Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

moy83 wrote: »
    .Kovu. wrote: »
    That a date moy? Will you wash the wellies before parading yourself please!
    Jaysus we could set up out own FarmersOnly.com site
    No you are obviously way to high maintenance for me ! Pfft asking a man to wash his wellies :D

Every man needs a clean w....

Nope, I'm off. Not going to get myself in trouble!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Odelay wrote: »
    Speak for yourself :pac: ..... now how do I upload a video...

Hence why I said SOME of us ya bluffer :p

Every man needs a clean w....

Nope, I'm off. Not going to get myself in trouble!!!:eek:

Since when :rolleyes:

That a date moy? Will you wash the wellies before parading yourself please!
    Jaysus we could set up out own FarmersOnly.com site
    No you are obviously way to high maintenance for me ! Pfft asking a man to wash his wellies :D

They'll be asking us to have showers daily next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Pfft asking a man to wash his wellies :D

Would it be a deal breaker if Moy (for example;)) were to insist on wearing them on the job?
    Just the wellies now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Cycled the Greenway today from Westport to Achill with the kids behind in trailers. Fantastic day out and I'd highly recommend it. This is the way forward for Irish tourism and a great boost for disadvantages rural economies. Can think of a similar suitable route at home!

just do it wrote: »
    Cycled the Greenway today from Westport to Achill with the kids behind in trailers. Fantastic day out and I'd highly recommend it. This is the way forward for Irish tourism and a great boost for disadvantages rural economies. Can think of a similar suitable route at home!

That's a great spot to cycle. It's a real growth sector, the number of lads now out on bikes is great.

Would it be a deal breaker if Moy (for example;)) were to insist on wearing them on the job?
    Just the wellies now?

Only if moy looks like this :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

It's a great day out. I done it last year.

• Advertisement

That's sexist but what the hell

I'd expect Moy or any self respecting farmer would not be seen dead in a pair of pansy boots like that.

Apologies for the sexist photo, but no I am not posting a female one to balance it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

We could be twins - kinda like Danny Devito and Arnold Swarzzenager in that film one time :D
    Them wellies look fierce sweaty

That's a great spot to cycle. It's a real growth sector, the number of lads now out on bikes is great.

Yup. I've gone abroad twice for cycle trips and what's on our own doorstep is just as good if not better. And I'm not even a cycling enthusiast, just someone who likes an activity holiday.

Yup. I've gone abroad twice for cycle trips and what's on our own doorstep is just as good if not better. And I'm not even a cycling enthusiast, just someone who likes an activity holiday.

Would you chance the trailers on the main road with the kids ? The greenways will be great for the tourism and ourselves to use

• Advertisement

Would you chance the trailers on the main road with the kids ? The greenways will be great for the tourism and ourselves to use

No. Irish roads with their blind bends and Irish motorist's distain for cyclists would make it too risky.

Apologies for the sexist photo, but no I am not posting a female one to balance it out!

Typical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Wheelinone

The dubs were hungry yesterday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Wheelinone wrote: »

Ya, they were really chomping at the bit

Wheelinone wrote: »

It was more finger food than the full meal;)

• Advertisement

One of my own cows repeated at 12 weeks this morning. Feck it. She's for the chop out of here but I don't know whether to sell her as a springer or a dry.

Anyone got a crystal ball? :D

One of my own cows repeated at 12 weeks this morning. Feck it. She's for the chop out of here but I don't know whether to sell her as a springer or a dry.

Sorry left it at home this morning :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

If you bull her, you could end up keeping.
    Best thing is let go dry & with a little you could get 1 with calf at foot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Its not far from me at all I used to do ounce a week before little naughto came along,if the weather is nice is a great day out.am after coming off a three day session my sister in law got married I was one of the groomsmens and my wife was chief bridesmaid. Some Craic all together but I am f1ucked to day

Farrell wrote: »
    If you bull her, you could end up keeping.
    Best thing is let go dry & with a little you could get 1 with calf at foot

No she's definitely going. Thought about it and while she's a good breeder & has a great tight bag & motherly cow. She is wicked in the shed to other cattle & can't be handled much (if at all)
    Called AI man earlier and as I need to pay him for last time, I will do her while he's out. If she holds, great. Although she'd be calving at an awkward time for the next (wo)man it won't be my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

hey wud anyone know how much it roughly costs these days for a farmer to transfer his farm to his son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ABlur

Henwin wrote: »
    hey wud anyone know how much it roughly costs these days for a farmer to transfer his farm to his son.

Depends on a lot of things how big is it are there mortgages, new folios to take offf etc etc. Most solrs will start at €1000 unless its very straightforward. Theres also land registry fees of a couple of hundred plus stamp duty of 1% unless exempt. Ring around a few local firms and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Good dry cow trade at the minute

simx wrote: »
    Good dry cow trade at the minute

We'll see how AI goes. She's a great cow but a bit daft for my liking. I don't think there's any sense behind keeping a looney cow that makes the rest run. Perhaps it's best that she repeated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

We'll see how AI goes. She's a great cow but a bit daft for my liking. I don't think there's any sense behind keeping a looney cow that makes the rest run. Perhaps it's best that she repeated!

i dont care how good she is, if i walk into the field and one takes off in the opposite direction then, that is the end of her

i havnt time for chasing them

same goes for the cows;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Why did the witch have a glass baby?

Coz the wizard had crystal balls.

Yeah, i'm going now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

looking for a mf135 project guys…. anyone know of one for sale.. rough is ok!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Send her to the hook would ya! Only passing on a problem to some other poor bugger if she's mental!

Zr105 wrote: »
    Send her to the hook would ya! Only passing on a problem to some other poor bugger if she's mental!

Well she's not crazy crazy, but we like to be able to walk up to our cattle in the field. She can be handled in the pen and isn't wicked but can't be touched in the field.
    Ch bull on her now anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Up the silage fields with kids this last hour. Great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

whelan2 wrote: »
    Up the silage fields with kids this last hour. Great fun!

Will you soon be cutting? Bales or pit? Growing over a month here, will leave a few weeks yet. Bales. Could nearly chance selling all on last years usage but then I think of previous year:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

OH and I moved cattle up the country for a neighbour this morning. Decided to call into Carnaross on the way back. We hadn't intend buying anything but came home with twelve :eek:
    Four calves, 3 bb heifers and a bb bull and eight Fr weanling bulls :D

Base price wrote: »
    OH and I moved cattle up the country for a neighbour this morning. Decided to call into Carnaross on the way back. We hadn't intend buying anything but came home with twelve :eek:

Typical woman let loose with cash :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Will you soon be cutting? Bales or pit? Growing over a month here, will leave a few weeks yet. Bales. Could nearly chance selling all on last years usage but then I think of previous year:eek:
    is mowed for second cut-pit- hopefully pick up tomorrow or wednesday, will do bales in a week or 2 again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Base price wrote: »

What were prices like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

must have been cheap :)

Friend flying hone to France in the morning, currently parked in the camper at Knock airport.Not a sinner around for miles!
    Never thought I would have my own airport :):)

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Friend flying hone to France in the morning, currently parked in the camper at Knock airport.Not a sinner around for miles!

You're welcome to it :D its a bleak spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

two hares running around the carpark. Little bastardz just set off the alarm on a 3 series beemer . Will have to move.:(
    Had several pints in a place called Kilkelly, and the bar woman offered me her driveway, " in case you get afraid"!

two hares running around the carpark!

You're after reminding me what I saw today. I was in a river, standing in about 18" of water and I look upstream 20 yards ahead of me at a cattle drink and down trots a hare and camly swims across the river. Shook himself off when he landed and trotted off.

Yeah we took it over once

• Advertisement

You're after reminding me what I saw today. I was in a river, standing in about 18" of water and I look upstream 20 yards ahead of me at a cattle drink and down trots a hare and camly swims across the river. Shook himself off when he landed and trotted off.

I never knew hares swam . Thats something you won't see to often

+1

I never saw the like of it. Not a bother on him, Nice steady swim across with nothing only the head showing.

I never saw the like of it. Not a bother on him, Nice steady swim across with nothing only the head showing.

Are you sure it wasn't an otter or something like that you saw :P:D

Ah lovely! Seen one give birth to three leverets just outside our kitchen window this year. Doubt I'll ever see that again:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement