Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I said wrote: »
    Get one of those herb pots and plant them in it with parsley etc that should do and handy for using when cooking lamb for dinner
    ye i have a load of rosemary and lavender in a rockery outside , i will put some in pots tonight thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Chain a rotweiller to the window ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

just do it wrote: »
    Chain a rotweiller to the window ;)
    the cats sleep in with the dog here, no fear there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

whelan2 wrote: »
    ye i have a load of rosemary and lavender in a rockery outside , i will put some in pots tonight thanks

We use to have chives and basil in our kitchen window, then kovu ate them
    (The cat, not me)

Double sided tape also works very well, cats hate it, a couple of weeks of that on the sill would train them. Or onion flakes/outer layers of onion, cats detest onion. However, then your window sill would smell like onion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Drove up to Westmeath yesterday for a few days away from the routine. Still woke up at milking time but so nice to turn over for a while! Seems to be mostly sucklers around here. Weather is a bit iffy but lovely to take kids out for day, or to the pool. Not cooking is a big plus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Drove up to Westmeath yesterday for a few days away from the routine. Still woke up at milking time but so nice to turn over for a while! Seems to be mostly sucklers around here. Weather is a bit iffy but lovely to take kids out for day, or to the pool. Not cooking is a big plus!!!

Welcome to our fair county :D

There are a good few dairy around Mullingar but suckler would be the mainstay around here

Reggie. wrote: »
    Welcome to our fair county :D

There are a good few dairy around Mullingar but suckler would be the mainstay around here

The people are friendly

The people are friendly

But of course we are....we're ya surprised :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Course we are.

Are you in south Westmeath (Athlone) or up where us men are in North westmeath (Mullingar) area.

That right Reggie :D

Course we are.

Are you in south Westmeath (Athlone) or up where us men are in North westmeath (Mullingar) area.

Have to agree with ya there for once :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Course we are.

Is there a big house you all meet up in?

td5man wrote: »
    Is there a big house you all meet up in?

Bigger than yours anyways :D

Bigger than yours anyways :D

It would have to be with all of ye that's in it 😨😨😉

It would have to be with all of ye that's in it 😨😨😉

Your just jealous you didn't get an invite

Your just jealous you didn't get an invite

Could yet.:-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Course we are.

He could have been in west mullingar or east mullingar to be posh.

Course we are.

Mullingar, is that the good end?.....

Pleasantly!!!!!!

Pleasantly!!!!!!

Cheeky

Mullingar, is that the good end?.....

Oh but of course :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Been away from this for a while but have noticed it has got very quite here were is everyone gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

That would be interesting. Pity its so far away

Aaaah took a half day here from the yard. Myself and the little boss woman here watching a grass men did :D

Aaaah took a half day here from the yard. Myself and the little boss woman here watching a grass men did :D

I'd say she was bored off her tits ;)

I'd say she was bored off her tits ;)

Nope she loves the noise of the machines even at 6 months

Nope she loves the noise of the machines even at 6 months

GG just has no appreciation of the finer things in life. All he dreams of is cows and grass.

GG just has no appreciation of the finer things in life. All he dreams of is cows and grass.

I used to dream of machinery but I dropped it when I found out where the money was or less hardship :)

That would be interesting. Pity its so far away

Wonder if land drains could be used for irrigation? :-)

• Advertisement

Young lads these days :rolleyes:

I used to dream of machinery but I dropped it when I found out where the money was or less hardship :)

Some of us just have the balls to keep going :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

whelan2 wrote: »
    i put a window box on the window-not lavender or rosemary in it- and they kept knocking it down. With the heat and the aga on, i like to have the window open

Thats good old irish logic at its finest right there!! :) id say half the country does it!

Wonder if land drains could be used for irrigation? :-)

Mine run dry after April but I have two fields that are like shaken bogs come spring with all the springs that are in them

That soil structure looks familiar! Did some drainage here last year and the only regret is not going deeper i.e. get down into the gravel layer. With some of the trenches I got the diggerman to go deeper and hey presto he hit water. Even at the end of the dry period in June there was still water flowing whereas the shallower piped and stoned drains ran dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Anyone going to this? What time does it start at in Knock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Damo810 wrote: »
    Anyone going to this? What time does it start at in Knock?
    prob go for a look it starts at 12.30 only 45 mins from me . id imagine the land is quite wet over there so it would be interesting to see the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

trixi2011 wrote: »
    prob go for a look it starts at 12.30 only 45 mins from me . id imagine the land is quite wet over there so it would be interesting to see the results

If they can land a plane in knock it can't be that wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

naughto wrote: »
    If they can land a plane in knock it can't be that wet

thats on top of a hill tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Thanks be to Jesus the Garth Brooks saga is over

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Ya painful, good enough for the greedy gaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Final outcome. Stuck in a meeting so able to hear no news.

Vander gone now too. Seems me a PM if you come back in another guise. God I feel like I've been on here too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Vander gone now too. Seems me a PM if you come back in another guise. God I feel like I've been on here too long!

Awh balls :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Hopefully he will come back in another guise. F&F seems to be losing alot of experienced posters of late.

GSD, I was over your neck of the woods on Sunday. Went for a walk on the Flaggy shore. Some damage done from the storms. Some lad over there has a herd of smx cows and a ch bull. One of the cows bulling and the bull decides to do his job. Oh look daddy, the bull is trying to play leap frog with the cow says the youngest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    GSD, I was over your neck of the woods on Sunday. Went for a walk on the Flaggy shore. Some damage done from the storms. Some lad over there has a herd of smx cows and a ch bull. One of the cows bulling and the bull decides to do his job. Oh look daddy, the bull is trying to play leap frog with the cow says the youngest!!
    I haven't actually gone over there since! I think lag inch got the worst battering around , it was like a bomb site after it. A young lad could come out with anything, was playing with the uncles little fellow the other day and he broke the key on my jeep the little hoor!

Alot of the beach gone, (stony beach that it was/is) some of the road looks like it was washed away and some of walls where the land is, washed away. Must have been some spot in the middle of the storm.
    How did you sorted with the key?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Fell asleep on the couch. Woke up to the giggling of my 3 year old an the OH. The 3 year had painted my toe nails and the OH videoed it on her phone. 2 little bitches.

Fell asleep on the couch. Woke up to the giggling of my 3 year old an the OH. The 3 year had painted my toe nails and the OH videoed it on her phone. 2 little bitches.

Yeah but I bet you look so pretty :p

Stick up a picture and give us all a good laugh. What colour? Pink I hope. You'll have to wear socks with the sandles for a while!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement