Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat sallies Fourth

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I got a road bike there about 6 weeks ago and my hole does be broke after it even with the padded shorts. Must change the saddle because it's a nuisance the following day.

It will harden up. ( Your arse, that is!) But in the meantime wear 2 pair of padded shorts. That's what I do if I'm out of the saddle for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭GrandSoftDay

It will harden up. ( Your arse, that is!) But in the meantime wear 2 pair of padded shorts. That's what I do if I'm out of the saddle for a while.

Either that or stay eatin until I get a padded arse I spose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Tesco. Baileborough. 15 odd quid a bottle.
    I couldn't contemplate drinking a bottle of spirits in one sitting. I'd die.

I thought we were going with the 1oml per kg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

worth checking that the saddle is at correct angle etc. get a professional opinion as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Got a picture of it so I know what I'm looking for?
    Be great stuff to bring to a house party

Got a picture of it so I know what I'm looking for?
    Be great stuff to bring to a house party

http://www.coomara.ie/

Woeful great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

What does it taste like compared to Whiskey/Vodka/etc?

Damo810 wrote: »
    What does it taste like compared to Whiskey/Vodka/etc?

I dunno how you'd describe poitin. I only ever drank it years ago when it was handier got. Good stuff is nice, vaguely peaty taste.
    I only ever drank it with cold water or hot with honey, cloves and lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

What did I miss, just left Daisy's place, covered in baby oil,

Whatever about you Charlie, I don't think I missed anything. Can't remember much anyway:D
    Well I might be missing some 'clothes' Hope they fit you better than they fit me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

I dunno how you'd describe poitin. I only ever drank it years ago when it was handier got. Good stuff is nice, vaguely peaty taste.
    I only ever drank it with cold water or hot with honey, cloves and lemon.

The Coomara I'm on about. Figured it didn't taste the same as the 'real' stuff, which is still handy got when ya know the right people :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ii go to bed early one night and Kovu goes mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Made it out of the scratcher unaided and can also sit on a chair without winching :)

Base price wrote: »
    Made it out of the scratcher unaided and can also sit on a chair without winching :)

Hey that's a good start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Brandy & Port.
    It's possible to kill the bottle over a days drinking although it's a while since I had that luxury. I once drank a bottle of vodka in 2 hours - now that was some train wreck of a night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

_Brian wrote: »
    Brandy & Port.
    It's possible to kill the bottle over a days drinking although it's a while since I had that luxury. I once drank a bottle of vodka in 2 hours - now that was some train wreck of a night :(

Jaysus Brian I thought you were the sensible one around here :D

Brandy & Port.
    Yeah I think we all witnessed that one :D

Reggie. wrote: »

Jamesongate saga :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Is there a full moon tonight:confused::confused:
    Yiz are feckin loopy here this evening whatever is up!
    whelan2 wrote: »
    got 2 mushrooms this morning, they are on the aga now with a bit of butter and salt

I think the above answers your question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Whatever about you Charlie, I don't think I missed anything. Can't remember much anyway:D
    Well I might be missing some 'clothes' Hope they fit you better than they fit me:D

Clothes :eek: whose house was I in so, are you not a six foot blonde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Base price wrote: »

It will be like the bog after footing turf.

its not the day after :D

Its 2 days after and you wount be able to walk up a step without you thinking your hamstrings are going to snap :eek:. BURN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

Its 2 days after and you wount be able to walk up a step without you thinking your hamstrings are going to snap :eek:. BURN
    Just read your thread on the nob who backed out of a tractor deal,some people are saying you went to far but I'd say u didn't go far enough what a prize prick to deal with

You need to go to the bog more often that's all that's wrong there

You need to go to the bog more often that's all that's wrong there

Will u ever come down to me Reggie and bag the turf for me u seem to love working with turf

naughto wrote: »
    Will u ever come down to me Reggie and bag the turf for me u seem to love working with turf

Bagging turf is the work of the devil

Just read your thread on the nob who backed out of a tractor deal,some people are saying you went to far but I'd say u didn't go far enough what a prize prick to deal with

Thats down to everyones opinion. I understand both and before putting it online i decided over a coffee what to do. I should have used a bigger mug.

I was posting as a farmer and not in my professional context as i was buying a farming item.

I actually got 5 or 6 texts off people to say they had similiar experience. :eek:

• Advertisement

Bagging turf is the work of the devil

Auld lad use to bag turf to draw it home :mad:

I do draw it home in 1 ton bags now and stack in the shed. then move 2 or 3 to the garage as i need along with a bag of sticks the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Auld lad use to bag turf to draw it home :mad:

I do draw it home in 1 ton bags now and stack in the shed. then move 2 or 3 to the garage as i need along with a bag of sticks the odd time.

You need a bigger back door. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

we all have met "prize Pricks" in our lives , i dont think putting an ad on donedeal with a hard luck story is the way to deal with it, but each to their own..... I would spend my 3 euro or whatever on something else, lifes too short to carry on with crack like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

....and then all the reported posts would come in, and then myself or one of the others would have to dig into our pot of angry bold text, and then eveyone would be sad again.... T'was dealt with just fine. :D

Agree with the seller being a 'prize prick' though.... I'd be pissed too.

I'm afraid that was a mere blip compared to some of my monumental cock ups :(

Older and wiser now (mostly older and I'm faking the wiser)

• Advertisement

I'm afraid that was a mere blip compared to some of my monumental cock ups :(

You and me both my friend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Brandy & Port.

Brandy and baileys is a nice drink too :-)

Drank over half bottle of vod in college washed down with oj. Blackout central. Kind of sh*t that gets you killed. Instead being Christmas, l went back to the house after getting turfed out of the pub, got my tenon saw and then went out and proceeded to cut down a nice spruce tree and dragged it back through the estate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Thats down to everyones opinion. I understand both and before putting it online i decided over a coffee what to do. I should have used a bigger mug.

I was posting as a farmer and not in my professional context as i was buying a farming item.

I actually got 5 or 6 texts off people to say they had similiar experience. :eek:

I see the ad is gone from DD

want my opinion

don't think you were helping your professional context especially seeing that you plug your work quite a lot on here

it's up to everyone to vet a seller before you buy or intend to buy off & you more than anyone should realize that

just IMO sorry if it offends you

Muckit wrote: »
    Brandy and baileys is a nice drink too :-)

Drank over half bottle of vod in college washed down with oj. Blackout central. Kind of sh*t that gets you killed. Instead being Christmas, l went back to the house after getting turfed out of the pub, got my tenon saw and then went out and proceeded to cut down a nice spruce tree and dragged it back through the estate!!

The old Belfast Bomber, great going down... but problems later.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭J DEERE

Was it a nice tractor??

jt65 wrote: »
    I see the ad is gone from DD

want my opinion

don't think you were heinvestmentyour professional context especially seeing that you plug your work quite a lot on here

it's up to everyone to vet a seller before you buy or intend to buy off & you more than anyone should realize that

just IMO sorry if it offends you
    If lill farm helps out sime one else with what he did re posting the ad on dd then i dont see why its a problem.
    As it hurting his day job i get the impression that he is not short of work with the thread on investment that he had up not long ago.

If lill farm helps out sime one else with what he did re posting the ad on dd then i dont see why its a problem.
    As it hurting his day job i get the impression that he is not short of work with the thread on investment that he had up not long ago.
    if everyone who had a bad experience, did that dd would be full of those type of ads:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

602496_500920253270766_953153227_n.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

if people in this country gave out a little more it would benefit us all believe it or not. I had been warned off him i wount have drove a 5 hour journey twice, once bringing a mechcanic to come with me.

Some people thing they can treat you like crap. Why stand up for it?

This is a farming forum. Like most on here i am trying to better myself, and wasting 2 days travelling and most of yesterday doesnt help .

we went here www.imwm.ie this morning. Set up by a local guy who used to be a dairy farmer. Great day out and he really knows his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭dzer2

if people in this country gave out a little more it would benefit us all believe it or not. I had been warned off him i wount have drove a 5 hour journey twice, once bringing a mechcanic to come with me.

Some people thing they can treat you like crap. Why stand up for it?

This is a farming forum. Like most on here i am trying to better myself, and wasting 2 days travelling and most of yesterday doesnt help .

Charge yourself out at 20 euro an hour and see how much that messer has cost you.A few yrs ago the vet organised the herd test for 2 pm he arrived at 5.30pm then proceeded with his bill when I told him to take x amount of for the loss of my time he started an argument about it. I told him that if it was his time waitimg on me what would he have done he said he would have gome off to do something else. The following yr the department tested he after an hour I let the lot back out into the field when the vet arrived I told him to bring them in himself as I was too busy for that sh1te. He turned up on time to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

PETA plans Dublin ad showing human leg on plate

5 hours ago
    In a press release, PETA said that 'eating meat is eating a corpse'
    An animal rights group has said it is in negotiations to place a billboard ad in Dublin showing a human leg on a plate.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) said the planned campaign comes as gardaí are investigating the discovery of human remains at a recycling plant in Dublin.

In a press release, PETA said that "eating meat is eating a corpse" and urged people to take up a vegan lifestyle.

PETA spokeswoman Yvonne McNulty-Taylor said: "Maybe this tragedy will cause people to think about where their meat comes from every time they sit down to eat."
    What next ???????

greysides wrote: »
    602496_500920253270766_953153227_n.jpg

while growing old is inevitable.... growing up is optional !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I said wrote: »

5 hours ago
    An animal rights group has said it is in negotiations to place a billboard ad in Dublin showing a human leg on a plate.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) said the planned campaign comes as gardaí are investigating the discovery of human remains at a recycling plant in Dublin.

In a press release, PETA said that "eating meat is eating a corpse" and urged people to take up a vegan lifestyle.

PETA spokeswoman Yvonne McNulty-Taylor said: "Maybe this tragedy will cause people to think about where their meat comes from every time they sit down to eat."
    What next ???????

Take a look at the lobbying they do in the UK - scary that such a collection of nut eaters can have any serious influence ...

On-going campaigns

http://www.peta.org.uk/issues/

Unfortunately in the UK changing legislation resulted in traditional fox hunting being banned in 2004

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2014/03/good-news-for-foxes-prime-minister-abandons-attempt-to-relax-hunting-ban/

Start there what's next is right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Just seen a NewHolland 6080 combine go up in smoke on a neighbouring leased farm. Some insurance co is going to get a big bill. A Claas Lexicon carries on harvesting in the same field.

Just seen a NewHolland 6080 combine go up in smoke on a neighbouring leased farm. Some insurance co is going to get a big bill. A Claas Lexicon carries on harvesting in the same field.

Not nice

I said wrote: »

5 hours ago

What next ???????

All this talk of food is making me hungry.

I'd ate a nuns arse through a convent gate right now. Wouldn't that make some billboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I'd ate a nuns arse through a convent gate right now. Wouldn't that make some billboard.

Stop it.....you're just rising bauldness now:D

Ok folks,

Two tickets here for the RDS horse show up for grabs.

Only condition is that they will have to be collected in mullingar tomorrow evening as it's too late for posting them.

• Advertisement

Or a horses arse through a hole in the hedge .
    Im after polishing a chickens corpse there , twas grand :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement