Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Reggie. wrote: »

Wouldn't be as keen on that one to be honest, dont like the way it's all boxed in around the ram, i prefer our own one as its completely open so if your carrying a bale with it dumped you can look out through the gap and not have to lift it up stupid high to look under it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

wooohhooooo I survived :D.

now the challenge of trying to prove who I am :rolleyes:. any suggestions?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

now the challenge of trying to prove who I am :rolleyes:. any suggestions?:cool:

Don't push your luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Character witnesses.

(Available for a nominal fee)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Twitter pic?
    :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Zr105 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be as keen on that one to be honest, dont like the way it's all boxed in around the ram, i prefer our own one as its completely open so if your carrying a bale with it dumped you can look out through the gap and not have to lift it up stupid high to look under it
    Good point there and the paddles seem a little small

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Calm yer frillies lakill :P

Farming simulator? Is there not enough outside the door for you!

What did he do now :D:D

What did he do now :D:D

they want me to verify something i did 18 months :p

in reality its them wanting me to prove who I am. If only you knew who i was ;)

they want me to verify something i did 18 months :p

in reality its them wanting me to prove who I am. If only you knew who i was ;)

Ok, enough about lakill farm now.

Back to some chit chat about broken tractors, sunburn and cattle running rings around people :D

Ok, enough about lakill farm now.

Back to some chit chat about broken tractors, sunburn and cattle running rings around people :D

so how mobile are you on your 2 sticks :pac:

• Advertisement

so how mobile are you on your 2 sticks :pac:

Mobile enough that I haven't used them in a week as I have guntered enough with my cast to allow me to walk on it.

Next stop....hacksaw.:pac:

why not the chainsaw :p

why not the chainsaw :p

Because over the course of my life, I have become rather attached to my leg.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Because over the course of my life, I have become rather attached to my leg.:rolleyes:

Ah dont be worrying. ..it would grow back eventually

Mobile enough that I haven't used them in a week as I have guntered enough with my cast to allow me to walk on it.

Next stop....hacksaw.:pac:

I'm still waiting to see this camoflage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Ah Reggie, did you not see it. Kovu posted it couple of days ago but it so well camouflaged you must of missed it. All I'll say is I wish I had legs like that:D

You can wait a bit longer :P

All I'm seeing on my facebook these days is this! http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/cow-auctioneer-has-flow-1554637-Jul2014/

Poor PJ! And can name all the other poor fellas from the backs of their heads too.

Ah Reggie, did you not see it. Kovu posted it couple of days ago but it so well camouflaged you must of missed it. All I'll say is I wish I had legs like that:D

Sounds a bit like misdirection

Sounds a bit like misdirection

Is that one of those new boy bands? ;)

One direction missing the bits

• Advertisement

Don't be changing the subject :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

There you go Reggie, I think her toes are a bit freaky, but probably handy for the climbing..............:D

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    There you go Reggie, I think her toes are a bit freaky, but probably handy for the climbing..............:D

Ah ban in the works there :D

You can wait a bit longer :P

Poor PJ! And can name all the other poor fellas from the backs of their heads too.

Ah PJ.
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeed :D

sells granard monday evemning
    balladuff on a tuesday
    delvin on a thursday
    delvin weanling sales on a friday night

auld Drake lad is a good auctioneer also

Ah ban in the works there :D

Not my leg!

@lakill, the best is when he breaks into a song at the end of an animal being sold! He's a fierce man to break gavels though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Vessel on my water pump is gone. Only in ten years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

whelan2 wrote: »

Pumped some water to that powerhose though :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan2 wrote: »

Is it a vertical blue one? The flange on the bottom started leaking on ours and had to replace the whole lot.

Muckit wrote: »
    Is it a vertical blue one? The flange on the bottom started leaking on ours and had to replace the whole lot.
    no a white one, plastic wrapping still on it, 170 litres capacity, no way of emptying it. Told plumber to get one that can be emptied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

No sign of darragh_haven today.... Must be some serious drowning of sorrows after corks display yest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

No sign of darragh_haven today.... Must be some serious drowning of sorrows after corks display yest!!

I'm about alright. What can I say about that display tho. I wouldnt be great for going to games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Reading the sindo and they backed cork to beat kerry and Dublin to beat kilkenny, some experts they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Just in from mowing all day. 13.5 acres in a little over 4 hours with a 5'6" mower. Not bad going if I may say so myself. ****ing flies would drive ya soft though, gets a lot nicer to work as it gets later in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Damo810 wrote: »
    Just in from mowing all day. 13.5 acres in a little over 4 hours with a 5'6" mower. Not bad going if I may say so myself. ****ing flies would drive ya soft though, gets a lot nicer to work as it gets later in the evening.

Good man. Not bad going! What's the plan now? Wraps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I don't know if I should post this in the depression thread or not.
    In my case the financial **** has come into contact with the fan :mad:
    I cannot fully express the frustration that I feel with the farm representation bodies in particular the IFA.
    I have worked hard all of my nearly 50 years of life.
    Over the years I have worked part time farming and during that time ran a profitable pedigree/non pedigree suckler farm (80 cows + followers) additional with a profit making sport horse (ISH) enterprise.
    In conjunction with my ex husband we built up the farm and a comfortable family home through the recession in the late 80's early/mid 90's when interest rates climbed into the early 20%'s.
    I have reared and educated my sons well and they are a credit to me and their Dad :)
    However, here I am, heading towards my 50's and wondering where all that hard work has gone :(
    After several months of financial scrutiny with John (my partner and full time farmer) regarding the dismal factory prices of Oct 2013, I have come to the realisation that he (John) and I would be better off setting our respective lands and perusing a more profitable career of some type of alternative work :mad:
    Is this where the future of Irish farming is heading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Ah PJ.
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeed :D

sells granard monday evemning
    balladuff on a tuesday
    delvin on a thursday
    delvin weanling sales on a friday night

auld Drake lad is a good auctioneer also

Very good auctioneer in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Unfortunately base price, I think you're making the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Muckit wrote: »
    Good man. Not bad going! What's the plan now? Wraps?

Yes, probably Wednesday it'll get baled up, then onto muck and fert spreading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Almost a given that one person in the equation needs a job off the farm nowadays . Cash flow too irregular in most farming enterprises. (unless you're a Better farmer than the rest of us layabouts)

Base price wrote: »
    I don't know if I should post this in the depression thread or not.
    In my case the financial **** has come into contact with the fan :mad:
    I cannot fully express the frustration that I feel with the farm representation bodies in particular the IFA.
    I have worked hard all of my nearly 50 years of life.
    Over the years I have worked part time farming and during that time ran a profitable pedigree/non pedigree suckler farm (80 cows + followers) additional with a profit making sport horse (ISH) enterprise.
    In conjunction with my ex husband we built up the farm and a comfortable family home through the recession in the late 80's early/mid 90's when interest rates climbed into the early 20%'s.
    I have reared and educated my sons well and they are a credit to me and their Dad :)
    However, here I am, heading towards my 50's and wondering where all that hard work has gone :(
    After several months of financial scrutiny with John (my partner and full time farmer) regarding the dismal factory prices of Oct 2013, I have come to the realisation that he (John) and I would be better off setting our respective lands and perusing a more profitable career of some type of alternative work :mad:
    Is this where the future of Irish farming is heading?

If I could I would 'Thank' your post twice.

Even though our personal/family situation are very different we still have quite a bit in common regarding the way we feel we been treated. And it no consolation to say that you not the only one in a similar situation. I have worked hard, took the knocks, enjoyed the (few) highs and still feel that I've nothing to show for it.

It is very easy for people to tell you what to do. I won't, but I will tell you what not to do. Don't let it get you and your partner down. I did/have done and that's a total @#!@#^. And I KNOW that.:
    And sorry if that reads as a bit disheartening cos it not meant to be like that.

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Almost a given that one person in the equation needs a job off the farm nowadays . Cash flow too irregular in most farming enterprises. (unless you're a Better farmer than the rest of us layabouts)
    yes , unfortunately that is the case.At least you would have a gauranteed payment each week. We are all told to make 5 year plans , how can you make a realistic one when prices are so vulnerable. Hard to plan 6 months ahead never mind 5 years. Bp at least you do not have your head in the sand and are thinking of doing something about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Damo810 wrote: »

I can only manage 2 acres an hour with a 4ft6 on a 35x in high 1st

Dupont wrote: »
    I can only manage 2 acres an hour with a 4ft6 on a 35x in high 1st

To me that a better post than someone saying they can do, say, 10 acres an hour with a 10 ft mower and 150 hp 4wd tractor and often times the land owner sitting on tractor with contractor.
    On a proportionate basis h.p./mower size/labour/money invested you are streets fields ahead in my opinion.
    Time is relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Girlfriends 21st on Saturday. Have gotten here a new windows tablet and charms for her bracelet.
    Any other small things I could get seeing as its her 21st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Girlfriends 21st on Saturday. Have gotten here a new windows tablet and charms for her bracelet.

Get down on your knee and give her a small ring!!! Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Get down on your knee and give her a small ring!!! Ha

Haha..........no

Christ, where were you when I turned 21?

Pandora charms I'm guessing so she's into silver more than gold. Maybe a nice earrings/necklace set.
    Or what would be lovely is a nice photo of the two of you in a silver frame or something.

The key is also the symbol of turning 21, give her the key to your house:p

(or the dairy)

Que the answers :eek: -

I bought the then Ms Lakill a Kayak and something else

When i was 21 she got me a few 1/32 scale britains sheds :D

Christ, where were you when I turned 21?

Pandora charms I'm guessing so she's into silver more than gold. Maybe a nice earrings/necklace set.
    Or what would be lovely is a nice photo of the two of you in a silver frame or something.

The key is also the symbol of turning 21, give her the key to your house:p

(or the dairy)

Or just give her "one" ;)

Wife mad for a belted Galloway cow for the front field...says there like a panda with hoves

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement