Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

was a body found on a farm not far from here yesterday, imagine finding a body on your land:eek: we have often said it could be 6 months or more between when we are in some fields/laneways anything could be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

FFS. I am not placing tractor dealers in the came category as cattle dealers.

Had a deal done on a tractor, money organised pending inspection of mine and the hoare wount answer my calls or texts.

Little does he know I checked out his company since and its not registered with CRO. Gangster :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Had a deal done on a tractor, money organised pending inspection of mine and the hoare wount answer my calls or texts.

Little does he know I checked out his company since and its not registered with CRO. Gangster :rolleyes:

Some lads just have no word..
    I had a deal struck on an agitator and when I went back he was looking for more money as he was getting lots of calls through DD.. chancers !!

_Brian wrote: »
    Some lads just have no word..
    I had a deal struck on an agitator and when I went back he was looking for more money as he was getting lots of calls through DD.. chancers !!

Ye same fecker raised the price by €1,000 .

A real ****er

In cinema with kids watching pudsey. I can tolerate most kids films but this is brutal. Kids enjoying it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

quick question,mind just gone blank today..is it 18 or 24 months that heifers can be before you have to bleed for mart..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

quick question,mind just gone blank today..is it 18 or 24 months that heifers can be before you have to bleed for mart..thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

That Lambo was too dear anyway :D

• Advertisement

nashmach wrote: »
    That Lambo was too dear anyway :D

dont worry im realistic with what I actually will take for it private and even less as a trade in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Woo hoo I made the RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

dont worry im realistic with what I actually will take for it private and even less as a trade in :o

To be fair to you, it doesn't look like a bad tractor at all. If the bonnet was cleaned up and resprayed it would look near mint - seems the paint on all of these is not great anyway.

nashmach wrote: »
    To be fair to you, it doesn't look like a bad tractor at all. If the bonnet was cleaned up and resprayed it would look near mint - seems the paint on all of these is not great anyway.

I gate it a quick wash since the pictures were taken, but look im selling a genuine tractor now a resprayed rust bucket. The side panels are actually plastic so no rust :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Running late for wedding :eek:
    Had to bring in a bull with a nasty cut on his off hind leg and wash it out with peroxide/water. Left him in with hay and some nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Base price wrote: »
    Had to bring in a bull with a nasty cut on his off hind leg and wash it out with peroxide/water. Left him in with hay and some nuts.

Be grand! Just tell the B&G that you had a lot of bull to deal with this morning:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Base price wrote: »

half two.. well late alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

half two.. well late alright!

Suppose it depends on the bride:rolleyes:

oh brought radiator from jeep to raprad in drogheda, they reconditioned it for 40 euro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

whelan2 wrote: »
    oh brought radiator from jeep to raprad in drogheda, they reconditioned it for 40 euro :)

was reading up , think you can the brake calipers for the paj reconditioned as well , think they take in your old ones

jt65 wrote: »
    was reading up , think you can the brake calipers for the paj reconditioned as well , think they take in your old ones
    thanks where can we get them reconditioned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

pm George Dalton over in the motors forum , he might know some place in your area,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Reggie. wrote: »
    Woo hoo I made the RTE
    Crimewatch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Crimewatch ?

No. He was on the Angelus. ..... one of the lads looking off in the distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Guarding a field on the Louth/Meath border......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

BONG... BONG.... BONG

Still laughin :D:D:D

Crimewatch ?

Surprised you lot never noticed the big ceremony on in Dublin today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Surprised you lot never noticed the big ceremony on in Dublin today.

That thing. It was too noisy to notice anything else

That thing. It was too noisy to notice anything else

Yeah the gimps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I bought new callipers for my Xtrail on eBay. Delivered in from the UK at a fraction of the cost locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

When milking this evening thought I recognised a couple of cows coming in to be milked as ones i had already milked:confused: Turned out 'someone' hadn't shut dividing gate properly and the milked cows got mixed with the ones to be milked:mad: Was handier to let all through again than try and divide in yard.
    I'd swear I invented new swear words:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The only thing worse in those cases Daisy is when you realise that the 'someone' was yourself:D

havent bought the journal in a while but i am glad i did, in the country living section , the money mentor has an article on new prsi oppurtunities. This means partners-spouse- who assist in the farming business now have the oppurtunity to make prsi contributions in their own right, however partners employed by spouse are still excluded. I know this is a very grey area for a lot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

havent bought the journal in a while but i am glad i did, in the country living section , the money mentor has an article on new prsi oppurtunities. This means partners-spouse- who assist in the farming business now have the oppurtunity to make prsi contributions in their own right, however partners employed by spouse are still excluded. I know this is a very grey area for a lot of people

Looking good alright, we've tried to tick all the boxes since my OH retired from her job at 55.
    Because of her pension, she'd be entitled to nothing at 66 if it was means tested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Well lads and lassies a few months ago I mentioned that we were doing the rounds at cattle marts and I looked for advice on which were good marts to promote the business. Well we have now got off the ground and are now starting to promote the business at shows. Currently we have a stand booked at the following shows

Tinahely show Monday 4th August
    Iverk Show Pilltown Saturday 23rd August
    National Ploughing Championship Laois 23rd - 25th Sept.

Anyone interested in attending the shows and would like more information please PM me and I will forward all relevant info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

What business are you in? You're not selling cattle sticks are you?

Muckit wrote: »
    What business are you in? You're not selling cattle sticks are you?

No not cattle sticks Sir.

Pm sent.

rangler1 wrote: »
    Looking good alright, we've tried to tick all the boxes since my OH retired from her job at 55.
    Because of her pension, she'd be entitled to nothing at 66 if it was means tested
    my parents had awful trouble jumping through hoops, paid money had money returned etc, hopefully this will sort some people out

Such a job to get out of the bed this morning :(

• Advertisement

Such a job to get out of the bed this morning :(
    wouldnt it be great to be a kid again, not clock watching, not caring what time ya get up at. Youngest lad just came downstairs and asked is it morning time;)

wouldnt it be great to be a kid again, not clock watching, not caring what time ya get up at. Youngest lad just came downstairs and asked is it morning time;)

Youngest lad got up here at 7.30 came down told Mammy he would be back up after he had his jobs done. I told him last week he could get a kitten from a neighbour if he showed he could look after it so he took on a pen of calves theyhave being stuffed with nuts since.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Father went off this morning with tractor didn't know where he was going.
    I see him now with the tractor outside the house hoovering it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Must have a hot date lol

Man after my own heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Ffs, furry dice and twin beacons next.

• Advertisement

is he selling it:D

In the market are ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Neighbour said to him the other day it sounded like a 135.
    Dunno what he's talking about because she is very quiet.
    He's scraping the yard with her now :)

Ah the day job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Ah the day job

Are ya jumping nxt week?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement