Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »
    We did the time of the foot and mouth. Funny watching the white fluffy things off in the distance fly into the air :D

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

.Kovu. wrote: »
    :(

Had to be done. We had sniper teams out aswell after the deer

Normally they are taken off the ranges beforehand tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Not only that. They are getting kicked out of the army over there and joining up here

Seriously? would they not have to start as cadets? Is the Army hiring?

Is the Steyr AUG batter than the SA80?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Seriously? would they not have to start as cadets? Is the Army hiring?

Is the Steyr AUG batter than the SA80?

Yeah joining up as recruits. Steyr is far superior to the sa80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Yeah joining up as recruits. Steyr is far superior to the sa80

Great that someone made such a radical decision back 10 years ago or whenever, and also got the result so right! We usually throw the baby out with the bathwater, and then have to abandon the chosen decusion a few years later, so, nice to have got this choice of slr right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

was reading there where some one had money on 7-1 result of the brazil game at 500/1:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

whelan2 wrote: »
    was reading there where some one had money on 7-1 result of the brazil game at 500/1:eek:

What? How would you even think a score like that would be possible..
    Big pay day

What? How would you even think a score like that would be possible..
    Big pay day

Not quite a milk cheque tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Not quite a milk cheque tho :D

Maybe they put there milk cheque on Germany.

Put €20 on them myself. 😀

• Advertisement

td5man wrote: »

You'll buy a few cows with that :D

You'll buy a few cows with that :D

F*** that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

F*** that.
    Ah, so its sheep you're buying...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Do like a lot of betting men and put the whole thing on another match and triple your money again, couldn't go wrong sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

simx wrote: »
    Do like a lot of betting men and put the whole thing on another match and triple your money again, couldn't go wrong sure :D

Safe as houses that strategy!

........Oh, wait..............

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

just landed in dubai,

my bet on Germany came in last night,

going meeting a shiek to look at a new bull

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Got text this morning as follows: D/Agriculture: Thanks for your mobile/email update. We will alert you re key issues, Scheme closing dates, payments etc.

Can't recall sending any text or email to the dept. lately....anyone get a similar text or know what this is about??

What is this?

What is this?

Dragon fly.
    A harmless yoke.
    Nice to look at actually. Get loads of different colours

Dragon fly.
    A harmless yoke.
    Nice to look at actually. Get loads of different colours
    was thinking thats what it "was", it was on the front of oh's lorry

• Advertisement

Parishlad wrote: »
    Got text this morning as follows: D/Agriculture: Thanks for your mobile/email update. We will alert you re key issues, Scheme closing dates, payments etc.

Can't recall sending any text or email to the dept. lately....anyone get a similar text or know what this is about??
    when you filled in your sfp did you give your mobile number?

was thinking thats what it "was", it was on the front of oh's lorry

Buried into the grill ya mean :D

It'd be a safer bet than GG's suggestion.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Got the very same. Don't recall changing anything

Did anyone get a text confirming receipt of your sfp application?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

just landed in dubai,

my bet on Germany came in last night,

going meeting a shiek to look at a new bull

On d way there too , in the busisness lounge in dublin airport. The guy at the door said, so its ur first time here ya?

Did anyone get a text confirming receipt of your sfp application?
    everyone goes and checks their phone:) on agfood you can see when it was submitted

everyone goes and checks their phone:) on agfood you can see when it was submitted

Thought I got a text last year, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

when you filled in your sfp did you give your mobile number?

I'm sure I did. The text is a bit out of the blue though and not very specific as to what it relates to. Seems like I'm not the only one that got it so probably related to sfp or something along those lines...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

I think they used your mobile number from the SFP application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

The whole Issue of the sfp changes with the tax exemption for entitlement sales came across poor enuv on the news at one I thought

Any way of keeping earwigs out of the house? We've a developing problem here in the last week, came to a head about 10 mins ago when the young one drank one in that was hiding in a straw, some scream! Got clothes pegs on any open bag of food, still checking everything as we use it, pain in the behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Any way of keeping earwigs out of the house? We've a developing problem here in the last week, came to a head about 10 mins ago when the young one drank one in that was hiding in a straw, some scream! Got clothes pegs on any open bag of food, still checking everything as we use it, pain in the behind.

Just keep them out of your behind and you'll be alright!!

visatorro wrote: »
    Just keep them out of your behind and you'll be alright!!

They haven't met a biological weapon like it.

They haven't met a biological weapon like it.

Most countries haven't never mind the earwigs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was anything taken in from outside just before they appeared? I took a sign from outside (:pac:) into my room one and the little buggers had been hidden in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Another cow with mastitis today, 3 this week so far, suppose it's the time of year for it

Another cow with mastitis today, 3 this week so far, suppose it's the time of year for it
    milkers or sucklers?

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Was anything taken in from outside just before they appeared? I took a sign from outside (:pac:) into my room one and the little buggers had been hidden in it.

No, same routine as always. Windows are often open and might have to keep a better eye on length of washing outside maybe, don't know a lot about them.

Most countries haven't never mind the earwigs :D

Bought 24 litres of cloudy apple juice in Lidl this afternoon so in three months time the difference will be heeeeeeeeeuge.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

No, same routine as always. Windows are often open and might have to keep a better eye on length of washing outside maybe, don't know a lot about them.

Are there any cracks around the footpaths or holes around doors or pipes ?

moy83 wrote: »
    Are there any cracks around the footpaths or holes around doors or pipes ?

Will have a look in the morning. I know there was a rubber seal taken off the door last year as it was impossible to open. Can also see a very small crack of daylight through the bottom of the door itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Will have a look in the morning. I know there was a rubber seal taken off the door last year as it was impossible to open. Can also see a very small crack of daylight through the bottom of the door itself.

They could be sneaking in around there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

About 7 or 8 years ago out of the blue we were suddenly inundated with them although from memory it was in the Autumn time of the year.
    A sprinkling of lime around the footpaths of the house will stop new ones coming in unless they are getting in through cracks in your paths.
    Other than that, catch the resident ones and evict them ;)

so argentina or holland?

Latest lad was hiding in a drinking straw. Had one scrambling out of Rice Krispies the last night and the first lad emerged from bread when I was making French Toast.

Starting to wonder is there much protein in the feckers at this rate of hinting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

so argentina or holland?
    Holland. They have always been my international team - other than when Ireland was playing in the same tournament.

Any tech wizes out there that know if I bought a second sky box and connected it to satellite could I watch two different channels in different room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

so argentina or holland?

Argentina to win...messi in fine form at the moment

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement