Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    No H&S will not allow it....you need a digger!!!!

Seen lads on coco diggers, if H&S seen them they'd prescribe stabiliser wheels or fire the shovel back at the fairly quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭Base price

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Ah, there goes charliebulls €20 on Holland.:(
    My €20 has also gone down the same tube :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Base price wrote: »
    My €20 has also gone down the same tube :eek:

I haven't bet on anything since a horse named Carnaross romped away to win at 50-1 for me last week :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Charlie/Genghis, I'm worried about ye, between pearl necklaces and sledge hammers....what are ye up to!!!!

I'm getting worried myself.

How was France? I'm sure ya had a blast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

CM Your inbox is full. Clear her out there a bit, if ya still have that shovel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

CM Your inbox is full. Clear her out there a bit, if ya still have that shovel.

Should have room now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ah, there goes charliebulls €20 on Holland.:(

It's ok, i also have half a weanling on the fatherland, (Germany)

Charlie/Genghis, I'm worried about ye, between pearl necklaces and sledge hammers....what are ye up to!!!!

It's ok mac, genghis took out his sledgehammer to make a pearl necklace, he was swinging it that hard he broke the shaft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

naughto wrote: »
    Is that just sky multi room

I think, and i could be wrong, that its an extra €15 per room ontop of whatever package your paying for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Zr105 wrote: »
    I think, and i could be wrong, that its an extra €15 per room ontop of whatever package your paying for!

It is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Get to the bookies looks like 5 in a row could be back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I said wrote: »
    Get to the bookies looks like 5 in a row could be back on

Do you really think Kilkenny are that good...... 😆

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Do you really think Kilkenny are that good...... 😆

At country and western they might have a shout. tipp might be the surprise package this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hi all, I have a set of Liscop clippers, Super 3000 model.
    Has anyone on here bought a set of sheep shearing combs to suit these clippers, and if so, from where? Cheers, N.

i have a funny feeling that some of the new mods are prominent ex posters,

id say that where a few of the MIA are, hiding over there in mod land;)

Oh conspiracy ;)

Charliebull, questions/comments about mods are not permitted. Please do not allow the comments elsewhere to spill over into chit chat.

But, I bought 15 ERE straws today, who needs bitcoin, invest in the bulls ;)

Where does an MIA mod. go, though? Got a job on Daft.ie or eBay?

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Head hunted by Larry goodman????? :D

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    promotion to the IFA or reegie takes them out, one or the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Charliebull, questions/comments about mods are not permitted. Please do not allow the comments elsewhere to spill over into chit chat.

But, I bought 15 ERE straws today, who needs bitcoin, invest in the bulls ;)
    I thought you had a few sections out of him, your plucky!

I thought you had a few sections out of him, your plucky!

Just the one, other ones were a V hard pull but cows were over conditioned, 20% calving difficulty isn't to be sniffed at, but the calves he's leaving tempt me otherwise.

OH phoned me earlier this morning (Iam an in Dublin upskilling) to let me know that Biddy the cow has e.coli mastitis again :(
    Vet came this morning, treated her and left marbocyl, dexameth, oxytet and something else so we can continue to treat her. Hopefully she will pull though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

OH phoned me earlier this morning (Iam an in Dublin upskilling) to let me know that Biddy the cow has e.coli mastitis again :(
    Vet came this morning, treated her and left marbocyl, dexameth, oxytet and something else so we can continue to treat her. Hopefully she will pull though.
    feck was going to ask you last week how she was... hopefully she will be ok

First load of turf home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Reggie. wrote: »

Got mine delivered todaybas well need to bag it and put it in the shed next

Thanks Oldtree :)
    Here is a pic I took last Sunday week when I was taking the boat out of the water after spending a few hours fishing.

Here is a pic I took last Sunday week when I was taking the boat out of the water after spending a few hours fishing.

Looks like the tide has come in on the Shannon:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Stunning. I grew up by the sea and have always had the draw back to it. Photos like this help explain why

Just on the boat from Stranrear to Belfast.was supposed to take the 7:30 boat yesterday evening but ended up having a barbecue and cider with the family I was working for...... ended up drinking vast quantities of different types of whiskey from the farmers 200 bottle selection of vintage whiskey.

I'm am not worth my wage today..... or even 10% of it

• Advertisement

Just on the boat from Stranrear to Belfast.was supposed to take the 7:30 boat yesterday evening but ended up having a barbecue and cider with the family I was working for...... ended up drinking vast quantities of different types of whiskey from the farmers 200 bottle selection of vintage whiskey.

I'm am not worth my wage today..... or even 10% of it

Normal performance out of ya so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Hot my last load home yesterday thank god. First couple loads were grand, the last two seemed twice as big as the first when I was forking into shed.

Normal performance out of ya so :D

True enough. I think there are only two option left for me. The council or the army

True enough. I think there are only two option left for me. The council or the army

That's where you went wrong....not joining up earlier

sea12 wrote: »
    Hot my last load home yesterday thank god. First couple loads were grand, the last two seemed twice as big as the first when I was forking into shed.

Oh no forking into shed around here....Thank god

That's where you went wrong....not joining up earlier

A friend of mine is in the army and From his account of things I don't think the army (or any structured job for that matter) would suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

A friend of mine is in the army and From his account of things I don't think the army (or any structured job for that matter) would suit me.

I don't think any structured job suits farmers. We like being our own masters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Just finished reading tb test as neighbour had reactors, had one reactor 😡, the contractor would want to come bale before any rain or he could be shot today ha

Cydectin Triclamox Pour-On arrived in the post this morning. Never used it before but seems to be strong enough stuff.

Anyone else used it before? Huge withdrawal period on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Not fit to foot down home yet. I have turf envy. Does this mean yours is bigger than mine? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

this weekends plans is drawing turf for myself the father and 1 load to the FIL (ie the outlaws)

also have the mullingar show on Sunday so thats all sunday gone and few hours Saturday also

On a nice note got 16 bales of free silage grass today. Just had to bale it, wrap it and draw 3 miles. Contractor has them stacked and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Cydectin Triclamox Pour-On arrived in the post this morning. Never used it before but seems to be strong enough stuff.

Anyone else used it before? Huge withdrawal period on it.

too expensive for my budget :(

jt65 wrote: »
    too expensive for my budget :(

Prefer spending the extra to be able to do them in the field. 1/2 hour and a walk through them. Dosing done!

Doing them with Zanil in the harvest though, suspect rumen fluke is rife in them.

gadetra wrote: »
    Not fit to foot down home yet. I have turf envy. Does this mean yours is bigger than mine? :P

If you mean the amount in the shed then yes :D

this weekends plans is drawing turf for myself the father and 1 load to the FIL (ie the outlaws)

also have the mullingar show on Sunday so thats all sunday gone and few hours Saturday also

On a nice note got 16 bales of free silage grass today. Just had to bale it, wrap it and draw 3 miles. Contractor has them stacked and all.

Don't want to burst your bubble but it's to be wet tomorrow

TBH every year the army gets a little worse. Wouldn't advise anyone to join up nowadays. 7 years and counting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

If you mean the amount in the shed then yes :D

Of course ;) Damnit. *sacrifices fertiliser bags and half the bits-of-twine collection to the big hairy god in the sky*

It's not working, mine's still invisible and turf still too soft. :(;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Don't want to burst your bubble but it's to be wet tomorrow

Suits me. Get the marquee up and i got give a fiddles :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Doing them with Zanil in the harvest though, suspect rumen fluke is rife in them.

Take samples first, Zanil is a useless dose for anything else.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Parents only after remembering that today is there wedding anniversary haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement