Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I said wrote: »
    I went for a pint

Bad call. Make ya more dehydrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

GY A1 wrote: »
    Can ya feed rolled oats to hens. Normally give rolled barley but the wife got the order wrong.

used to give them oats here i think, was advised against the barley for some reason
    Hens need an enzyme to absorb/utilise barley and they do not posses it. Most commercial hen feeds do use a high percentage of barley but the enzyme is added in the manufacturing process. I think it is called lysine or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »

Have five pints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Not if ya have more than one and then maybe another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

you dont get away with anything here LOL :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Tip for the hot weather; get an empty 2L plastic drink bottle, before you go to bed half fill it with cold water and place it in the freezer on it's side so that the cap is clear of water. In the morning fill it to the top with cold water. Take it with you. Gradually as the ice melts during the day you'll have cold water to drink.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Have five pints!
    everyone kovu said its ok to have 5 pints;)

whelan2 wrote: »

If everyone had five pints we'd all be very merry in here later on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If everyone had five pints we'd all be very merry in here later on!

Then again, I came on after 3/4 bottle of Jameson and it ended badly :o

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »

Ssssssh that wasn't you. That was all a dream. Go back to sleep:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Have five pints!

Im off for a few later , five would be the minimum in this weather

Do you think if you had the full bottle it would have worked out better ? I think someone mentioned that under dosing is a bad job :D:D

moy83 wrote: »
    Do you think if you had the full bottle it would have worked out better ? I think someone mentioned that under dosing is a bad job :D:D

10ml per kg:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Jaysus. I'd be shook if I drank 850ml of spirits in the one sitting.

Jaysus. I'd be shook if I drank 850ml of spirits in the one sitting.

Thats exactly what I mean about lads under dosing :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

I took it up to mean she was paying:confused:

I took it up to mean she was paying:confused:

Pints of water all round! Ye can go mad with the MiWadi however.

ettg on now, its a repeat

hectacres:P

Ya, I'm about 82kg so that gives me a target of 820ml ;)

• Advertisement

Jesus I'm starting to think it's like Faulty Towers, just twelve episodes ever made and they keep showing them over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I'm in big trouble so...... I'll have to down over a litre :o

heifer that lost tail last week is still plagued with flies, i put stockholm tar on her on monday. Went to local co-op place today looked at all horsey stuff, nothing that could be put on a wound for flies. Ended up with cheno unction, theres a fly repellent in it, so put the tar and it on her

Just to be clear as I don't want to be the instigator of (A) Drunken ramblings here & (B)Babies arriving in 9 months, that was not a challenge nor a prescribed dose that is correctly attributed to bodyweight....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

blue5000 wrote: »
    Tip for the hot weather; get an empty 2L plastic drink bottle, before you go to bed half fill it with cold water and place it in the freezer on it's side so that the cap is clear of water. In the morning fill it to the top with cold water. Take it with you. Gradually as the ice melts during the day you'll have cold water to drink.

Great idea! Lemon mi wadi is a great one for the thirst l find. Would work great in combo with your idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

heifer that lost tail last week is still plagued with flies, i put stockholm tar on her on monday. Went to local co-op place today looked at all horsey stuff, nothing that could be put on a wound for flies. Ended up with cheno unction, theres a fly repellent in it, so put the tar and it on her

Aluminium spray?

td5man wrote: »
    Aluminium spray?
    like alamycin spray today was the first time we left that out,never saw anything as bad..

Just to be clear as I don't want to be the instigator of (A) Drunken ramblings here & (B)Babies arriving in 9 months, that was not a challenge nor a prescribed dose that is correctly attributed to bodyweight....:pac:

You're hopeful ! Babies after that much whiskey will never happen

Drunken ramblings I can manage, but it would want to be some dose of stuff to end in a baby here in 9 months :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Feck ye' now I'm thirsty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

Too warm for the black stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Muckit wrote: »
    Great idea! Lemon mi wadi is a great one for the thirst l find. Would work great in combo with your idea!

Tis powerful stuff, when our hurlers weren't firing last year Davy brought them all to his house and gave them a good shot of miwadi back the neck...a few months later they were all Ireland champs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

God l'd skull a few of those now!! Settled for a few brahmas without having to leave the couch :D Not bad tack either!

Tis powerful stuff, when our hurlers weren't firing last year Davy brought them all to his house and gave them a good shot of miwadi back the neck...a few months later they were all Ireland champs!

MiWadi would be harmless stuff compared to the gear Sean Boylan had his great Meath team drinking :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

visatorro wrote: »
    Too warm for the black stuff!!

Had enough of those earlier on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was over the West at the weekend, and came across a Micro-brew called Limeburner. It was on draft, thought it a brilliant beer for this kind of weather. Brewed up somewhere in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 holestin cowboy24

think I sleep in spare bed tonight, pregnant women don't like this heat too much :(

think I sleep in spare bed tonight, pregnant women don't like this heat too much :(

Welcome or Welcome back to the Farming forum, whichever applies. :-)

Are you the pregnant woman or the man responsible for the pregnant woman's current state?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Humidity was around 65% today. Thought yesterday was murderous... 82%.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    Had enough of those earlier on

Just in , they had no carlesburg so I went with Guinness and it did the trick just aswell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

greysides wrote: »

Its unreal. Cows stuck under tree all day. Grazed feck all. Field bare at 12 when I was finished up at 11

That's the great thing about living on a really steep hill/drumlin. We get all the breezes!

greysides wrote: »

Almost the same as Liberia. Now that was the worst I seen for humidity

That's the great thing about living on a really steep hill/drumlin. We get all the breezes!

Yea, same here.. Always a breeze, or a gale :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Almost the same as Liberia. Now that was the worst I seen for humidity

Wonder how the Liberians would cope with a 'soft fresh day' on Aran islands in janruary:confused:

• Advertisement

Yea, same here.. Always a breeze, or a gale :eek:

Great isn't it. Until the snow comes and we're stranded. :pac:

eldest lad got a rwh heifer calf off santa in 2012, shes a smasher :) my plan was to bring her to the mart last tuesday but a calf started sucking her-she is with much younger stock as her comrades have all been served. We moved calf to 2 fields away and he was back the next day. Moved heifer , calf broke to her, this is through a 4 strand barbed wire fence. Have them seperated now for good:D will the bit of a bag she has dry up ? How long would it take to dry up? what would she be worth, shes 20 months old and would say around 400kg-at least

eldest lad got a rwh heifer calf off santa in 2012, shes a smasher :) my plan was to bring her to the mart last tuesday but a calf started sucking her-she is with much younger stock as her comrades have all been served. We moved calf to 2 fields away and he was back the next day. Moved heifer , calf broke to her, this is through a 4 strand barbed wire fence. Have them seperated now for good:D will the bit of a bag she has dry up ? How long would it take to dry up? what would she be worth, shes 20 months old and would say around 400kg-at least

Surely worth €800-€900 if not a little more

will take a pic tomorrow

Was close to Farnham Estate in Cavan today and passed a burned out self propelled harvester, still smouldering !! Headaches for some poor devil !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement