Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Any tech wizes out there that know if I bought a second sky box and connected it to satellite could I watch two different channels in different room?

If you connect it to the dish you will get free to air channels in the other room or you will have to get a second card if you want the paid channels, don't know how much extra it costs to get sky multiroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Any tech wizes out there that know if I bought a second sky box and connected it to satellite could I watch two different channels in different room?

Have you a 2nd sky card for the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

If you connect it to the dish you will get free to air channels in the other room or you will have to get a second card if you want the paid channels, don't know how much extra it costs to get sky multiroom.
    Do you have to run a wire to the second set of aerial sockets on the dish first?

5live wrote: »
    Do you have to run a wire to the second set of aerial sockets on the dish first?

You have to run a wire straight from the box to the lnb on the dish, our lnb has 4 ports on it but some only have 1 but they can be changed cheap enough. I think it has to be coax cable you use aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Argentina to win...messi in fine form at the moment

Holland to win if van persie plays and Holland to beat the German's

You have to run a wire straight from the box to the lnb on the dish, our lnb has 4 ports on it but some only have 1 but they can be changed cheap enough. I think it has to be coax cable you use aswell.

The sky plus ones have 4. Will u not need a decoder as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Any idea what channels I'll get? E4 and the film 4 and the likes? Dont watch much else tbh.
    There's 4 ports on my dish. Have no second card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Speaking of techie heads - does anyone know how to post pictures to boards from a Windows phone. I got a new phone 2 weeks ago and apparently since it is windows 8.1 it will not interface with my laptop which is windows 7. Apparently I need to upgrade my laptop to windows 8 which carries an upgrade cost :mad:
    I cannot figure out how to post photo's on boards from this phone or for that matter, the previous one :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

naughto wrote: »

Nah coax cable from lnb straight to box will get you the free view channels, an extra card you get all the channels, have a feeling its €15 a month for extra cards?

• Advertisement

Zr105 wrote: »
    Nah coax cable from lnb straight to box will get you the free view channels, an extra card you get all the channels, have a feeling its €15 a month for extra cards?

Is that just sky multi room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

i am now feeling old... have an invitation to a 50th and a 60th birthday party on the same night... the logisitics and a babysitter have my head melted:cool: i want to go to the 2 of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Argentina to win...messi in fine form at the moment

One excellent player does not a team make. I'm up for the Netherlands! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    so argentina or holland?

Here in France and the Dutch are up the walls with excitement. Orange flags, bunting and kit everywhere.
    Haven't seen any of the games at all and nearly cried when I saw the Brazil result as they were my last home in the sweeps.

Any idea what channels I'll get? E4 and the film 4 and the likes? Dont watch much else tbh.
    There's 4 ports on my dish. Have no second card

Ya u will def get channel. 4 , e4 and film 4. Pull the card out of the sky box and go through the channels and you will know what ones you get for free!

naughto wrote: »

For regular sky you only bring one piece of coax from the lnb on the dish to each box.

• Advertisement

Is there any Farm planners on here lads? The girlfriend is being offered a fairly good opportunity to get into it with an established planner. I'm wondering is there much of a future in it? She is in an ok job at the moment completely unrelated to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Base price wrote: »
    Speaking of techie heads - does anyone know how to post pictures to boards from a Windows phone. I got a new phone 2 weeks ago and apparently since it is windows 8.1 it will not interface with my laptop which is windows 7. Apparently I need to upgrade my laptop to windows 8 which carries an upgrade cost :mad:
    I cannot figure out how to post photo's on boards from this phone or for that matter, the previous one :o

Not specifically, but can you email from your phone? If so email yourself with the picture the pick it up at home from your email account and ul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Base price wrote: »

I have a windows phone and use photobucket to post pictures. Download the app from the store. Have to wait until august for the 8.1 update :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Second cut silage in the pit. Pit covered. Just baling strong paddocks from here on.......

Now, Scotland in the morning. .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Game not great but great views in the stands, like a big wet t shirt competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Game not great but great views in the stands, like a big wet t shirt competition

Can the teams bring on three subs in ET if they've brought on three subs in ordinary time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Is there any Farm planners on here lads? The girlfriend is being offered a fairly good opportunity to get into it with an established planner. I'm wondering is there much of a future in it? She is in an ok job at the moment completely unrelated to it.

I dont know what the money is like but they are busy beevers around here .
    What makes up most of their work I wonder ? If all the SFP and schemes dwindle away after a few years what there be for them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

Can the teams bring on three subs in ET if they've brought on three subs in ordinary time??

No. It's the same game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

No. 3 in total. And unlike GAA if you're down to 10 men you stay down. In GAA the extra time is regarded as a new game and you go back up to 15 men if you'd had a lad sent off.

towzer2010 wrote: »
    No. It's the same game

Van gal will be sticking with lad in goals for the game for peno's so....

Saw on Agriland where Gerry Boyle from Teagasc says they are scaling back on doing GLAS and SFP because of staff shortages. Might mean more business

Van gal will be sticking with lad in goals for the game for peno's so....

He's already warming up I'd say

You're right. Missed the last sub some how.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

No. 3 in total. And unlike GAA if you're down to 10 men you stay down. In GAA the extra time is regarded as a new game and you go back up to 15 men if you'd had a lad sent off.

Silly game that;)

How's the sledgehammer

moy83 wrote: »
    I dont know what the money is like but they are busy beevers around here .
    What makes up most of their work I wonder ? If all the SFP and schemes dwindle away after a few years what there be for them ?

Sfp, aeos and BFCP around here I suppose at the moment. I couldn't see all the schemes dwindling away, the money that's out of them will be ever decreasing though I would imagine. I know we are giving our planner the guts of 1k a year to keep us in everything. There's a good bit of work in the BFCP plan though.

He's already warming up I'd say

You're right. Missed the last sub some how.

Dunphy just informed us that the Dutch keeper has never saved a penalty!

• Advertisement

Saw on Agriland where Gerry Boyle from Teagasc says they are scaling back on doing GLAS and SFP because of staff shortages. Might mean more business

Ya I think it was con who said that on here a week or two ago and reckoned there would be a shortage of planners not willing to take on Glas plans in his area. No harm looking into it anyway, it's what she studied in college for but she has moved up the ladder a bit in her current job in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Silly game that;)

How's the sledgehammer

Bit sore :)

Dunphy just informed us that the Dutch keeper has never saved a penalty!

Ya but how many keepers get to dribble past Sergio Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Ya I think it was con who said that on here a week or two ago and reckoned there would be a shortage of planners not willing to take on Glas plans in his area. No harm looking into it anyway, it's what she studied in college for but she has moved up the ladder a bit in her current job in the meantime.

Depends on a number of things now I guess. I think there's money in GLAS for 50k farmers, whether 50K farmers will try to get in is another question so that's one thing. Next is as said Teagasc aren't going to be doing GLAS plans, private planners capacity guesstimate is somewhere between 10-15k a year. Also with Teagasc backing away from SFP there's more work for private planners.

There will be work, more work for them willing to travel I imagine. How long that work lasts, and how concentrated it will be in her geographical area are other things to consider.

If the job she's in now is secure and well paid.......... that's another headache :D

Oh yes, another unrelated nugget for informational purposes. I heard anyone in ANY version of GLAS cannot legally be stopped from going into GLAS.

Outsourcing from government/public bodies to the private sector is rising and is going to increase IMO. In my job I see anything that can be outsourced is being considered and I'd say Teagasc will be no different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

whelan2 wrote: »
    milkers or sucklers?

Fr dry cows

Depends on a number of things now I guess. I think there's money in GLAS for 50k farmers, whether 50K farmers will try to get in is another question so that's one thing. Next is as said Teagasc aren't going to be doing GLAS plans, private planners capacity guesstimate is somewhere between 10-15k a year. Also with Teagasc backing away from SFP there's more work for private planners.

There will be work, more work for them willing to travel I imagine. How long that work lasts, and how concentrated it will be in her geographical area are other things to consider.

If the job she's in now is secure and well paid.......... that's another headache :D

Oh yes, another unrelated nugget for informational purposes. I heard anyone in ANY version of GLAS cannot legally be stopped from going into GLAS.
    Hard to beat a steady job . One of them dept of ag jobs would be a great one if she could get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Zr105 wrote: »

Have just free channels in extra sky box in bedroom, does grand for bedtime Telly, nearly do for all the Telly I do watch anyway, easy to set up, I bought a 4 port adaptor for dish on eBay, coax wire and connectors there too, one coax wire ran straight to box, plug it in, think there's a certain way to turn on for first time, I googled that and bobs your uncle, simple really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Silly game that;)

How's the sledgehammer
    Charlie/Genghis, I'm worried about ye, between pearl necklaces and sledge hammers....what are ye up to!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ah, there goes charliebulls €20 on Holland.:(

Hard to beat a steady job . One of them dept of ag jobs would be a great one if she could get in

Ah stop, that'd be like giving a good worker a coco job ;)

Her current job is secure alright but the wage is average enough and the hours aren't the most flexible. There's a local lad here doing a lot of work up your side too!

Her current job is secure alright but the wage is average enough and the hours aren't the most flexible. There's a local lad here doing a lot of work up your side too!

What's his name? (PM)

Ah stop, that'd be like giving a good worker a coco job ;)

Lads like you couldn't be moulded for the co co jobs , you're too far gone :D

Is it Tarpey ?

• Advertisement

Lads like you couldn't be moulded for the co co jobs , you're too far gone :D

If by moulded you mean filling out to nurse a shovel then I thank my lucky stars :D

Are they allowed lift shovels these days?

Is it Tarpey ?
    Doubt its him, he's on right side of the border!!! (the Galway site for those in doubt)

If by moulded you mean filling out to nurse a shovel then I thank my lucky stars :D

No H&S will not allow it....you need a digger!!!!

Is it Tarpey ?

Nope!

Only allowed use them as a crutch to help themselves stand up after sitting for a prolonged period :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement