Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

If anyone has any questions now let me know, l'm only around til lunchtime 2mor! !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Go in and ask for a 99 cone. I dare ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭trixi2011

There are a few blokes around here could have same done to them:)
    down with that sort of thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,859 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Go in and ask for a 99 cone. I dare ya.
    large or small, would you like sprinkles with that, would you like syrup......

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

Moved bullocks this evening and done them with baytacol 20 mins later sky opens

• Advertisement

thetangler wrote: »
    Moved bullocks this evening and done them with baytacol 20 mins later sky opens

Howdy D! I expect that you got a shower I could hear rumbling in the distance, thunder was cracking something mighty here round 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I was looking at Hell's Kitchen there on the box. I noticed that when chefs are selecting Veg they tend to smell it.
    I think I'm in for some odd looks the next time I head into the shop looking for a head of cabbage or a turnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭piebaldskwbald

Howdy D! I expect that you got a shower I could hear rumbling in the distance, thunder was cracking something mighty here round 7.

I hear ya brother! Been working abroad for the last three months and the minute I step off the plane today the heavens open after 3 months of sunshine, pouring here now and a test in the morning at 8am!

I hear ya brother! Been working abroad for the last three months and the minute I step off the plane today the heavens open after 3 months of sunshine, pouring here now and a test in the morning at 8am!

Ain't been called brother for a while ;) I am also of the female persuasion!

Where were you working?

Ain't been called brother for a while ;) I am also of the female persuasion!

Where were you working?

Ah a rare gem! :) nice one!

I was in California mostly, grooming dogs and cats haha. Then worked in Texas with a cattle vet for a few weeks :D

• Advertisement

You'd get some nice experience out there,m how did you find the heat:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I was looking at Hell's Kitchen there on the box. I noticed that when chefs are selecting Veg they tend to smell it.
    I think I'm in for some odd looks the next time I head into the shop looking for a head of cabbage or a turnip.

I saw some irish chef on the telly digging spuds out of a veg garden . Dug it up , dusted it off and took a bite out of a raw rooster ! WTF is he on ???

moy83 wrote: »
    I saw some irish chef on the telly digging spuds out of a veg garden . Dug it up , dusted it off and took a bite out of a raw rooster ! WTF is he on ???

Earlier he was seen smoking pot-ato

You'd get some nice experience out there,m how did you find the heat:eek:

It was pretty intense in Texas, such a dry heat and breezy enough too.. Plenty of factor 50! Cali was grand, late 20's early 30's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I'd say a multi- vit dose would sort him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Jaysus the rooster wont like that.!!!! What sort of spuds was he digging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

A double load of heifers and bullocks up the ramp for the factory this morning and now I'm in the airport... fit to go up the ramp myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

De telly!

Does strange things to a person;).

got 2 mushrooms this morning, they are on the aga now with a bit of butter and salt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

whelan2 wrote: »
    got 2 mushrooms this morning, they are on the aga now with a bit of butter and salt

I mowed a big group out of them yesterday with the mower

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Saved having to peel and chop them i guess :D

Saved having to peel and chop them i guess :D
    depends how much rain he got , he could have mushroom soup:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

My cherry tomatoes have just started to ripen and are delicious. Onions are not doing so well this year for some reason.

depends how much rain he got , he could have mushroom soup:D

Nah only way to eat field mushrooms is off the frying pan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nah only way to eat field mushrooms is off the frying pan :D

Best of luck with that after the mower went through them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Oldtree wrote: »
    My cherry tomatoes have just started to ripen and are delicious. Onions are not doing so well this year for some reason.

Uncle was not happy with the onions he grew this year either. He said the bulbs stayed smallish compared to other years.

Have stockholm tar all up my arm. Heading away to a hotel. Any idea how to get the tar off pronto

Have stockholm tar all up my arm. Heading away to a hotel. Any idea how to get the tar off pronto

Petrol?

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Petrol?
    :eek: feck it was being so careful and got the tar on arm and hand:(

Wedding is it

I put teat spray on it and wash arms with it. Not brilliant but gets 90% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Butter works well. Not got an AI glove?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

:eek: feck it was being so careful and got the tar on arm .

A bit of elbow grease.. :)

The smell of it is your next concern .

Uncle was not happy with the onions he grew this year either. He said the bulbs stayed smallish compared to other years.

Our were the opposite, bigger than we ever grew them! Won 2nd prize in heaviest onions on Monday :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

Anyone else going to the BTAP approved thing in Atheney this evening, I'm short one group meeting and have to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Make up a paste of breadsoda and rub it in really well after using the petrol. Breadsoda will help to kill off any residue smell.

Just got a bit of good news. Received a phone call confirming that I am to start a consultancy contract at the end of August, four to five months long.
    On one hand I am delighted but on the other no so as it is in Dublin so I will have to move back to ncd and leave the cattle to OH to look after. No too much demand for quality management systems in Longford :(
    Better get the turf in next week......

Base price wrote: »
    Just got a bit of good news. Received a phone call confirming that I am to start a consultancy contract at the end of August, four to five months long.
    On one hand I am delighted but on the other no so as it is in Dublin so I will have to move back to ncd and leave the cattle to OH to look after. No too much demand for quality management systems in Longford :(

Good stuff....I'll keep ya company base ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

There be now flies on you !

Some sugar and soap gets off grease. Might work on tar.

• Advertisement

Good stuff....I'll keep ya company base ;)
    Thanks, always good to have extra help bringing the turf home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

mf240 wrote: »
    There be now flies on you !

Some sugar and soap gets off grease. Might work on tar.

I hate saying this but the best is baby oil.

dzer2 wrote: »
    I hate saying this but the best is baby oil.

:D:D

Where's charliebull when you need him!

Butter works well. Not got an AI glove?

Had milkinf glove and long arm glove on. When i was taking them off i fooked up

Had milkinf glove and long arm glove on. When i was taking them off i fooked up
    Done the same as you this morning had long glove on but the fecker split . stuff stinks :(

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Done the same as you this morning had long glove on but the fecker split . stuff stinks :(
    no need for perfume, i have eau de stockholm tar:)

Wedding is it
    got vouchers for my birthday- a long time ago- want to use them before calving starts again

no need for perfume, i have eau de stockholm tar:)
    must of got some on my clothes as well cause the car is stink now aswell. the smell reminds me of when they shake the smoke thing at mass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭KCTK

Base price wrote: »

Fair play to you, kind of similar position here but I'm in limerick from 1 September for 4 months, manage milking in d mornings but must organise guy for evenings, going to be over quota but not sure if it would be best for the cows to put them on once a day

Decided to fix a water leak before i headed off. Ffs was an old inch brass tee. I now know why i really like the plastic fittings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement