Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    Hopefully he will come back in another guise. F&F seems to be losing alot of experienced posters of late.

I'd say it ain't over yet. My guess is more will go before everything settles

Stick up a picture and give us all a good laugh. What colour? Pink I hope. You'll have to wear socks with the sandles for a while!!

Not at all a bit of petrol will get it off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Alot of the beach gone, (stony beach that it was/is) some of the road looks like it was washed away and some of walls where the land is, washed away. Must have been some spot in the middle of the storm.
    How did you sorted with the key?

He broke the plastic part off so it held together with a bit of insulating tape at the moment. Jeep won't run if the plastic part isint beside the ignition because it's a coded key or something to that effect. I went out to Doolin while the storm was going and it was mad to be honest, waves completely covering the pier , boulders everywhere. Pure carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Stick up a picture and give us all a good laugh. What colour? Pink I hope. You'll have to wear socks with the sandles for a while!!

Bright Red. Been using nail polish remover for the last 10 mins. Powerful stuff.... I'll throw up a pick if ye don't laugh at me???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'd say it ain't over yet. My guess is more will go before everything settles

I hate to have to agree with you.

Bright Red. Been using nail polish remover for the last 10 mins. Powerful stuff.... I'll throw up a pick if ye don't laugh at me???

Would we do that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

td5man wrote: »
    I hate to have to agree with you.

You could come back as td6man and Reggie as Re-Reggie!
    Maybe I'd chance Genghis Can!

Had to leave once and that was enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Not at all a bit of petrol will get it off :D[/QUOTE

Use alot of nail varnish. I HAD an image of you as a cross between rambo and Miley. Not so sure now!!!!!

• Advertisement

Not at all a bit of petrol will get it off :D[/QUOTE

Use alot of nail varnish. I HAD an image of you as a cross between rambo and Miley. Not so sure now!!!!!

Who me :p

No laughing. I promise.....(fingers and toes crossed)

Who me :p
    If the cap fits!!!!!!

Maybe I'd chance Genghis Can!

Nope it would be ZSD-424 man.

He broke the plastic part off so it held together with a bit of insulating tape at the moment. Jeep won't run if the plastic part isint beside the ignition because it's a coded key or something to that effect. I went out to Doolin while the storm was going and it was mad to be honest, waves completely covering the pier , boulders everywhere. Pure carnage.
    Only got youtube vids of it and that looked frightening enough. Mind you wouldn't mind doing a bit of storm chasing usa style.

If the cap fits!!!!!!

Ya rat :D

• Advertisement

Only got youtube vids of it and that looked frightening enough. Mind you wouldn't mind doing a bit of storm chasing usa style.

Yeah till ya hit a brown trousers moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Of course we won't

(snigger snigger)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Melbourne Cup hero Vintage Crop dies aged 27.

I remember it well, an amazing achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

just do it wrote: »
    Melbourne Cup hero Vintage Crop dies aged 27.

I remember it well, an amazing achievement

Indeed. And in other sporting news it appears Ian Thorpe is a gay. And would have been ever greater had he realised it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Is there a big house you all meet up in?

They all have big houses up there :D

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    They all have big houses up there :D

Another jealous type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

I said wrote: »
    Thanks be to Jesus the Garth Brooks saga is over

There was plenty of talk in media about all the money he was bringing to tbe country (well they meant Dublin but the country sounds better). But I presume Garth was bringing quite a bit of money back home to the States with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There was plenty of talk in media about all the money he was bringing to tbe country (well they meant Dublin but the country sounds better). But I presume Garth was bringing quite a bit of money back home to the States with him.
    glad all that crap is over, the tickets should not be sold till all planning etc is in place.

Hopefully he will come back in another guise. F&F seems to be losing alot of experienced posters of late.
    noticed the other day case956 is gone too....:mad:

whelan2 wrote: »
    noticed the other day case956 is gone too....:mad:

Ah crap and he's gone a while too.

If your out there case...best of luck with the new baby and I know you'll be back......sure you can't resist my animal magnetism :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Bord bia did carbon footprint survey on the farm here last Friday.
    They didn't like it when I told them that this was going to be another stick to beat us with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Went for dinner last night with girlfriend. Fierce faster and went to see ms browns movie then. Hadn't had as good a laugh in ages. Well worth the watch

Went for dinner last night with girlfriend. Fierce faster and went to see ms browns movie then. Hadn't had as good a laugh in ages. Well worth the watch
    was there any kids there? eldest lad wants to go, it says 15a as the viewing guideline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

trixi2011 wrote: »
    prob go for a look it starts at 12.30 only 45 mins from me . id imagine the land is quite wet over there so it would be interesting to see the results

Let me know if its any good and ill head to the one in lifford. Last time I met you at an open day I got lost!!

was there any kids there? eldest lad wants to go, it says 15a as the viewing guideline

Eh a few actually. Has he watched the program? Its no worse but a a bit of language in it but its funny. What age is he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

glad all that crap is over, the tickets should not be sold till all planning etc is in place.

Planning is in place for 3 concerts a year 1D played three nights already they got greedy with brooks and got caught with their pants down,arrogant feckers

Friend brought his 10 year old Sunday evening child got in no problem.
    eldest is 13 but if i bring him the otherss will want to go. New cinema opened in Drogheda last week, s might bring them to it. I remember when i was in secondary school i got into an over 18s movie, i thought i was the bees knees:D

Planning is in place for 3 concerts a year 1D played three nights already they got greedy with brooks and got caught with their pants down,arrogant feckers
    i think the reality was there was no way Garth brooks would have been able to do 5 concerts, dont think he has done one never mind 5 in a row in years. 1 or 2 would have been grand, as you say greed played a big part in it. I feel sorry for people who booked flights/hotels etc to get to see him.

eldest is 13 but if i bring him the otherss will want to go. New cinema opened in Drogheda last week, s might bring them to it. I remember when i was in secondary school i got into an over 18s movie, i thought i was the bees knees:D

Ah I'd say it'll be grand bring him on. Sure when I was his age I was mortified if there was films on with sexual innuendo and the parenrmts were saying and laughing there heads off

I've a 9 year old and an 11 year old both going at the weekend they wouldn't be happy if I went without them .

have a rotten job this morning, have a heifer with a "**** " lump on her tail, the tail is swollen around it and i susprect there could be maggots there:eek::eek: going to bring them in and cut off lump, wash with hydrogen peroxide , inject with betamox and put tar on her, any other ideas.Will see if i can get a rubber ring over it. If i dont faint at the sight , i will report back:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Roll on tonite and i get to have a few beers

Agreed, the thing that annoys me is I see on Facebook people giving out to the government for ruining it for everyone etc etc, basically they want the government to bow to the pressure from aiken promotions, is that who you really want running your country? Besides the government has nothing to do with it. Fair play to them for sticking to their guns, they were lucky to get the three if u ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

C0N0R wrote: »
    Agreed, the thing that annoys me is I see on Facebook people giving out to the government for ruining it for everyone etc etc, basically they want the government to bow to the pressure from aiken promotions, is that who you really want running your country? Besides the government has nothing to do with it. Fair play to them for sticking to their guns, they were lucky to get the three if u ask me.

If the rules were bent for this then next year they would try to shove through 10 concerts.
    The rules are the rules and they need to agree this stuff up front, what other business would you be allowed to sell 400,000 tickets and then look for permission.
    The GAA is a very greedy operation and I'm glad to see them put back in their box over this.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    If the rules were bent for this then next year they would try to shove through 10 concerts.
    The rules are the rules and they need to agree this stuff up front, what other business would you be allowed to sell 400,000 tickets and then look for permission.
    The GAA is a very greedy operation and I'm glad to see them put back in their box over this.
    Here here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

have a rotten job this morning, have a heifer with a "**** " lump on her tail, the tail is swollen around it and i susprect there could be maggots there:eek::eek: going to bring them in and cut off lump, wash with hydrogen peroxide , inject with betamox and put tar on her, any other ideas.Will see if i can get a rubber ring over it. If i dont faint at the sight , i will report back:)

Had a bullock with same on the slats 2 years ago. Got the lump off and strayed it. Tail actually fell off :o. No bother on him sold him last year.

I used alum stray and also a spot of stocckholm tar up from the raw skin to keep lies away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The fact is, a lot of people rely on the tabloid press to help them form their own opinions. Rational thought has very little to do with it. The headline that sells the most copies of the paper is the headline that gets printed. Just look at the Sun, Star etc. selling celeb. gossip and sex as "news", and the likes of the Daily Wail, sorry Mail, selling scare stories about Immigrants, Crime and how your microwave can give you cancer (but eating onions will cure you!). Probably 50% of the population could name the entire cast of Corrie, Emmerdale and Home & Away, but couldn't name the Tánaiste.

I used to rent houses for an agency, and half the houses you would enter would have neither a book, nor a pen, on the premises. A TV the width of a bay window, yes, but that's about it.

Rant over!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The fact is, a lot of people rely on the tabloid press to help them form their own opinions. Rational thought has very little to do with it. The headline that sells the most copies of the paper is the headline that gets printed. Just look at the Sun, Star etc. selling celeb. gossip and sex as "news", and the likes of the Daily Wail, sorry Mail, selling scare stories about Immigrants, Crime and how your microwave can give you cancer (but eating onions will cure you!). Probably 50% of the population could name the entire cast of Corrie, Emmerdale and Home & Away, but couldn't name the Tánaiste.

I used to rent houses for an agency, and half the houses you would enter would have neither a book, nor a pen, on the premises. A TV the width of a bay window, yes, but that's about it.

Rant over!

Get it out of ya :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Get it out of ya :D

Grrrrrrrrrr, Grrrrrrrrrrrr, Grrrrrrrrrr.......its lucky my choke-chain is securely tied to the ring in the wall :D

Anyway, Flock inspection at lunchtime, have to be nice and polite!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrrrr, Grrrrrrrrrrrr, Grrrrrrrrrr.......its lucky my choke-chain is securely tied to the ring in the wall :D

Anyway, Flock inspection at lunchtime, have to be nice and polite!

Have the kettle on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Let me know if its any good and ill head to the one in lifford. Last time I met you at an open day I got lost!!
    got called to milk a few cows this pm:( so going to miss it in the end.

trixi2011 wrote: »
    got called to milk a few cows this pm:( so going to miss it in the end.

Ill run u up to lifford if u make it this far! R u taking this weekend off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

This morning while testing a couple of calves, I learned that Cydectin pour on smells like Vicks vapour rub when putting it on the cows.

Kovu now smells like Vicks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

.Kovu. wrote: »
    This morning while testing a couple of calves, I learned that Cydectin pour on smells like Vicks vapour rub when putting it on the cows.

So your saying that kovu....is a cow ;)

.Kovu. wrote: »

Excellent. Clear your sinus while testing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement