Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Reggie. wrote: »
    Never had one but I'm more a scallon man

Anyone know what county's football followers are called " The Scallion Eaters"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

I was wondering there. How do people get pickled onions out of the jar?
    I try stab them with a fork but it's a tricky job. Is there a better way?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0000BVF96?pc_redir=1405212670&robot_redir=1

Thats what ya want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

God bless Lidl, introducing us to all them Forrin foods........ but that Sauerkraut is rank :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Clare?
    Cause when they fart they clare the place.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

• Advertisement

Zr105 wrote: »

See, that what I want. A retractable pickle fork. Every house should have one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Ah that's too fancy

Not at all! Ya have to have the gadgets! Not that id ever need one mind, cant stand pickled onions...

Feck, scary, looks like something David Cronenberg used in Dead Ringers..........

Not at all! Ya have to have the gadgets! Not that id ever need one mind, cant stand pickled onions...

Sure wouldn't a length of electric wire do the same job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Jaysus, I never heard of that. I'd have them mainly in the summer with a salad.

Feck you and your pickled onions I'm going to have to go rooting in the food larder now to see if we have any left :P

• Advertisement

moy83 wrote: »
    Feck you and your pickled onions I'm going to have to go rooting in the food larder now to see if we have any left :P

Food larder is it. Very fancy :-)

All I have is a press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

GC just an aside - are you pregnant?
    Pickled onions are a favourite with some pregnant women.

Food larder is it. Very fancy :-)

All I have is a press.

6' × 6' shelved all around with an air vent and all to keep it cool , its a great job . No pickled onions but I found a box of roses so happy out :D

Base price wrote: »

Sympathetic pregnancy he must have :P

6' × 6' shelved all around with an air vent and all to keep it cool , its a great job . No pickled onions but I found a box of roses so happy out :D

Just as good moy. Save me the blue ones :D

Just as good moy. Save me the blue ones :D

No bother, its the yellow ones I wouldn't give up without a fight :D

Base price wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

"From now on, I want you all to call me Loretta!" :eek:

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Clare?
    Cause when they fart they clare the place.:D

Nope. The Banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Finding it impossible to sleep tonight with the heat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

simx wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement

td5man wrote: »
    +1

No bother sleeping here. Ye lads need to do more work during the day to tire yourselfs out. :D less sitting around in the sun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

simx wrote: »

Hope I don't find it too hard to sleep today. Iv to get up at half one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Never had one but I'm more a scallon man

For a moment reggie I thought you said stallion:o

:D This heat has you acting up Daisy ! I did hear that Reggie is a horse of a man though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

He would be a horse of a man if he could ****e walking

He would be a horse of a man if he could ****e walking

Or if he had a stump of a tail

Think it Carlow.
    Roscommon nickname is the sheep stealers. But several nicknames on every county

Whoa there Daisy whoa

:D This heat has you acting up Daisy ! I did hear that Reggie is a horse of a man though

As for you...get back to your plastering :D

• Advertisement

Can ya feed rolled oats to hens. Normally give rolled barley but the wife got the order wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No bother sleeping here. Ye lads need to do more work during the day to tire yourselfs out. :D less sitting around in the sun :p
    yup, was wrecked last night, great nights sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Can ya feed rolled oats to hens. Normally give rolled barley but the wife got the order wrong.

No problems but ours didn't like them. Fussy feckrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Mother buys rolled oats in winter. Sticks them in a pot and puts a mug of boiling water on top of them.
    Puts it in warming oven of aga over night.
    Hens love it. Like porridge basicly

Think it Carlow.
    Roscommon nickname is the sheep stealers. But several nicknames on every county

It is indeed Carlow.

Confused this morning when an envelope address to my late grandfather came in the post. Even more confused when I opened it and seen 'You're a winner!' inside it.
    Turns out he had put some money in Prize Bonds, never told us and he's after winning some money. Bittersweet reminder!

• Advertisement

Confused this morning when an envelope address to my late grandfather came in the post. Even more confused when I opened it and seen 'You're a winner!' inside it.
    Turns out he had put some money in Prize Bonds, never told us and he's after winning some money. Bittersweet reminder!

Lucky for some:)

If it a reasonable ammount how about giving some of it to a charity in his memory or maybe some flowers for his grave.
    Just a thought

Lucky for some:)

If it a reasonable ammount how about giving some of it to a charity in his memory or maybe some flowers for his grave.
    Just a thought

A small amount, but enough to get some nice flowers for the grave and a couple of other bits in his memory around the place.
    He was big into planting trees and we skelped a lot around the place over winter so perhaps an apple tree or something like that in the garden:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Early birthday present;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Will they pay it out now to next of kin ?
    I have a good few bought for the oldest lad since he was born and he has nothing won !

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

A small amount, but enough to get some nice flowers for the grave and a couple of other bits in his memory around the place.
    He was big into planting trees and we skelped a lot around the place over winter so perhaps an apple tree or something like that in the garden:)

Knew a woman left with small children after husband died, she was under money pressure and had a large win on prize bonds he had bought that she was unaware of, she said he was still looking after them all from beyond the grave.

• Advertisement

Was reading about Karl Albretch, who passed away last week. (co-founder of Aldi) and read this snippet from The Guardian website.

"The brothers' strict eye on cost control extended to their graves. They bought their plots in a municipal cemetery on the outskirts of Essen in 1997. The site was left abandoned for many years and became so overgrown with weeds that the cemetery management wrote a letter of complaint, according to German news magazine Der Spiegel.

It did not exactly spur them into action, but eventually Aldi trucks turned up with Mediterranean rhododendrons and cypress trees. The brothers had, apparently, been waiting for the shrubs to go on offer in their stores."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

TG4 has restored my faith in weather forecasters, check out their new ones:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

TG4 has restored my faith in weather forecasters, check out their new ones:)

Why.... is yer wan a stunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

I don't want to open a thread but I was paying water rates today and noticed that I am paying €1.50 per cubic metre. Irish water will be charging an estimated €2.875 per cubic metre.
    At this rate I will be paying over €2000 per year for 80 bullocks!!
    It is probably time to bore a well but to do that I would have to get an esb connection (the electric fence is plugged into a neighbours garage

huey1975 wrote: »
    I don't want to open a thread but I was paying water rates today and noticed that I am paying €1.50 per cubic metre. Irish water will be charging an estimated €2.875 per cubic metre.
    It is probably time to bore a well but to do that I would have to get an esb connection (the electric fence is plugged into a neighbours garage
    Nasty times ahead. I'm lucky that all my drinkers and outside taps run off a well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

New massey project :)

Behaved myself more than usual today so I deserve this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

huey1975 wrote: »

Put a connection the other side of the meter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

used to give them oats here i think, was advised against the barley for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Behaved myself more than usual today so I deserve this :D

I went for a pint

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement