Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    I see civil war has finally broken out in the IFA :eek:
    https://www.agriland.ie/news/civil-war-breaks-within-ifa/

See that there is an open letter in the indo today signed by delegates seems their concerns have been reneged on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

does anyone know where i would get a radiator for an 89 patrol jeep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

whelan2 wrote: »

Lad down in Wexfird just outside new Ross makes them up. Bring down your old one and he will have it made in a few days or sometimes he can buy them just as cheap. We got rads off him for old case and for the land rover. Perfect rads.
    I'll get his number for you

Lad down in Wexfird just outside new Ross makes them up. Bring down your old one and he will have it made in a few days or sometimes he can buy them just as cheap. We got rads off him for old case and for the land rover. Perfect rads.
    thanks we put a second hand pajero radiator into it earlier in the year but its fooked.. patrol parts are hard to get as they where nearly all exported

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

http://www.goldenpages.ie/sinnott-radiator-service-glenmore/1/

These the lads GG?

They will be delighted you said Wexford :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

thanks we put a second hand pajero radiator into it earlier in the year but its fooked.. patrol parts are hard to get as they where nearly all exported

Ye this lad does a good job. New rad at a fraction of the price of new one from main dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

lad beside me has a 1990 lying in the haggard. he says the rad was perfect, he wouldn't be too hard to deal with.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    lad beside me has a 1990 lying in the haggard. he says the rad was perfect, he wouldn't be too hard to deal with.
    i told a lie;) its 1991, would that be the same as 1990?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

is yours one of the short wheel base ones with the lead springs and the 2.8 engine?

Shes a tad rough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

You could try Cahills on the road between Virginia and Bally'duff or Kanes in Granard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Shes a tad rough

Rough was a few years ago.... now it "has character"

Rough was a few years ago.... now it "has character"
    tis grand, only used for bringing in cows and fencing etc, have seats in the back for kids, oh gave up fixing the mirrors on it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Shes a tad rough

Old school 4X4. Classic. Same school of design as the Land Rover series vehicles, Pajero Mark 1, 40 Series LandCruiser. Real work horses.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Old school 4X4. Classic. Same school of design as the Land Rover series vehicles, Pajero Mark 1, 40 Series LandCruiser. Real work horses.
    we had a landrover, near needed a ladder to get into it, never got stuck ever. sold it to a college lad that was going to do it up and travel to africa in it:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Do you remember his first name... wasn't Mike was it?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Do you remember his first name... wasn't Mike was it?
    he was from dublin, the jeep was very rough when we sold it about 3 years ago, will ask oh his name. Have a 1989 pajero import too, oh sold it 8 years ago for 4k and bought it back for 500 last year will take a pic-its not allowed in fields:rolleyes:

1989 pajero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

1989 pajero

Kilcock radiators made a radiator for a friends old car.....might be worth a try

http://kilcockradiators.com/

• Advertisement

we need brake callipers for the pajero too, hard to get as its an import . Its a lovely jeep and its mad the technology they had 25 years ago

That pajero was pitched against the original Range Rover. So it was designed as a top model not a complete work-horse. Very comfort with it's independent front suspension compared to the RR solid beam axle.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

1989 pajero

Any interest in selling it? willing to pay more than the 500

Panch18 wrote: »
    Any interest in selling it? willing to pay more than the 500
    wouldnt think so . its a lovely jeep.

wouldnt think so . its a lovely jeep.

That's why I'd be willing to leave ye a nice profit!!

Panch18 wrote: »
    That's why I'd be willing to leave ye a nice profit!!
    no oh reckons we hwill hold on to it til we get the vintage tax on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

we need brake callipers for the pajero too, hard to get as its an import . Its a lovely jeep and its mad the technology they had 25 years ago

think i gave you this link before

http://www.milneroffroad.com/mitsubishi-japanese-import/pajero

what engine size or model number is it

ther's a guy on ebay I got stuff in the past , he's sound

jt65 wrote: »
    think i gave you this link before

http://www.milneroffroad.com/mitsubishi-japanese-import/pajero

what engine size or model number is it

ther's a guy on ebay I got stuff in the past , he's sound
    thanks, you probably did , but funds where low and it went on back burner...want to sort it soon

no oh reckons we hwill hold on to it til we get the vintage tax on it

he's right - they're a smashing jeep

I bought a 1989 one a few years ago - it was pristine and flying around. Of course the father, not having forked over his own cash for it, wrecked it. But it was still going strong

Anyway radiatior went on it and our s##t hole mechanic told the auld fella the head would be gone, no point fixing it. Grand I thought, I'll get a second opinion on that and get a decent mechanic to give it a right good once over

That same day I'm walking out of the parlour after the evening milking and I see 2 fellas looking at the jeep, by the time I had the apron off the bloody jeep was flying up the road. Well I lost it with the auld fella - he'd sold the bloody thing for 250 quid - the 4 tyres on it were nearly new. He'd been taking for a right bloody ride.

1 of the lads was a qualified mechanic - jeep is flying around ever since - infact its doing a 50 mile round trip to work for him every day.

I'll tell you one thing if the father ever pipes up about anything ever - that jeep is brought up to quieten him. If he was a good to get right of other **** around the yard we'd have the tidiest yard in Ireland

I'd better stop now - the blood is starting to boil thinking about it

between the patrol, pajero, 96 corolla and 96 trooper , we are very modern people here. Corolla was the best buy ever 500 euro and never a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

local mart always on on a tuesday , cancelled today due to a bereavement . There was a load of jeeps and trailers and lorries heading there, imagine the effort of loading the stock and driving to the mart to discover it wasnt on:mad:

Would you think they at least rang those that had cattle booked in?

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    Would you think they at least rang those that had cattle booked in?
    they dont take bookings, they put an ad on local radio farm news, pretty crap for people after travelling with cattle. I could see them going on motorway this morning when checking cattle. Would totally piss me off if i was planning on selling cattle for cashflow, i know no one plans when to die....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Wouldn't like to have taken the day off work and head with a load and as you say be stuck for the money. Or as someone said they could be out of test.

I'd be hopping!!

they pay on the day so you have your cheque home with you, tbh its the first time i recall the sale being cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

So who'll own up to remembering these days? The 'good old days' of 1967.

1899521_548366485289298_2105446371768687837_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

they pay on the day so you have your cheque home with you, tbh its the first time i recall the sale being cancelled

never heard of a mart doing that, know of a few factories that do it alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Damo810 wrote: »
    So who'll own up to remembering these days? The 'good old days' of 1967.

1899521_548366485289298_2105446371768687837_o.jpg

She's HUGE :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Base price wrote: »
    I see civil war has finally broken out in the IFA :eek:
    https://www.agriland.ie/news/civil-war-breaks-within-ifa/

Do hope rangler is ok ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

1989 pajero

Had two of those here, they have gearboxes made of butter....or else I'm a pure dog :D

Had two of those here, they have gearboxes made of butter....or else I'm a pure dog :D

The previous I bet :p

Gearbox fine just brakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Gearbox fine just brakes
    you can probably get a seal kit for the callipers in the motor factors, they seem to carry parts like these quicker than the calipers them selves. They are not to bad to recondition then

I had a calliper service kit used on mine several times. Worked fine.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone ever drink this Coomara Poitin. I got a bottle today, it was half price. I haven't drank poitin since I became civilized about the turn of the century:)

It's reminded me of what poitin used to taste like so it musn't be too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Anyone ever drink this Coomara Poitin. I got a bottle today, it was half price. I haven't drank poitin since I became civilized about the turn of the century:)

It's reminded me of what poitin used to taste like so it musn't be too bad.

Is it legal stuff you can buy in a shop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Gearbox fine just brakes

Went through 4 gearboxes in 5 years but they cowbox was constantly latched onto them :o If you had said this last year I had callipers for ya, gone now though I'm afraid!

moy83 wrote: »

Yeah. Half price in Tesco today. It would be complete and utter madness not to make a baste of yourself :-)

Yeah. Half price in Tesco today. It would be complete and utter madness not to make a baste of yourself :-)

That ended badly before for someone so beware :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

moy83 wrote: »

Tis 'only' 40%, same as most whiskeys and gins etc.

Damo810 wrote: »
    Tis 'only' 40%, same as most whiskeys and gins etc.

Note use of word 'only' :D

Any tips on what to mix her with? Currently a drop of water is all I chanced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Note use of word 'only' :D

Any tips on what to mix her with? Currently a drop of water is all I chanced.

Hot water ? Not really the weather for hot toddies though . I was getting lovely stuff there , you could drink it neat and had a lovely taste to it without killing the throat :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement