was out having dinner. Returned home to find a cat chasing a starling round the house that he had brought in the window. :pac:

I said wrote: »
    Tennis 15 love

Worse again :D

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Naw I was out having dinner. Returned home to find a cat chasing a starling round the house that he had brought in the window. :pac:

Mad house as usual there Kovu :D

Mad house as usual there Kovu :D

Be grand. Needed something for the tea later anyway:cool:

Worse again :D

At least British Grand Prix is over formula 1 gone to the dogs these days.

At least British Grand Prix is over formula 1 gone to the dogs these days.

That we terrible too. Whoever leads the first lap usually won it. Boring

That we terrible too. Whoever leads the first lap usually won it. Boring

Yeah some amount of ****e classed as sport gets a lot of air time these days.

Yeah some amount of ****e classed as sport gets a lot of air time these days.

Even their own channel

Doesn't look to bad infairness and the money is good on it, looks like the one glanbia are giving away in the draw if you but 10 rolls of wrap

Here's one more for ya ZR

http://www.donedeal.ie/silagegrabs-for-sale/heavy-duty-round-bale-grab-stacker/6879527

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Be grand. Needed something for the tea later anyway:cool:

Did you end up with the cat or the sparrow for the tea:confused:

You had to ask

Cat stuffed with starling:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

You had to ask

I would of disappointed myself if I hadn't.
    I am more than a little bit crazy at this stage. It what keeps me sane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Reading about various cheese on Wikipedia, on Feta now, all Greek islands, olives, fresh herbs, sunshine..... Talk about self torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Pudsey you dark horse, you kept that fierce quiet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Cat stuffed with starling:pac:

Ah yes the one bird cat roast , a treat in Leitrim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

What's going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

[modsnip]

and ruined my hour on farm simulator also:eek:

• Advertisement

Calm yer frillies lakill :P

Farming simulator? Is there not enough outside the door for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement