Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

moy83 wrote: »
    Anyone see the new Fendt 1050 tractor ? 500hp ! Im not really a machinery person but it looks claas , would love a spin in it :D

Are you sure?

;)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

greysides wrote: »
    Are you sure?

;)

Haha , poor choice of words :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Listening to the radio in the kitchen while kneading bread and hear this from the commentators in the Armagh/Roscommon game;

''Roscommon has given the ball away more times than the Garth Brooks concert has been on and off'':D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Listening to the radio in the kitchen while kneading bread and hear this from the commentators in the Armagh/Roscommon game;

''Roscommon has given the ball away more times than the Garth Brooks concert has been on and off'':D:D:D

Listening to that game myself. That commentator on Northern sound is hilarious. He's liable to say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

tanko wrote: »
    Listening to that game myself. That commentator on Northern sound is hilarious. He's liable to say anything.

Syl o Connor on Clare fm is gas, well worth a listen when Clare are playing. Heading off to Cusack park now to watch the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Syl o Connor on Clare fm is gas, well worth a listen when Clare are playing. Heading off to Cusack park now to watch the football.

Hope Clare beat Kildare, I think Kildare have been overrated for the last few years. They made fools of themselves over seanie Johnson last year aswell. Dunno whether there's many on here from Kildare

visatorro wrote: »
    Hope Clare beat Kildare, I think Kildare have been overrated for the last few years. They made fools of themselves over seanie Johnson last year aswell. Dunno whether there's many on here from Kildare

I'd like to see Clare win but Kildare are a very difficult team to beat in the qualifiers which seem to suit them for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Kids off on sleepover. Heading out now. Dont have to milk in morning. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

over in Westport for the weekend. fantastic weather here! just tried Zorbing , by God I have a hill at home would be ideal. I'd say you would get her up to 30mph no bother!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    over in Westport for the weekend. fantastic weather here! just tried Zorbing , by God I have a hill at home would be ideal. I'd say you would get her up to 30mph no bother!

Am only home from westport. Didn't do anything that exciting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Had a lovely meal last night to celebrate in a place that we were never in before, called Weirs in Multyfarnham. Friends collected us so we didn't have to worry about driving, as it is a bit of spin from us. Have passed it a few times before and never realised how good the food/menu was. Definitely go again, although will not consume as much alcohol the next time.
    I am slowly returning to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Base price wrote: »
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone - I nailed it - all your positive vibes paid off :D

Mrs freedom finally her accountancy exams lately. 15 years and 4 kids after she started. Thrilled with herself. It will make a big difference to her in the job. Her boss was inquiring during the week when she would have her letters. They seem to be lining her up for a promotion but due to the nature of the business all i's must be dotted and t's crossed before it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

I'd like to see Clare win but Kildare are a very difficult team to beat in the qualifiers which seem to suit them for some reason.

KK win by a single point , not the banners year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Hon Wexford. Try get tickets for thurlas next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    Had a lovely meal last night to celebrate in a place that we were never in before, called Weirs in Multyfarnham. Friends collected us so we didn't have to worry about driving, as it is a bit of spin from us. Have passed it a few times before and never realised how good the food/menu was. Definitely go again, although will not consume as much alcohol the next time.
    I am slowly returning to normal.

Great steak in it

went into local there, there was a lad talking about 880's, 660's 440's, 390's was quickest drink i ever had:)

jt65 wrote: »
    KK win by a single point , not the banners year

No then, we should have won this evening but still huge progress from last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

At good friend's wedding Thurs, at UFC 2nite in the O2, place is hopping, heading to croker for leinster final 2moro. Good wkend and big up to family farms with brothers looking after everything at home and no worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

UFC is some Craic... Can't wait for mcgregor's fight....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Just in Dublin, girls at dirty dancing, so having a few drinks around centre

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭eric prydz

Hello lads,how are ye getting on im new on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭mayota

eric prydz wrote: »

Any chance you'd post your video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

mayota wrote: »

The unedited version please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

I'm sure you are. ;-)

mayota wrote: »
    The unedited version please.

I might later on,im just finding my feet on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

I might later on,im just finding my feet on here

Your very welcome here eric.

Just remember keep it classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

whelan2 wrote: »
    went into local there, there was a lad talking about 880's, 660's 440's, 390's was quickest drink i ever had:)

gone like the wind :D! likes to remind them fellas that tractors don't make ye any money they only cost!

Your very welcome here eric.

Just remember keep it classy

Thanks,I always do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

I'm sure you are. ;-)

You're welcome, but if you've been here before someone will figure it out.
    They always do.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Always hapoy to see new members joining, welcome eric.

good night, i had a brilliant night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

I'm never going on the piss with you if a quick drink in the local lasts eight hours. Going on the tear must take a week with a couple of A&E visits thrown in along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Do tell, it will go no further.:P

Glad you enjoyed your night away

You'll pay for it today!!

I'm never going on the piss with you if a quick drink in the local lasts eight hours. Going on the tear must take a week with a couple of A&E visits thrown in along the way.
    met milk lorry on way home, when i left party the lad milking for me was drinking whiskey:D, was a friends 50th, live music and all at her house, great to talk to neighbours i havent spoken to in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

met milk lorry on way home, when i left party the lad milking for me was drinking whiskey:D, was a friends 50th, live music and all at her house, great to talk to neighbours i havent spoken to in years

Nice to have a good night out.
    Wonder what state yer man was in for your milking.

_Brian wrote: »
    Nice to have a good night out.
    Wonder what state yer man was in for your milking.
    dunno but got a text there that he let cows in to wrong paddock for today:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

dunno but got a text there that he let cows in to wrong paddock for today:rolleyes:

Ah. If that's the worst mistake it'll be ok.
    I know lads who milked through without putting the pipe in the tank.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Ah. If that's the worst mistake it'll be ok.
    I know lads who milked through without putting the pipe in the tank.
    he was saying he would go straight to milk and then go home.....ah it was a one off, when he went to party first he was drinking 7up as he was milking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Thurlus it is next Sunday so :D

Thurlus it is next Sunday so :D

Ye will earn it against Limerick, they are very strong in the air not like ourselves and Waterford. Can't see yere half back line dominating the game. I hope ye rattle them all the same though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

he was saying he would go straight to milk and then go home.....ah it was a one off, when he went to party first he was drinking 7up as he was milking

What changed him to the whiskey

thought the dublin meath game would be alot closer

thought the dublin meath game would be alot closer

It's embarrassing for Meath now. I wonder what lads like Mick Lyons and Martin o Connell must be thinking watching that game.

It's embarrassing for Meath now. I wonder what lads like Mick Lyons and Martin o Connell must be thinking watching that game.
    i'd say they cant wait for the final whistle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Ye will earn it against Limerick, they are very strong in the air not like ourselves and Waterford. Can't see yere half back line dominating the game. I hope ye rattle them all the same though!

Lk would have rathered meet WD as far as I can tell, WX will be some team if they win next weekend with over 320 minutes of championship hurling in 4 weeks

jt65 wrote: »
    Lk would have rathered meet WD as far as I can tell, WX will be some team if they win next weekend with over 320 minutes of championship hurling in 4 weeks

Ya they would have rathered them alright but they are a good team and a lot stronger in the air than us or Waterford. The backbone of wexfords wins has been dominating puck outs and possession but I don't think they will have it as easy on that front against Limerick. The games won't do them any harm if they aren't been flogged in training which I would very much doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Ya they would have rathered them alright but they are a good team and a lot stronger in the air than us or Waterford. The backbone of wexfords wins has been dominating puck outs and possession but I don't think they will have it as easy on that front against Limerick. The games won't do them any harm if they aren't been flogged in training which I would very much doubt.

If McGovern is on form for wx he will cause trouble for the limerick backs like he did against us below in wexford last weekend. He runs at the backs which can leave backs no choice but to give away a free sometimes. He goes to ground abit too handy sometimes though IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement